83 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We got on the City Cat in South Bank and wrote it up to Hamilton turnaround and back during sunset.
Lots of commuters and some tourists riding the river.
You do need to get a pass since they will not take payment on the boat; if you do not get a pass you will get a ticket that’s $300 per person!
We enjoyed riding at dusk and seeing the sunset.
Right at sunset we saw thousands of bats flying across the river to settle in for the night.Written 28 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's free.... what more could you ask! Stops at 7 locations along the main city section of the river. Boats hold approx 30 people perhaps more and come every 30 minutes and go in a clockwise direction from one stop to the next. The boats are mainly covered however there is a small outdoor area at the rear of the boat. It is so fantastic that this service is free which is ideal for the tourist in order to get to the main locations throughout the city. A definite way to get around the city.Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great service , very efficient.
Will definitely use them again.
on time, very courteous , good vehicle.Written 23 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The City Hopper route is currently the only free ferry service along the Brisbane River, operated by the City itself, though the City operates other routes along the River that are not currently free. The route is good and you don’t need to transfer at the ends of the route because the boat just turns around and does the same route in reverse.Written 12 August 2023
- When the train is running it is great. Inexpensive and fast and comfortable to get anywhere in Brisbane. Although there's no luggage area I never have a problem finding a place for my luggage. The issue I have is that there seems to be track work way too often with the airtrain shut down half the time I want to use it. When the train is shut down there is a replacement bus, but the bus only goes between the airport and Roma Street, so if you're going anywhere else it is inconvenient. Being that Brisbane is going through major transportation upgrades I expect this track work will be going on for some time.Written 8 September 2023
- Booked last minute to pick my elderly father up from the airport when I couldn’t. My father had mixed up flight details but they went out of their way to help me. Great communication.
They picked Dad up, then brought him and his bags all the way to the front door.
I would not hesitate to use again and would recommend to anyone.Written 15 December 2022
- Thanks for a professional, prompt transfer. We really appreciate the service and recommend ABC transfers.Written 3 November 2023
- The only company that could help me get home to the Sunshine Coast when flight delays meant I didn’t arrive in Brisbane until 2am. Very grateful for the caring and professional service. Great communication. Would use Airlink Transfers every time. Thank you again.Written 8 June 2023
- The Queenslanders really do railways well … helpful ( if not always friendly) staff. The environment is clean, announcements are clear and information is forthcoming.
Central station is superbly located where you step off the train and you are practically in the city centre. The moment you arrive here you feel like you are somewhere special.Written 5 July 2022
- I used this train service a couple of times whilst in the area of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
My first experience was using this train to get me from Brisbane airport to my hotel in the centre of the town. I bought my ticket at the relevant booth at the airport and stepped on to the next train heading south. Interestingly (!), a few stops down the line a nice voice came over the loudspeaker system telling all passengers that they had turned the train into an express one. It was no longer going to be stopping at the station I wanted. Hey!! The was only one thing for it. Get off at the next possible station and then find a train (a slower one) going back in the other direction. I was lucky. But it sure did destabilize me a little.
On another occasion I took the train from the central station as far as the Helensvale station in the direction of the Gold Coast and then transferred to a tram to take me to my final destination. The guy in the ticket office in Brisbane sold me a combined ticket to get me all the way - something like 16 AED which I thought was very good. But you have to be patient. The train stopped everywhere, and it took a couple of hours to get to where I wanted to be.
But anyway, the trains were modern, clean and there was enough room for those of us with extra luggage.Written 27 November 2022
- In the space of 10 days, took the 'Spirit of the Outback' from Brisbane to Longreach, then the 'Inlander' from Mt Isa to Townsville, and finally back down the coast on the 'Spirit of Queensland' from Townsville to Brisbane. All in economy class.
Quite simply, if you have the ability to see this wonderful part of the country, see it the right way. Up close, without hurry, and by land.
No stressing about the cost of fuel at the pump. No hassles with airlines or airports, no lines at security, no worrying about bag checks or carry on limits. Plus you get to meet people from different walks of life, all while Queensland gently rolls by outside your window.
The scenery is amazing, the seats are comfortable, the staff are friendly, and the food options are good value and plentiful. If you're going to be exploring this great state, take a little extra time to enjoy the journey, not just the destination.Written 22 July 2022
- Awesome staff, our bus driver Mea was very cool. Service was accomodating and reliable. Thanks again!Written 26 November 2020
- Excellent service from start to finish. Courteous, reliable information when I booked. Fantastic service from our driver Allan. We were on an extremely tight time schedule from our flight arriving till the start of our function. When I turned my phone back on when the plane landed I received a message from Allan advising that he knew the plane had landed early and was already waiting for us. The drive was by the quickest route and Allan had worked out the closest point to our destination to drop us off and then gave us directions to the building. Thanks to Allan’s exceptional service we arrived at our destination in plenty of time. The car was clean and comfortable and Allan was polite and knowledgeable. Highly recommended for personalised caring service.Written 31 May 2018
- Great service between Byron Bay and Noosa. Half the time of the Greyhound and in much more comfort. Driver is very entertaining and made this one of the most memorable and enjoyable parts of my Oz trip. Highly recommended!!!Written 19 October 2015
- So our first experience of the rail network in Brisbane took us to Wooloowin station where a very helpful member of staff asked us about our stay and how much we would be travelling. She suggested a GoCard, much like the Oyster card for UK travellers that cost $10 deposit, which you get back when returning the card.
You then top this up at any station and it gives you reduced fares on trains and busses as well as extended off peak travel times.
The station itself was really clean and tidy.Written 2 March 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These experiences are best for transportation in Brisbane:
- Brisbane Airport to Noosa Private Transfer for 2
- Brisbane Airport International Departure Plaza Premium Lounge
- Croc Express to Australia Zoo from Brisbane HB7
- Brisbane Airport Arrival Shuttle Transfer to the Sunshine Coast Hotels/addresses
- Brisbane Departure Transfer Shuttle from Hotel to Brisbane Airport
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Brisbane:See more transportation for couples in Brisbane on Tripadvisor