Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
17 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Been going here for years. Comfy, parking and fair prices. I have seen the place improve from an old flea pit where you had to take you own cushion.Written 11 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited this cinema recently to see the movie/documentary Free Solo. I was pleased with the cinema offerings, comfy spacious seating, beer and other assorted beverages. Overall glad to have attended.Written 21 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was my first trip to Blue Room Cinebar. @ Rosalie. I came to see Elvis during awards season in early 2023 - I was super happy & grateful as Blue Room was the only cinema in Brisbane showing the film, which had its main theatrical run in 2022. I really liked the venue and the cinemas are luxurious and well set out. I wasn’t a fan of how they did the food & drinks though. The refreshments are brought out to your seat and they stagger the times based on the item ordered & it didn’t work for me. My popcorn was delivered to my seat near the start & my flat white coffee (which I ordered so I could get a caffeine hit to last me through a long movie!) still hadn’t arrived well over halfway into the movie and I had to go out and follow up. Maybe allow people to get their refreshments beforehand as an option or if delivered ensure this happens within the first half hour. That aside Blue Room is a great little boutique cinema and I’m keen to come back!Written 13 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I attended the deliciously decadent feeling Elizabeth Cinema yesterday with a severely disabled friend. the only staff member seen who seemed to have all responsibilities gave us her full attention, helped us in every way and could not be more highly spoken of. well done Georgia, well done Elizabeth Cinema.Written 25 September 2022
- I was lucky enough to pay a visit to the cinemas at a time like this! A very refreshing experience. Not the tidiest place, but the low price and center location make up for that. Lost of places nearby to go after watching a movie that will enhance your evening going-out experience!Written 9 August 2021
- Awesome for anyone wanting to watch a new movie at a cheap price
The chairs are great too
Best to go with friends or family ,ordering tickets online would save you time and lining upWritten 16 July 2018
- Cinemas are all new and now have a bar restaurant you can just walk up to and enjoy even if you are not seeing a movie.
Food was ok nice flavours but only just warm and sitting through a 3 and 1/2 hours movie and receiving everything you ordered in the first half hour is a bit over the top. Few bugs to work out of there systemWritten 19 December 2022
- It was great to be back at Dendy to watch a movie on the large screen again - for the Star Wars special tonight. The contactless purchases were well managed as were the social distancing seating arrangements. Thank you.Written 11 September 2020
- As cinemas go this one was OK. It was a short walk up the stairs into the lobby. The cinemas weren't labelled clearly and you had to look closely to find the number.
You could purchase alcohol to take into the cinema in a glass wine glass. There was only a few snacks to buy but the pop corn was excellent. Just the right amount of saltiness. The cinema was one of the only ones left which actually screen films shown of actual film. It was a trip back to my youth and made me feel old when my 22 year old son saw film shot on and actually screened on film for the first time in his life. The seats were comfortable and the cinemas clean. I would go back again. You can buy tickets there but we purchased them online which made it easier.Written 9 August 2023
- I walked from Milton where I was staying several times in Jan-Mar’22 to see films at Palace Barracks during Oscar season. ‘Drive My Car’ & ‘Belfast’ were two of them. There are some great deals if you go mid week - I remember paying not much more that $10 for a ticket on at least one occasion. But the cinemas are boutique & get excellent films so it’s worth paying full price.
Shout out to their choc tops in particular, which are excellent, probably the best out of all the cinema chains.
I also have a wonderful memory of a late friend and I seeing a late night screening of ‘The Exorcist’ here several years ago. Linda Blair herself was in Australia & booked & advertised to introduce the film (but ended up having to cancel last minute).Written 17 August 2022
- I came out from Highgate Hill to these cinemas for the first time so I could see the special return season of Everything Everywhere All At Once during its award season run. My impression was that of a quiet, chilled out, boutique cinema in inner Brisbane (though may not be so quiet & chilled out for a screening of ‘Barbie’ at the moment). I live in Kelvin Grove now which is close so I’ll surely be back.Written 2 September 2023
- Sunnybank Cinemas have come a long way since turning into Hoyts. They now have reclining seats all through-out the cinemas which ensures you wont have anyones lap squeezing onto yours in a booked out movie! You get to relax in air con watching hopefully a good movie in the comfort of a recliner - as someone else said its similar to having a gold class feel to it. Although the prices for movies these days are a little steep (at about $25 per person). So I wouldn't go often!Written 10 January 2018
- Old Fashion Drive In Theatre only about half an hour drive from Brisbane. Very affordable at $10 per car, perfect for Saturday family outings or couple romantic movie night! Food & beverages are cheap too.Written 12 February 2018
- Be mindful that if you book Connoisseur seats, the director chairs are right up the back of the amphitheatre. Not ideal, especially as Gold Class is only $2 more per person. Different set up to 2018.Written 26 December 2019
- My husband and I went to a movie in the Gold Class theatre because we wanted a special day out. The service was excellent, the drinks and meals were above amazing, the theatre and the seats were comfortable. All was going well. Then the movie came on - and - torture!!! The sound was so loud thet it nearly blew us out of our seats. I had even taken ear plugs (knowing that I never like the sound very loud) - but they were no help. Why do cinemas (I know this is the norm) assume that people will enjoy a movie more if it deafens them and shakes the seats?
We will be waiting and enjoying our movies at home from now on.Written 30 June 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These are the best places for couples seeking movie theatres in Brisbane:See more movie theatres for couples in Brisbane on Tripadvisor