Types of Attractions
7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Wonderful museum. We didn't have much time but it was really good and I'd come back and spend more time next time. Beautiful building as well.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We are not art experts. We were impressed by the different exhibitions and the huge collection. There is something for everyone. Great place to visit.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I studied & worked at QUT from 2006 to 2012 and visited the Art Museum many times. I recently came back as a patron (still free entry!) and not a lot has changed in over 10 years (same space, layout etc). It’s a small contemporary art gallery that has some interesting work (internally curated exhibitions, commissioned projects, touring exhibitions). Traditional art you will not find as it leans towards edgier post-modern art (sculptures/installation art, use of multimedia, etc). It’s right opposite the Botanic Gardens and a convenient stop off while exploring the city.Written 17 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a one of a number of small museums that are tucked away at UQ. There is one at the Ancient History/archaeology faculty. This one features Australian and pacific cultural displays and items. Worthwhile to have look at and visit. I feel that it should be advertised more so that more people would know about this museum.Written 27 February 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art museums in Brisbane:See more budget-friendly art museums in Brisbane on Tripadvisor