28 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This course was amazing. It exceeded every expectation I had. I learnt so much in the beginner course. I can’t wait to book my next course.Written 16 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was heaps of fun.. never painted before but our paintings turned out better than we thought. Its Byo too and huge fridge and glasses provided which is great.
Toliets close by too and lots of time to go in between lessons.
Very very enjoyable. Will definately be back soon.Written 25 June 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We rented 2 x Cannondale Topstones from Ben. The bikes were brand new and perfect for the BVRT. No issues at all in terms of mechanical or puncture. Ben responded to our emails in a timely manner, delivered the bikes to our accommodation and picked up at the end of the trip. All seamless and cheaper than other operators. Great experience for us. Thank you.Written 10 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Photo Night Photography course started at the base of Brisbane's Wheel on Southbank. Catherine (our Instructor) had not anticipated the Noodle Market being on at the same time but she quickly altered her plans and found other spots where we could photograph Brisbane at night. Catherine was excellent at explaining techniques using simple straightforward easily understood language as well as demonstrating techniques on her camera. I learned a lot in the three hours we spent on the course and certainly felt a lot more confident in taking night photos at the end of the course than I did at the beginning. Certainly recommend this course for anyone wanting to improve their night photography.Written 7 August 2019
- I went to the beyond basics workshop in the Brisbane CBD, it was an amazing day! Paul is so friendly, a great teacher and a wealth of knowledge.
The small group sizes mean you get plenty of one on one time to focus on what you need extra help with. i learnt so much!
Paul also knows great spots around the city to capture that i would not have found on my one.
I would most certainly highly recommend photo genius workshops to anyone who wants to develop their photography skills.Written 9 August 2023
- Chrissie was an excellent teacher. So informative for the 2 hours. Great location at Southbank with so many photo opportunities. Judy & TrishWritten 3 September 2019
- Staff, students and the room itself makes for a very warm world. Every class is a different journey. Every teacher a unique and powerful character sharing vast amounts of knowledge with skill and kindness.
Attention to detail is superb, explaining, adjusting and refining poses and postures. Their grasp on living this ancient holistic practice is a joyous balance of spirituality and physical science. Humanness is also acknowledged and celebrated.
They chant and play music ~ from gentle acoustic pieces to Led Zeppelin for the more intense flows. Some sing, one rolls healing thunder from a crystal bowl and another resonates magic into every cell with a Tibetan singing bowl placed over the abdomen. They check in with how students are feeling, if they are rested and hydrated.
Some administer heavenly essential oil massages during Savasana. Some give me a hug. All of them smile at me and make me feel welcome in my holey leggings and wolf tee shirt. I am encouraged and supported on my journey.
The time table has a beautiful array of different classes at different times, seven days a week.
Morning classes are highly energising and night classes are pure magic. I arrive with relief to finally be on my mat. I leave on a cloud, a huge grin on my face.
I am filled with gratitude to have discovered this studio.
I heart Yoga Bones, highly recommended to Brisbane folks and world travelers alike xWritten 23 January 2017
- Having attended life drawing classes at Grace Art Events for over a year I can attest that this is the best place in Brisbane to do life drawing. Classes usually start with 5 one minute poses followed by 5,10 and 15 minute poses. The environment is warm and welcoming with a break half way through where you can socialise with other artists and check out their work. The models are professional and the facilitator is excellent.Written 12 March 2019
- Absolutely love it. Franics was very knowledgeable and explained things well and in simple terms that everyone can understand. Small groups means no one is left behind as he had time to spend with everyone. Fanstastic way to learn how to use your camera on manual mode instead of auto.Written 6 October 2018
- Amazing! Such a lovely teacher and a super fun class. My family and I had a great time and got to create a cool artworkWritten 6 March 2022
- For my wife's birthday I booked a flight with Brisbane Aviators. They we're fantastic! Leka at reception was very helpful in planning the day and Pilot Brad was great and helped calm my wife when we walked in and I dropped the surprise on her that she would be flying that day 😂
Great crew and she had an amazing experience, would recommend these guys to anyone!Written 16 November 2018
- Rio Rhythmics is a dance studio in Brisbane's West End, established since 1994, and teaching 'street latin'. These dances are Salsa, Bachata, Forro, Merengue, samba gafieira, bolero and argentine tango. Classes for all levels are available all week. Saturday night is party night, commencing with a beginners class for an hour and a half followed by dancing until midnight. The teaching staff are very knowledgeable but also very very friendly. Everyone is made to feel very welcome. It has been my favourite Saturday night outing for 3 years.Written 6 October 2017
- Mary & Jen Salden are absolutely lovely. The Centre also has yummy food & herbal teas as part of the $10 classes, and they most generously give away goodies. Classes are small (10-20 people), with a set programme of meditation, a chant, teachings, more meditation, discussion and Q & A. Emphasis on the eBook "How to Transform Your Life". A lovely brief time away from the madness of life.Written 18 May 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These experiences are best for lessons & workshops in Brisbane:
- Private Charcuterie Board Workshop Experience in Queensland
- Brisbane City Helicopter Tour for One (Daytime Flight Experience)
- City Winery Brisbane Wine Blending Workshop
- Magic Men Brisbane Cabaret Show
- Wine Blending Workshop in Brisbane City
- These are the best places for budget-friendly lessons & workshops in Brisbane:See more budget-friendly lessons & workshops in Brisbane on Tripadvisor