Flea & Street Markets • Farmers Markets
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- In flowers always, we can find a worth beyond its beauty, how the choice and fragrance measure against the sweetness of a soul. There is no mystery in the design or concept of flowers, they simply bloom where they grow, each one unique in the Colors on show.
Planted in buckets, a complexion bursting from different shades, welcome to the Rocklea flower markets with their row upon row of bouquets to delight. Your visit will have you designing the perfect arrangement whether it be for a wedding, birthday, celebration or special event.
As you enter the cold rooms Each flower will test your knowledge of floristry and horticulture. Whether it be an orchid, a rose or the natives as your pick, each is but the mirror to the smile you’ll want to share. It’s fragrance what we all seek to replicate and find.
At the Brisbane flower markets, What you will hold in your hands, is yours alone to give, flowers picked by and for you are but the love sending its way back to show the care. These markets really will have you cultivating the art of floral arrangements to share with those you love or to bring further warmth and beauty into your home. Walking through the cold rooms will nurture your spirit and replenish the soul, flooding your mind with pooling thoughts about the abundance of color, the texture by touch and how you will want to form a combination that represents or reminds you of the one you are choosing for. Your purchase really will signify the look you love.
‘Leaves fall apart and are blown away, but it is the flower that blooms every day’ - For-you-she-writesWritten 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I maybe a bit biased I will confess from the start. I live very close to the Powerhouse and visit these markets most Saturday mornings.
It is a great outing with plenty of different stalls offering quality fruit and vegetables and products at a reasonable price. Much better than you find in supermarkets.
There is also a great variety of cultural food to munch on while walking around the stalls.
There is generally a couple of buskers around putting out some beats.
The powerhouse , park and river are close by. So there is plenty to do while visiting here.
I never get tired of this place.
I have brought many friends here and they have always loved it.Written 8 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful little shop with a great range of products you won't find elsewhere.
I enjoy visiting this little spot a couple of times a month, especially when I deserve a treat!
Don't forget to ask for a Loyalty Card. The freebies add up quickly!Written 5 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great little local market, parking a bit limited but as its a small market people come and go relatively quickly. There is a lot of fresh fruit and vegg, a few food outlets and some other interesting stalls. Worth a visit but probably more for the locals and definitely more a fresh food market. Good thought and really enjoyed my wander.Written 22 October 2019
- Best to get there early as they sell out quickly and the fruit left later in the morn is the leftovers. Good Brekky optionsWritten 5 June 2022
- These markets are on every Wednesday from 8am to 6pm.
We were staying nearby and called in.
Its a smallish market with so many great food options.
It was quite busy and seemed a lot of the local office workers were grabbing a bite to eat.Written 27 June 2023
- Lovely location right outside the gaol. Plenty of different types of stalls the french patisserie was our favourite 😊 lots of places to sit. It was something different and plenty of parking availableWritten 1 October 2016
- It was hard to decide on a rating for this little market. The market itself is small, and not especially inspiring - don't go expecting a day of shopping or you will surely be disappointed. But the gardens are lovely, the market is set up close to the pond (which is one of my favourite places in the gardens) and on a sunny morning (of which, Brisbane has an abundance) it adds an extra level of vibrance. Always a sucker for a market atmosphere, I never miss the market in the gardens if I'm visiting on the weekend.Written 5 June 2023