Speciality & Gift Shops • Historic Sites
62 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It's been there a long time. Fastidiously maintained. If you want to see the best effort in Christmas decorations hot foot it to this two level arcade. But some hand made chocolates have a coffee in one of the two cafes. Upstairs has many antique jewellers, watchmakers and the Room with Roses restaurant. Upstairs you can get the best view of the Christmas decorations .
There is a fascinating history of the Patrick Mayne family whose land investments in the late 1800s funded this arcade as well as the land for the Uni of Queensland and the Herston Medical School. If you go to the lift the history of the arcade in on the wall. A Brisbane Ghost tour has a fascinating story also of the arcade and any other time you might run into a ghost or two upstairs of a previous milliner and maybe Mrs Mary Mayne herself from the 1860s occupation of this area of Queen Street.
Brisbane is lucky to still have this rare arcade. A fascinating selection of stores and heritage architecture. May it last forever.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Free to enter unless you want to go to one of the special exhibitions.
Lots of general knowledge about the planets and history of space travel. We just had a quick look while waiting for the bus !Written 14 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great Trampoline. Great quality. Good size for the kids to grow into. They both love it! Very happy with the purchase and customer service.Written 5 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful little shop with a great range of products you won't find elsewhere.
I enjoy visiting this little spot a couple of times a month, especially when I deserve a treat!
Don't forget to ask for a Loyalty Card. The freebies add up quickly!Written 5 July 2021
- I was truly excited about Noosa chocolates. The variety and just rich taste was a delight.
If you do get something I recommend the gift packages. They come in multiple choices, ready packed perfect for gifts back home.Written 3 March 2023
- Huge choice of fruits and veggies I did not see some of them for years!
Large offer of food, we have loved eating there
Very good marketWritten 19 July 2020
- A great place to have at your doorstep if you are staying in the area. Not a place, however, that is necessarily worth going out of your way to visit.Written 22 August 2023
- Spent an hour here today as a small family group.
We attended the 1pm - 2pm session, and we had booked ahead using their website.
On arrival we ordered beverages and then we were taken through to the cuddle area. Once our drinks were ready (which were delicious may I add), they brought them to us in the area, and introduced us to all the cats.
Gave us a general induction of the facilities and the cats themselves... their likes and dislikes, plus general rules.
We thoroughly enjoyed our hour here, then lingered in the gift shop for a bit before our departure.
We can't wait for next holidays to visit again.Written 16 May 2021
- This one is going to fit a niche market but if you love books you'll enjoy your visit. It's smelly and old and musty with wooden ladders and steps dotted around the place so that you can reach the higher shelves. My teenage daughter declared that it was "just like a movie". Many of the books are the ones that you still see on Grandma's bookshelf and they aren't exactly cheap. That said, there's a certain charm for the book lover and some of the rare works are genuinely special.
My daughter and I really enjoyed our visit. We both took home a purchase and we'll definitely be back to have a wander through on our next visit to Brisbane.Written 24 November 2021
- I had an earlier breakfast in this area and I decided to stop by and pick something up. There is a good selection over a broad many topics. Staff were friendly and helpful. I do like to support local booksellers in an area that I travel too.Written 24 March 2023
- Iwan Bookshop is a gem nestled in the New Farm community. I chose them to host my book launch event as they have a great audience and newsletter reader base. The owners are very helpful and we have a great conversation every time! The craft and multilingual theme of the shop is very telling of what a wonderful city Brisbane has become, full of a vibrant multi-cultural community!Written 21 July 2022
- I loved this gallery with 3 parts of display area. Very close to the centre of Paddington easy to reach from Latrobe. Very much worth a visit!Written 15 July 2015
- Such a beautiful tea shop. Perfect for gifts and spoiling yourself. These girls really know their stuff and the tea is so delicious.Written 6 November 2019
- This store is located next to Vagelis cafe and has lots of beautiful accessories, fashion, gifts and homewares. The staff are friendly and it is air conditioned!!! 5/5 recommend.Written 13 March 2017
- Great activity for kids, have been a few times and will be back. Potentially more staff needed, given wait times when it is crowded, but still worth going.Written 31 January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These are the best places for kid-friendly gift & speciality shops in Brisbane:See more gift & speciality shops for children in Brisbane on Tripadvisor