19 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was just a couple blocks from the W hotel that we stayed at W while in Brisbane. It’s immediately next to the City Hall and King George Square. There are lots of shops and food options here. Interesting for us is that a lot of the stores were American stores and brands. There’s definitely a lot of American influence in the Australian cities. This a nice place to walk around looking in store and have a bite to eat. We did this on the morning that we were leaving on a redeye flight back to the states so we didn’t spend as much time here as we probably would have liked to.Written 7 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's been there a long time. Fastidiously maintained. If you want to see the best effort in Christmas decorations hot foot it to this two level arcade. But some hand made chocolates have a coffee in one of the two cafes. Upstairs has many antique jewellers, watchmakers and the Room with Roses restaurant. Upstairs you can get the best view of the Christmas decorations .
There is a fascinating history of the Patrick Mayne family whose land investments in the late 1800s funded this arcade as well as the land for the Uni of Queensland and the Herston Medical School. If you go to the lift the history of the arcade in on the wall. A Brisbane Ghost tour has a fascinating story also of the arcade and any other time you might run into a ghost or two upstairs of a previous milliner and maybe Mrs Mary Mayne herself from the 1860s occupation of this area of Queen Street.
Brisbane is lucky to still have this rare arcade. A fascinating selection of stores and heritage architecture. May it last forever.Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Not the greatest mall in the world in terms of design but certainly a staggering array of shops. By the number of outlets perhaps the biggest mall in Queensland? Worth visiting if you're a shopaholic - and on a warm day it has great air-conditioning!Written 6 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice place for finding asian food in brisbane area. A lot of choice asian food compare to brisbane chinatown which the shop almost all closing down (dont go to brisbane chinatown, wasting time)Written 13 July 2023
- The range of shops and eateries is quite good and it is an easy centre to navigate. Parking spaces are plenty, even at busy times but there is no automated rego plate reader system which makes it necessary to stop and use tickets and it costs after 3 hours. Hope that changes soon. The movie theatres are modern and very comfortable.Written 17 January 2020
- Interesting thing is that I have a gold card for Myer, but I really don't appreciate the lack of customer service in most of their city stores... in fact, I have a soft spot for their original Bendigo store that does offer outstanding service. Still... there is something distinct about Myers that draws you in. Maybe it's that history that drags you in... the offer of something special.
I wandered in to the building to find a clothing store I shopped at about ten years ago... I never quite made it there because I walked into Jacqui E... after I made a purchase the young lady told me that the store I had originally been looking for had moved on. How lucky was I that I stumbled across Jacqui E then?!?!
It was cold and wet when I arrived there in early July... after trying to pack as much into my day as possible ( I only had a day there between flights) ... I was wet with walking in the rain. I was also very cold. As I walked into this store there was a gorgeous, simple black cardigan near the front of the store. I didn't want to wait for a fitting room so I asked if I could try it there in the store. The young lady laughed and said that I could. I tried it on... said I would take it and had a quick look around the store. When I returned to the checkout I also purchased a scarf... she took my wet jacket and put it away, removed the tags on the new stuff and off I went. :)
The cardigan and scarf have become a regular staple in my business wear.Written 5 August 2022
- This small mall located on Queen street has changed since my last visit.
Last time there was a lot of empty stores and major renovations happening. This is all now completed.
The centre offers free wifi and toilets.
They have Coles, Restaurants, a good Food Court and upmarket Retail.I love Kimm Thai and New Shanghai Restaurant at this centre and enjoyed Ramen at the food court at Shinobi Ramen.
A massage shop just opened so I enjoyed a discounted massage.
A much improved experience from last time.Written 1 February 2021
- As good a place to shop with big brands as you would find in Shanghai or Singapore.
Clean spaces that are wide for people to walk along. A very good food court and plenty of coffee etc style places as well.
An great place to get out of the rainWritten 10 April 2022
- Visited on Sunday 4th June. I regularly go to shop there, still good but not as cheap as it used to be.Written 23 June 2023
- The Barracks is a small retail complex next to Victoria Barracks Brisbane. There is a Coles, some retail stores, a link to the train station, and a few eateries and restaurants. Nicely maintained and well designed.Written 27 July 2022
- It's a great place for those with some time to spare while waiting for their flights. There are lots of shops and many offer pretty good discounts when we were there. There is also a Woolworths and some eateries/taverns. A surprising find was Chi Ling Massage and Beauty which offers an amazingly great massage!Written 30 December 2019
- Visited on Tuesday 14th February. The reno's are finished and how good is Toowong Village now. It's looks fresh with a revamp of the escalator's and shops, with free parking for 3 hours, how good is that. Well done.Written 1 March 2023
- Wise olden planners did well to preserve green space mid-city.
Underneath is a retail shopping complex.
Lovely place above to relax on lawn and catch some sunlight.
Together with adjacent Anzac Square memorial makes a
beautiful walk-through option preferable to nearby CBD streets.Written 21 May 2022
- Very handy to have a Woolworths outlet in the building for a quick shop after visiting the museum next door. Other than Woolies and Big W, there are about 30 other specialty shops, food outlets, fashion, etc. Not a busy place when we ventured in on the Sunday. The Centre is located in MacArthur Chambers building which also incorporates apartments and the MacArthur Museum. The building was used by General Douglas MacArthur as the Allied forces' South West Pacific Area Headquarters from July 1942 to November 1944.Written 15 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Brisbane
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping malls in Brisbane:See more shopping malls for children in Brisbane on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping malls in Brisbane:See more budget-friendly shopping malls in Brisbane on Tripadvisor