509 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Science Museums • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Admission tickets from AU$39
Architectural Buildings • History Museums
Admission tickets from AU$15
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 509
What travellers are saying
- Amazing piece of history.
We did all the tours available and loved every moment. The museum, the Light show and the Wingwalk were all memorable and time well spent. Thanks to Sarah and John for their informative tours.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful museum. We didn't have much time but it was really good and I'd come back and spend more time next time. Beautiful building as well.Written 25 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a world class facility and a great window into the history of dinosaurs in Australia.
The life size models in brass are exceptional and this is a must see for every intelligent Australian.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are into Military vehicles and history, this is the place for you. An amazing collection of vehicles and artefacts on display. We enjoyed our visit here.Written 18 November 2023
- No entry fee - amazing. Make sure you go up the clocktower. Unfortunately, the perspex makes taking good photos difficult, but the view is excellent.Written 22 August 2023
- Arrived just after opening, paid the entry fee for two, given advice about the layout and off we went. It was an amazing, watched the videos, looked at the items on display, learnt a little. Well worth the couple of hours we spent there.Written 22 October 2023
- Was very impressed with this free museum. The Lego Jurassic World exhibit was under construction during our visit and will require a ticket to access, but the rest of the museum was open to the public. Current exhibits involved insects, dinosaurs and a collection of Australian animals & objects. A cafe is present but is quite pricey and had a small menu. No water fountains are present unless you want to fill up from the taps in the toilets. Worth checking out if you need to fill in a few hours or want to escape the heat.Written 28 November 2023
- Absolutely a must see! I spent 2.5hrs here and felt like I was very rushed could have spent a whole day (or more) here. They have put a lot of effort into the displays and it shows. Staff are very friendly also.Written 27 April 2023
- Enjoyed our visit! Staff were friendly, well set up with audio guide and different areas taking you through the rainforest so learnt a lot!Written 22 November 2023
- Excellent museum, with so many interesting items on display. A great experience for all ages and with a very reasonable entry fee. Very helpful and friendly volunteers.Written 19 November 2023
- We planned to visit the Cosmos Centre for a couple of hours. We ended up spending most of the day and returned in the evening to view planets, stars (many of which are millions of light years away). Our tour guide, Alex, was great. He even picked us up from our accommodation and returned us after the excursion.
In the afternoon another tour guide, Jack, told us heaps about the sun. The views through the telescope were amazing. Jack was a fountain of knowledge. He even took pictures of the sun on our mobile phones through the telescope.
The movie in the dome was also special.
A wonderful educational day.
Highly recommended!Written 17 November 2023
- What a great museum. Informative, well set out and interactive and staff were so helpful. Flight simulators, video history, sit in a replica of the ARVO baby (and see the original!) We did not realise just what an important pioneer of aviation Bert Hinkler was until this visit. And very poignant reminder of the Challenger shuttle disaster in 1986 where a piece of Bert’s original glider was carried on board due to its significance in aviation history, and found months after during searches for debris, still intact. It was presented to the museum by the Challenger Commander Dick Scobee’s wife, June. Well worth visiting.Written 18 November 2023
- Our Guide Bob made sure we had an awesome experience. So much to see, you could spend all day here. Even if your like me & not a plane fanatic you should definitely do it.Written 23 August 2023
- We visited Toowoomba for the Carnival of Flowers and whilst visiting Laurel Bank Park we called in at the Cobb and Co Museum.
It had a fascinating display of old coaches and wagons, it is well worth a visit and had a good cafe as well.Written 27 September 2023
- This is a must do especially the Night Tour. The tent house was amazing Excellent Tour Guide Would highly Recommend.Written 2 October 2023