23 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fabulous spot with great facilities. Not crowded as lots of pools to swim in plus so close to Darwin. Don’t miss it!Written 29 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a step back in time to see this FANTASTIC collection of Vintage equipment and Cars. Many thanks to all the volunteers who keep it all safe clean.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- July 2023. Beautiful park. Lots of different fish, turtles, and snakes to see. Great playground for children and nice water facilities, ie small dams for children to play in. Beautifully kept.Written 25 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited on Tuesday 2nd May. Made a point of stopping to see Burnett House, it part of the heritage area in Darwin, on display are 4 houses which survived the Bombing of Darwin and Cyclone Tracy.Written 16 June 2023
- I really like the Darwin Deck chair cinema. They screen a good variety of films and the set up and layout is great. Grab a cushion and reserve your spot and help yourself to the food buffet.Written 8 October 2023
- Darwin is an amazing city, where the people are relaxed, most of the time the weather is perfect, you can do a lots of outdoor activities except swimming on the beach where the crocodiles cruising. Most of the Darwin are friendly, and multicultural environment give you a colourful life style and yummy food with quite a variety of choices of cuisines. It's close to quite a few famous National Parks with beautiful environments and scenery.Written 2 October 2023
- Just finished an amazing fun packed and adventurous day trip with these guys. Will our guide was on it from the get go and provided us with great commentary throughout. Our trip on the Adelaide river with the Captain was sublime and we got to see some amazing wildlife and crocodiles 🐊 in their natural habitats and that too was a massive thrill. Can’t fault the company. Lots of nice food and snacks provided and the swims around various water holes were scenic and just lovely. Thanks guys and good job 👏👏Written 22 November 2023
- This was an experience of a lifetime. Setting up our fishing safari was easy. Emma was prompt in answering all our question before we arrived. We were picked up by John from our hotel and taken to Dundee beach house. We were welcomed by Ryan and Amy who helped keep us organized and on time for our fishing and meals. All staff were so organized and attentive. Every need was taken care of. The food presentation and flavor was as good as any upscale restaurant. The setting was exceptional with nightly sunsets over the water while visiting about the days fishing and eating canapés and having a beverage. The fishing was a highlight for sure. We fished every day from 730am to 330-430 pm depending on the tides. We had the same captain every day. All fishing rods, reels and terminal tackle and baits if appropriate were supplied. There were just four anglers per boat which allowed for easy fishing. We fished the estuaries for barramundi and caught mud crabs while we fished. The reef was within 30 minutes boat ride. The variety fish we caught was extensive. My bucket list numbers dropped by 7 fish during the five days we fished. We thought this would be a once in a lifetime trip to Australia but are returning in 2025 because the experience was just one we need to repeat.Written 3 December 2023
- What a fantastic experience and asset for Darwin. We had a fantastic time solving the haunted circus room which was age appropriate for our 10 and 13 year old. Staff were very friendly and professional. We can't wait to go back and try the other rooms.Written 17 January 2020
- Definitely recommend this and particularly Wetland Cruises, very peaceful and serene and just lovely floathing on the water seeing wildlife. Terrifice guides with an abundance of knowledge.Written 8 January 2023
- Booked this company after closely comparing itineraries from the many operators doing this type of tour, also their ability to give a guarantee departure of the tour, small group, and most importantly their selection of the crocodile tour operator who interacts with crocodiles in a respectful manner without all the sensationalism of jumping crocs. And Off-road Dreaming delivered. A great day with 12 other travellers and the friendly and easy going Annie as our driver/guide. She gave us plenty of great information while travelling and took time to ensure we all had options at our park stops if you didn’t want to walk steps etc. Well timed day with a coffee stop en route, doing the various waterfalls and water holes, a nice fresh plentiful lunch served by Annie. Another coffee stop en route to Croc Spot Tours at Adelaide River where Rex took us including Annie on a boat river tour where he shared his rich knowledge of the crocs, talking about how they interact in their own patch in the river. Yes they did jump up for the offered food but he did it with respect and care for all the crocs he interacted with from huge crocs to one only 3 months old, and we didn’t feel that we were on a croc circus trip. We thoroughly enjoyed the day, and highly recommend this tour operator.Written 20 October 2023
- Fantastic cruise with a super knowledgeable skipper/host. We saw a number of crocs and had some great jumps and viewing for both sides of the boat. Our 9 year old loved it and it was amazing to see the crocs up close.Written 1 December 2023
- Brilliant Day Tour to Kakadu into flood country. Rob was v insightful, knowledgeable and patient. Went with myself 28M two parents 65yrs- went for a fab walk, river cruise and lovely lunch. Hope to comeback for a longer trek with friends!Written 27 September 2023
- We visited Litchfield NP and were impressed by the diversity of the landscape: dry areas with shrubs, thorny bushes, termite cathedrals and moist areas with streams, pools, waterfalls and a lush forest. While we cooled off in a clear stream, Tess prepared lunch: grilled barramundi, salad, bread, cheese, fruit, cool drinks. A gourmet meal! But best of all was Tess herself. We learned so much about the aboriginal people, their way of life, her family.
We recommend this tour to those who want more than just sightseeing.Written 23 October 2023
- I had a fantastic time on the Kakadu & Arnhem land tour! Saw so much aussie wildlife & was immersed in nature. Adam was a great tour guide & did a splendid job with food, meals were perfect! If you love adventure, nature, sunshine & wildlife, I highly recommend this tour!Written 16 September 2023