86 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Admission tickets from AU$30
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This museum has many interesting exhibits on Darwin's natural and human history. I enjoyed the megafauna and the Cyclone Tracy exhibits. The highlight for me had to be the Aboriginal art. Two of the galleries featured winners of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Awards. One gallery focused on this year's winners while another featured past winners. I was impressed by the diversity and quality of the artworks. You can spend several hours here.Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- can’t believe there are salties right in the heart of Darwin City! It was scary at first but it was a bit relaxing once you’re in the cage 😅Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an interesting and fascinating museum. We learnt so much and were both very impressed with Renee who showed us around. She was so friendly and helpful.. . Would thoroughly recommend this place to all travellersWritten 31 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Head to the beach just before the sunset to see an amazing transformation of the sun. As it lowers it changes to a bright red giving a spectacular glow. It lingers long enough to take plenty of beautiful photosWritten 28 October 2023
- Fabulous spot with great facilities. Not crowded as lots of pools to swim in plus so close to Darwin. Don’t miss it!Written 29 September 2023
- The Darwin Aviation Museum is adjacent to Darwin Airport, but on the other side. A local bus stops in front of the museum. Its prize exhibit is the only Boeing B-52 Stratofortress on display in the Southern Hemisphere. It was built in 1959 and gifted by the U.S. government to the people of Darwin in 1990. They had to build a special hangar to accommodate this huge aircraft. I spent two hours at this museum enjoying their many exhibits.Written 1 November 2023
- Room was amazing - view amazing - very comfortable accommodation - gift basket in the fridge was awesome (unexpected) - staff very friendly - highly recommend to anyone wanting a get-away but still close to restaurants / shops & activities - 10 out of 10 👏👏Written 29 October 2023
- I felt there should have been more history imparted. Interesting displays but would have liked more facts and back story. The video portions were really well done.Written 18 July 2023
- We spent every morning of our trip here. Nice and relaxing atmosphere. The kids didn’t want to leave. Get there early to get a loungerWritten 27 August 2023
- Wonderful large collection of military artefacts in particular WW2 and the effects on Darwin of a series of bombings. Entry includes a video version. Half of collection is indoors with a further selection in particular vehicles outside. Small onsite cafe and souvenirs. Stop on hop on hop off bus and tickets can be purchased on the bus. Definitely worth a visit whether it be learning about Darwin or an interest in military or experiences of warWritten 23 September 2023
- Visited on Sunday 30th April, it was very busy being the first Sunday market this year. Great choice of food and drink, not as many market stalls as I was expecting.Written 16 June 2023
- this is a gem off the main tourist areas of Darwin. well worth a visit, plenty or fun for all ages of children, plenty of shade and play areas as well. room to have a picnic too.Written 31 July 2023
- Nice for a visit to wander around. Seems dogs are allowed here and can swim, which was nice.
Nice spot to visit had a cafe as well although we did not go to the cafe.Written 17 July 2023
- Visited on Monday 1st May. Stopped off there to check out the area, great views of the coastline looking back towards Darwin.Written 16 June 2023
- These markets were great - a much better proportion of food stalls to product stalls. Still a bit crowded but more manageable ( eg queues not as bad). Nice Vietnamese iced coffee, good food options. Would def go again. Mindil - I won’t.Written 16 July 2023