47 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Admission tickets from AU$30
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travellers are saying
- This museum has many interesting exhibits on Darwin's natural and human history. I enjoyed the megafauna and the Cyclone Tracy exhibits. The highlight for me had to be the Aboriginal art. Two of the galleries featured winners of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Awards. One gallery focused on this year's winners while another featured past winners. I was impressed by the diversity and quality of the artworks. You can spend several hours here.Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- can’t believe there are salties right in the heart of Darwin City! It was scary at first but it was a bit relaxing once you’re in the cage 😅Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What an interesting and fascinating museum. We learnt so much and were both very impressed with Renee who showed us around. She was so friendly and helpful.. . Would thoroughly recommend this place to all travellersWritten 31 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Darwin Aviation Museum is adjacent to Darwin Airport, but on the other side. A local bus stops in front of the museum. Its prize exhibit is the only Boeing B-52 Stratofortress on display in the Southern Hemisphere. It was built in 1959 and gifted by the U.S. government to the people of Darwin in 1990. They had to build a special hangar to accommodate this huge aircraft. I spent two hours at this museum enjoying their many exhibits.Written 1 November 2023
- I felt there should have been more history imparted. Interesting displays but would have liked more facts and back story. The video portions were really well done.Written 18 July 2023
- Wonderful large collection of military artefacts in particular WW2 and the effects on Darwin of a series of bombings. Entry includes a video version. Half of collection is indoors with a further selection in particular vehicles outside. Small onsite cafe and souvenirs. Stop on hop on hop off bus and tickets can be purchased on the bus. Definitely worth a visit whether it be learning about Darwin or an interest in military or experiences of warWritten 23 September 2023
- Parliament House is Australia's newest Parliament House and opened by Governor-general Bill Hayden on February 19, 1942. It was the old Post office and 10 people died in 1942 when bombed by the Japanese in August 1942 during World War 11, There is a plaque on the floor It is in 15 Mitchell Street. The NT Library is to the left and lets you print up to 20 pages free.Written 25 September 2023
- It was a step back in time to see this FANTASTIC collection of Vintage equipment and Cars. Many thanks to all the volunteers who keep it all safe clean.Written 5 October 2023
- This is in the old reserve Bank building in Bennett Street Darwin. It had a wealth of information-including maps, brochures, postcards and souvenirs. The man there was most helpful and gave me a map and timetable on how to get to the Quality Choice Hotel near the Darwin Airport It is a spacious building but tyhe only thing is no toilet, but there is one close by near the bus stationWritten 25 September 2023
- This is the main Catholic church in Darwin. It was the seat of the garrison of
the military chaplaincy for the Australia troops in Darwin. A bigger church was needed after the war and the present church was open on August 19, 1962. It is also open for viewing during the day.Written 26 September 2023
- An interesting collection highlighting the forgotten contribution that the Chinese made with the development of Darwin and the NT.Written 15 July 2023
- The Northern Territory Library is located in the Parliament building and not only has books, but some wonderful displays about Northern Territory culture and history. Also some fascinating historical films. Well worth a visit!Written 30 September 2023
- I easily could have spent a small fortune here, so many gorgeous arts and crafts. The talent of the artists is incredible. The staff were super knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Great care to help us package our large purchase so we could take it home with us on the plane. Also appreciated receiving printed info about the artist. Will definitely be purchasing from the online store tooWritten 4 June 2023
- Was the wet season and 2 of the restaurants are closed . However the weather is still balmy , warm and nice . Casino is very quiet . Perfect getaway if you want the place to yourself .Written 17 January 2023
- A wonderful collection of art something for everyone. Very knowledgeable and helpful, we came away with a woven pandanus mat. Lots of different styles and areas represented so glad we dropped in.Written 9 March 2022