63 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This museum has many interesting exhibits on Darwin's natural and human history. I enjoyed the megafauna and the Cyclone Tracy exhibits. The highlight for me had to be the Aboriginal art. Two of the galleries featured winners of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Awards. One gallery focused on this year's winners while another featured past winners. I was impressed by the diversity and quality of the artworks. You can spend several hours here.Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Head to the beach just before the sunset to see an amazing transformation of the sun. As it lowers it changes to a bright red giving a spectacular glow. It lingers long enough to take plenty of beautiful photosWritten 28 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fabulous spot with great facilities. Not crowded as lots of pools to swim in plus so close to Darwin. Don’t miss it!Written 29 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Room was amazing - view amazing - very comfortable accommodation - gift basket in the fridge was awesome (unexpected) - staff very friendly - highly recommend to anyone wanting a get-away but still close to restaurants / shops & activities - 10 out of 10 👏👏Written 29 October 2023
- Visited on Sunday 30th April, it was very busy being the first Sunday market this year. Great choice of food and drink, not as many market stalls as I was expecting.Written 16 June 2023
- this is a gem off the main tourist areas of Darwin. well worth a visit, plenty or fun for all ages of children, plenty of shade and play areas as well. room to have a picnic too.Written 31 July 2023
- Nice for a visit to wander around. Seems dogs are allowed here and can swim, which was nice.
Nice spot to visit had a cafe as well although we did not go to the cafe.Written 17 July 2023
- Visited on Monday 1st May. Stopped off there to check out the area, great views of the coastline looking back towards Darwin.Written 16 June 2023
- These markets were great - a much better proportion of food stalls to product stalls. Still a bit crowded but more manageable ( eg queues not as bad). Nice Vietnamese iced coffee, good food options. Would def go again. Mindil - I won’t.Written 16 July 2023
- Parliament House is Australia's newest Parliament House and opened by Governor-general Bill Hayden on February 19, 1942. It was the old Post office and 10 people died in 1942 when bombed by the Japanese in August 1942 during World War 11, There is a plaque on the floor It is in 15 Mitchell Street. The NT Library is to the left and lets you print up to 20 pages free.Written 25 September 2023
- It was a step back in time to see this FANTASTIC collection of Vintage equipment and Cars. Many thanks to all the volunteers who keep it all safe clean.Written 5 October 2023
- Lovely sunset location good food , reasonable prices no table service,but ordering was fast and accurate. Food to the table was prompt and live music.Very pleasurable experience.Written 14 April 2023
- This is a free attraction where you can pay a donation. You are greeted and given instructions to download the audio tour which brought the Gaol to life for a visitor. I think we spent about 1 - 1 1/2 hours there in the end listening to the audio tour, history and personal stories. Take your air phones!Written 20 June 2023
- July 2023. Beautiful park. Lots of different fish, turtles, and snakes to see. Great playground for children and nice water facilities, ie small dams for children to play in. Beautifully kept.Written 25 July 2023
- This is in the old reserve Bank building in Bennett Street Darwin. It had a wealth of information-including maps, brochures, postcards and souvenirs. The man there was most helpful and gave me a map and timetable on how to get to the Quality Choice Hotel near the Darwin Airport It is a spacious building but tyhe only thing is no toilet, but there is one close by near the bus stationWritten 25 September 2023