14 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Thankyou Isabella for making our very early trip (with a baby) to the airport this morning so pleasant. Your professional, helpful and courteous manner was very much appreciated….hope you got to have a sleep after!!Written 4 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- WE had booked a trip to Groote Eylandt, and this included flights with Chartair. All the staff at Chartair were lovely, and we were made to feel very special with a gift bag containing glass keep cups, pens and notepads and mints (they kindly minded these until we returned, as baggage is strictly monitored - one 12 kg checked bag and 2 kg carry on which must be small enough to fit in the seat pocket in front of you - I gaher you don't get much more with Air North, although the plane is significantly bigger). Megan also took photos of us with the plane. We ended up departing about 1.5 hours late. The Cessna 402 is a small plane, with only 8 seats, so you may end up being "copilot" - There is no toilet, and you are offered a selection of snacks and a bottle of water before takeoff, since there is also no flight attendant. Being small, the view from the plane is great if there are no clouds - and the route takes you over Kakadu, so the views were amazing. My only negative comments - the plane going over was pretty tired, and my seat was actually broken (and permanently reclining), and flights both ways were delayed (although we were on holidays, so it didn't matter).Written 5 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is no clear signage of where this is when you get out and pick up your luggage. It's a bit confusing where to get a ticket. But it's good value to get into Darwin CBD that costs less than a taxi.Written 29 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Easy to book through our accommodation. Turned up in 3 minutes. Unfortunately the driver did not know where to go. He had to look on my phone for directions and it took him 10 minutes longer than on a return trip through this company.
Very easy to use with messages of taxi plate and how long they will take to arrive. Even got a thank you message upon our return.Written 4 September 2023
- It is very strange that you cannot change money in Darwin Airport. If you arrive in Darwin on a Sunday, there is NOWHERE to change foreign currency.Written 13 November 2022
- Darryl provides an excellent private hire service. Arrived on time, clean car and great service.
Our flight was delayed due to rain and amazingly the driver that Darryl had sent was still waiting for us even after the delay AND did not charge any extra for the wait time.
Highly recommend!Written 3 February 2018
- The landscape is stunning and the reason for our tour. Mattia was full of knowledge with the local fauna and flora, history, culture, of not just the top end but the whole of NT, this made the tour really interesting and educational. It was so much fun to learn from Mattia. His easy and fascinating to listen.
We were able to amend our tour to suit how we were feeling in the moment, staying longer in some spots and changing direction with driving - everything felt so personal and professional. Many laughs with lots of comfort. Easy and refreshing vehicle to nap in during the longer driving sections. Very friendly and happy person. And very, very accommodating. Thank you Mattia at NT TOP ADVENTURES, we cant wait to return and for our family to tour with you.
P.s: Great playlists xxWritten 14 September 2023
- We engaged ATG Downunder to transport out staff to and from our work Christmas party. We had three separate coaches and three separate pick-up points with all coaches needing to arrive at the venue within minutes of each other. Everyone arrived on time and were treated with door-to-door service. The drivers were amazing, friendly, solutions focused and ensured everyone had a good time. The office staff were extremely responsive and adaptable, it was a breeze locking in our requirements.Written 5 December 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Darwin
- These experiences are best for taxis & shuttles in Darwin:
- PRIVATE AIRPORT TRANSFER Darwin Airport & Darwin Hotels (oneway)
- Private Transfer from Darwin Airport (DRW) to Darwin Cruise Port
- Darwin Int Airport (DRW) to Darwin - Round-Trip Private Transfer
- Darwin Int Airport (DRW) to Darwin - Arrival Private Transfer
- Darwin to Darwin Int Airport (DRW) - Departure Private Transfer