6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This museum has many interesting exhibits on Darwin's natural and human history. I enjoyed the megafauna and the Cyclone Tracy exhibits. The highlight for me had to be the Aboriginal art. Two of the galleries featured winners of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art Awards. One gallery focused on this year's winners while another featured past winners. I was impressed by the diversity and quality of the artworks. You can spend several hours here.Written 1 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I felt there should have been more history imparted. Interesting displays but would have liked more facts and back story. The video portions were really well done.Written 18 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a step back in time to see this FANTASTIC collection of Vintage equipment and Cars. Many thanks to all the volunteers who keep it all safe clean.Written 5 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An interesting collection highlighting the forgotten contribution that the Chinese made with the development of Darwin and the NT.Written 15 July 2023
- Visited on Tuesday 2nd May. Made a point of stopping to see Burnett House, it part of the heritage area in Darwin, on display are 4 houses which survived the Bombing of Darwin and Cyclone Tracy.Written 16 June 2023
- This House is a museum and is National Trust classified. It was closed when I went there as not open too many hours.Written 25 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Darwin
- These are the best places for kid-friendly speciality museums in Darwin:See more speciality museums for children in Darwin on Tripadvisor