15 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- I easily could have spent a small fortune here, so many gorgeous arts and crafts. The talent of the artists is incredible. The staff were super knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Great care to help us package our large purchase so we could take it home with us on the plane. Also appreciated receiving printed info about the artist. Will definitely be purchasing from the online store tooWritten 4 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful collection of art something for everyone. Very knowledgeable and helpful, we came away with a woven pandanus mat. Lots of different styles and areas represented so glad we dropped in.Written 9 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Matt was absolute professional. Made the whole process so easy. Acquired 2 beautiful works. No hesitation in recommending him to anyone interested in purchasing exceptional and ethically sourced artworksWritten 13 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here by accident and ended up buying quite a few things! A very fine gallery and shop for aboriginal art. Sorry we won't be back in Darwin anytime soon to do some more chopping!Written 3 August 2023
- Food here was fantastic. All local Australian flavours. Food took a little while to come out but was tasty when it arrived. Poached eggs were a little over cooked but the flavours in the avocado bruschetta more than made up for it.Written 3 May 2023
- Having seen this gallery mentioned on Facebook I felt had to come and see for myself
Every piece of work I wanted
Better yet it feels relaxed and no pressure to buy.
Loved the fact that artists paint both on and off site and come and go to suit themselves
It added authenticity to me to see the artists at work and I was also lucky enough to see an artist bring a piece of work in.
If you’re in Darwin it’s easy to find and close to the city centre.
Travelling on a budget, the prices were better than expected.Written 13 June 2023
- We were staying nearby so dropped in for a look. Some very impressive artists. Paul was very helpful and emailed us a catalogue after we had to return to Brisbane. Will be going back next time we're in town. Thanks Paul.Written 26 July 2017
- A fantastic gallery filled with vibrant & great art. Paul’s story as drpicted on the wall & in a pamphlet made his photographic journey come to life. Such beautiful work, just wish I had a few more walls!!Written 28 July 2022
- great place to get an art fix in parap. another reason to visit one of my fav suburbs in darwin. they are always bringing new displaysWritten 28 January 2017
- Upstairs in Mitchell St but well worth the visit. A large collection of indigenous art at very reasonable prices. We went in to browse and bought two pieces. I am very pleased with the artwork I bought of Ronald King from Katherine. They also printed out a photo sheet of the work and artist.
😊Written 9 September 2022
- This is a review of the bookstore and Chinese Garden. My husband collects university shirts and was able to find both a T shirt and golf shirt for reasonable prices. As for the Chinese Garden, it was looking a little rough, but October is probably not peak season for it. That said, it was a 15 minute visit and provided a few nice photo oops.Written 7 October 2022
- This is a gallery with a modest amount of space and an even smaller space for local art work on sale. However, it's great benefit is that it's just next door to the Art Gallery/Museum so if you going there, it's worth calling to Tactile Arts.Written 14 November 2022