46 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 46
What travellers are saying
- Visited on Sunday 30th April, it was very busy being the first Sunday market this year. Great choice of food and drink, not as many market stalls as I was expecting.Written 16 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- These markets were great - a much better proportion of food stalls to product stalls. Still a bit crowded but more manageable ( eg queues not as bad). Nice Vietnamese iced coffee, good food options. Would def go again. Mindil - I won’t.Written 16 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was definitely an experience. I don’t think the market was in full flow due to the rain. Lots of interesting people and food I’ve not seen before. I bought some fruit to try and a laksa that was delicious.Written 3 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I easily could have spent a small fortune here, so many gorgeous arts and crafts. The talent of the artists is incredible. The staff were super knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Great care to help us package our large purchase so we could take it home with us on the plane. Also appreciated receiving printed info about the artist. Will definitely be purchasing from the online store tooWritten 4 June 2023
- A wonderful collection of art something for everyone. Very knowledgeable and helpful, we came away with a woven pandanus mat. Lots of different styles and areas represented so glad we dropped in.Written 9 March 2022
- Matt was absolute professional. Made the whole process so easy. Acquired 2 beautiful works. No hesitation in recommending him to anyone interested in purchasing exceptional and ethically sourced artworksWritten 13 November 2020
- I really enjoyed this market. More stalls than Mindil and a good variety of handmade, imported and food/drinks. There are First Nations busking and several stalls with First Nations handmade items.Written 8 October 2023
- We stopped here by accident and ended up buying quite a few things! A very fine gallery and shop for aboriginal art. Sorry we won't be back in Darwin anytime soon to do some more chopping!Written 3 August 2023
- This small farmers market at the north of Darwin Airport is a good place to eat. You can reach it by bus, and of course easier by car. It is a pleasant way to spent the evening. Much smaller than Mindil Beach Market, but enjoyable to. I think its only on Saturday,Written 25 July 2018
- Food here was fantastic. All local Australian flavours. Food took a little while to come out but was tasty when it arrived. Poached eggs were a little over cooked but the flavours in the avocado bruschetta more than made up for it.Written 3 May 2023
- Having seen this gallery mentioned on Facebook I felt had to come and see for myself
Every piece of work I wanted
Better yet it feels relaxed and no pressure to buy.
Loved the fact that artists paint both on and off site and come and go to suit themselves
It added authenticity to me to see the artists at work and I was also lucky enough to see an artist bring a piece of work in.
If you’re in Darwin it’s easy to find and close to the city centre.
Travelling on a budget, the prices were better than expected.Written 13 June 2023
- We were staying nearby so dropped in for a look. Some very impressive artists. Paul was very helpful and emailed us a catalogue after we had to return to Brisbane. Will be going back next time we're in town. Thanks Paul.Written 26 July 2017
- Useful shopping centre which is open on Sunday. Note that it straddles the highway. Coles on one side, Woolworths on the other. There is also a Kmart which we haven’t seen in Canada for years.Written 7 October 2022
- Typical mix of shops and restaurants in an open-air, walk-through setting. I had to go there to find an eyeglasses shop for an emergency repair to my glasses and was given very kind help from a wonderful staff at the OPSM shop. She went out of her way to repair my glasses and didn't charge me for her efforts.Written 28 September 2023
- A fantastic gallery filled with vibrant & great art. Paul’s story as drpicted on the wall & in a pamphlet made his photographic journey come to life. Such beautiful work, just wish I had a few more walls!!Written 28 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Darwin