18 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful and mesmerizing lighting shows across the waterfront of Sydney. Best is the Sydney Opera House with different lightings. Rather cold weather since this is always happening during winter but worth it. Come early at 6.30PM to witness all the Vivid colors.Written 11 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Impressive modern production — worth seeing even if you are not an opera aficionado as the setting is unique. Sets on barges, cranes moving scenery, orchestra behind the hill. The setting is incredible with views of harbor bridge and opera house. We got drenched walking from opera house when it rained unexpectedly, and there are no covered dinng options except for the very pricey one, so go
In good weather, or have dinner before visiting. That said, if the weather is fine the adjoining botanical garden is fantastic!Written 3 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I’m fortunate to have completed 3 City2Surfs in Sydney, and it is the original and best one to complete.
14km course from the city to Bondi Beach, there’s great entertainment along the way and the views and experience are amazing. And heartbreak hill is renowned for being tough.
Absolutely must do and time your visit for August to participate. Also don’t forget to book it in advance, as they may limit numbers on the number of participants.Written 22 March 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great venue for music concert on the Carhill Express overlooking Sydney's Circular Quay. Good variety of bands. Nice atmosphere despite low numbers of people due to covid. Projection of stage onto one of the buildings across the street was interesting concept. Highlight was at 10pm with 15 minute sky spectacular of 500 drones lighting the sky and manoeuvring to create various pictures .. cockatoo moving its wings, fish swimming and surfer riding the wave were my favourites. Not sure if this was the 1st year for Sydney's Elevate Festival but I will return next year.Written 6 January 2022
- We are Sydney sliders, so attend the Maori gras every year. The year of 2021 was slightly different though as it was in the SCG (Sydney cricket ground to non sport folk). Atmosphere there was a bit flat, and probably a bit more for the tv cameras, so we can’t wait for it to go back onto the streets next year.Written 9 May 2021
- I had a wonderful time on my bridge run this year. Especially the bridge part was very emotional for me and I loved it. I just heard about it when I arrived in Sydney and registered myself very spontaneously. It was not really cheap, compared with other 10 km runs I did in Europe. But it was definitely worth, even when I expected more for my starting fee. A free finisher shirt and a bit more than just water in the runners heaven after the finish line for example.Written 22 September 2019
- Wonderful work Taronga Park Zoo in the final performance of 2023 -
Kasey Chambers and crew was fantastic.
Kasey is a true inspiration to all with many life experiences with people. Cheers to the band and the support act. It’s been some years since we last saw any artist of many different styles.
Definitely saved the best performance to the finale 👏👏
Congratulations Taronga Park Zoo, great job on the services of beverages and food arrangements.
Certainly a great place to visit and enjoy the atmosphere of the zoo.Written 12 March 2023
- Shared an experience in Kensington Street , in Chippendale away from Chinatown itself, but it was still fun. Lots of colour and people (and a special pets parade) and it was certainly a momentous and fun night.Written 25 February 2018
- This is a terrific event with a wide range of sessions to suit everyone. There are a mix of free and ticketed events. It's best to plan ahead by booking tickets online.
Walsh Bay is an excellent precinct in which to hold the festival with all the venues a short distance from each other. The harbour views and old wharves provide added atmosphere.
Plenty of places to grab a bite or a coffee. Several parking stations within a few minutes walk. Festival staff in abundance to answer questions and manage the queues. The Ros Packer Theatre was particularly crowded as people queued for the next session to being. Perhaps not the ideal place to be selling books.
Combined with the Vivid festival, this is a brilliant way to showcase Sydney.Written 28 May 2017
- My wife and i went to see the Tattoo in October 2019 at the Olympic Stadium.
I regually watch it on the TV and find the Tattoo great entertainment. We booked Platinum seating as i had a feeling that the compactness of the Tattoo was not going to be the same as the show held in the actual Edinburgh Castle. My feelings were correct as the show at Sydney was very disappointing and nothing remotely like what i thought it would be. The whole pitch was used for the individual bands which created a performance area far bigger than the Edinburgh Castle area, The people performing were very small and just too far away. i had mixed feelings about the supporting acts to the Scottish Pipes and drum bands. Some were excellent, others not so much. I wouldn't go to see this show again unless it was at Edinburgh Castle or a similar sized venueWritten 12 November 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the best places for groups seeking events in Sydney:See more events for groups in Sydney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly events in Sydney:See more budget-friendly events in Sydney on Tripadvisor