38 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 38
What travellers are saying
- We took ferry from Circular Quay, one way ticket is AUD 10. The ride is about 20min. Its very scenic and comfortable journey and you are passing the Opera house so also great views. In Manly station there is an information center with super friendly staff who will explain anything you need. Its also easy to find your own way to Manly beach. We walked to Manly Wormhole which is about 20min walk one way. Its a small cave at the end of the beach with stunning views and peace vibes. The beach is great for surfing or other sports activities.Written 1 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took the train and bus to Bondi - head for the beach at Bondi, when we visit Sydney. Beach, glistening ocean still draws the crowds, the life-saver statue is a reminder, though, of caution. The Bondi Pavilion has been updated and has undergone an amazing transformation. Not been to Sydney in a long time, we'll come again soon. (I have gait/walking challenges (stroke), wear a legbrace.)Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really nice clean beach. Loved the gas bbq located right beside the beach. Lots of nice restaurants and amenities nearby. Would go backWritten 24 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best place for snorkeling. Various fish. You can see the blue grouper.
I will visit again during my trip to Sydney. Fun memories.Written 26 February 2023
- A short bus ride from Manly Wharf, you will find a memorial to the great Duke Kahanamoku, who introduced surfing to Australia over 100 years ago. On a sunny and warm winter day the beach and water looked inviting and the surfing looked good. The village is along the bus line, with plenty of options for a bite to eat.Written 1 August 2023
- I loved this complex. There aren't separate entries in Tripadvisor but the Woollahra Gallery at Redleaf, the gardens and Murray Rose (Redleaf Pool) on Seven Shillings Beach were a lovely visit. You can access it via the elevator at Woollahra Gallery at Redleaf (free, open to 5 pm, with really nice staff) or walk down via the gardens.
At the pool itself there are good facilities with a café (open till 4pm), toilets, changing rooms, seating with interesting artwork and a semicircular ocean pool against the backdrop of boats. It made me regret not bringing my bathers.Written 1 June 2023
- A nice beach. Go early or avoid during public holidays. Cafes and places to sit along the way if needed. Not as popular as Cronulla but that's a good thing.Written 5 July 2023
- Great place to go with family
There are big waves, surfeurs, and lovely spots to seat on the grass or a table to enjoy a lotWritten 4 March 2023
- This beach is just a short walk away from the Watsons Bay ferry wharf. Even in the winter, it looked great. I’d imagine it would be very busy during the summer. There’s a great little kiosk in the corner, selling drinks and snacks. I look forward to returning in the summerWritten 15 July 2022
- Quite a large beach right next to the shopping centre. A large popular rockpool can be found at the southern end of this beach with some basic amenities. More amenities can be found at the surf club and main car park. Popular beach for swimming, surfing, walking or just taking in the view. Close to shops and food outlets.Written 7 July 2020
- Lady Bay is a small sandy alcove , a number of rocks and a few bare male bodies on a sunny day (in winter) below a naval station that occupies most of the land. It opened up to baring all in 1976 and even on a winter's day there were some clowns with their gear off making photography difficult.Written 29 June 2022
- 45 mins cruise ride away from Sydney CBD but a lovely small island with best view of Sydney Harbour Bridge, Opera house & Sydney skyline. Worth visiting for a small picnic and great place for snorkeling if interested.Written 16 February 2018
- Parsley Bay is one of the hidden gems of Sydney harbour: a small inlet with a gently shelving beach and pleasant lawn adjacent to the beach. Although parking and access are somewhat difficult, it's worth the effort to see this lovely bay, its interesting suspension bridge and the surrounding opulent area.Written 30 October 2022
- The views are pretty spectacular as are the rock formations. Even when the weather is not the best it is still a nice place for a wander. Lots of park benches along the way or even a dip in an ocean pool, but only on a calm day.Written 15 December 2022
- This is a small beach as you approach Rose Bay and part of the Hermitage Trail and worth a visit.. It has clean sand and good water and a great view of the city.Written 17 September 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the most romantic places for beaches in Sydney:See more romantic beaches in Sydney on Tripadvisor