20 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fascinating tour! Explore the inner workings of the fish market, view varieties of fish up close, watch the live auction and learn about the history and evolution of the Australian fishing industry. I highly recommend this experience!Written 12 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- By far the best fishing charter we have ever been on. Adam and Mick were professional, knowledgeable and extremely entertaining. They start with a safety briefing, they provide continued assistance and instructions while we fished. They shared their extensive knowledge of the types of fish we caught and cleaned and preped our fish to take home.
The boat is beautiful and extremely clean with a flush bathroom on board. Comfortable and has ample seating with spots to fish in the either the sunshine or shade.
It is clear these two have a passion for fishing. We are so happy we had the opportunity to fish with them!Written 9 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we had a company Christmas Party on Saturday night and had a fantastic time.
Crew was amazing with excellent service, cheerful and helpful. Boat was spotless and the catering was delicious. Will definitely recommend Motor Yacht Charters Sydney for an excellent experience and service.Written 13 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hans and his crew were friendly and very knowledgeable and the cruiser was top-notch. We had a great time, despite some heavy rain right towards the end. Highly recommend them. Cheers, PJWritten 14 December 2018
- We booked our Christmas Party with Melanie at Sydney Harbour Exclusive. We had great service throughout the booking process and post the event.
Our boat and the crew were amazing and very attentive.
We had a few last minute changes/requests and these were never an issue.
I would definitely book again. Service and product were exceptional. Quite a few members of staff stated that it was the best Christmas party they have been to.Written 21 December 2020
- Unfortunately, the weather gods were not kind to us, and we had to stay in the harbour rather than off-shore, but that didn't stop the fun. The guys certainly know their fishing and were keen to pass on their knowledge. Boat was a bit tired, the equipment (rods etc) were first class.Written 3 April 2018
- A great day out and the only fishing charter I have gone on where we all caught great fish. Snapper, flathead and morwong a plenty.
Worth the money and really friendly team.Written 30 June 2021
- Had a brilliant experience. Although it was choppy we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Donovan was always there to help us out and shared his knowledge of fishing which really helped!
It's safe to say we will eat well tonight.
Thanks guys!Written 20 August 2015
- After reading reviews i think maybe my Husband and son's may have gotten on the wrong boat this Saturday. They turned up for a charter Captain John was a pig and just outright rude. Before they even boarded the boat had the whole charter offside barking orders and treating them all like children. Didn't get any better throughout the day. The boat was old and slow and the fishing gear was antique not to mention the undersized fish that Captain John kept. Took an instant dislike to 1 of my sons who has been fishing since he was a child even asking at him at one point did he want an injection? I think the highlight of the day had to be when Damien the deckie washed his hands in the toilet then proceeded to cut up a nannygai for sashimi so everyone on the boat could try it. Might be time for Captain John to give up his day job. $200 per person don't waste your money go somewhere else.Written 4 December 2022
- Last Saturday did a works harbour cruise with about 100 odd people, weather was great and smoke haze was nearly non existance for the day which made visability great.
The food and drinks were very good and lasted for the four hour cruise , the vessel kept pretty close to all the shore lines around Botanical Gardens , Finger wharf , Rushcutters Bay,Watsons bay , accross the heads towards Manly then headed back towards the Mosman ,Lavender Bay, Luna park area before dropping us off at the Commissioners Steps from where we started.
Enjoyed the compay ad the cruisead would recommend it to visitors to Sydey to get a differet prospective of our great city.Written 20 December 2019
- Jason and Aisha were amazing. We had a wonderful day. The dives were absolutely memorable, with grey Nurse sharks, a cute cuttlefish, banded shrimps, a sponge gardens & many giant schools of fish. Everything was well organised. The diving equipment was top-level.
We would go back with him for other dives around Sydney for sure.Written 26 March 2023
- I purchased three vouchers though CUDO as a gift for three male members of the family to be able to enjoy time together and to learn and experience the joys of fishing with professionals to have a five hour game fishing experience. Sadly the experience they reported back was one of being underwhelmed. They were not provided any instruction as novices in this area and were left to their own devices, and there were not enough fishing rods available for all participants to fish at the one time. They were not advised of the availability of drinks which was only found out when another passenger found where the drinks were located. The feedback was that the staff on board appeared to be disinterested. My recommendation is to read the reviews on Tripadvisor before purchasing deals on CUDO, just because it is on CUDO does not ensure the quality one receives. This was not value for money and was a disappointment as an experience.Written 28 March 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the best places for groups seeking fishing charters & tours in Sydney:See more fishing charters & tours for groups in Sydney on Tripadvisor