11 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Sydney is NOT a cheap place. But this ferry system was cheap, clean, fun and efficient. My pick would be to take the ferry out to Mannly beach. Great beach and great trip.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 25 years since the last time I took it. It didn’t disappoint. The weather was gorgeous, the sea was calm we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine and virwsWritten 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the ideal package as it allowed us a rapid trip to Manley on the first day where we spent a very pleasant afternoon. These ferries run every 20 minutes so there was virtually no wait when we wanted to return. The following day the same ticket allowed us to do the 2 hour round trip which in addition to Manley gave us additional hop off and on places, zoo, Watson Bay Quarentine Bay and Darling Harbour. Best of all as senior citizans we only had to pay $35 for the ticket. There was a little commentary but it was not that type of cruise. Other more expensive trips may be better suited for that type.Written 12 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A friend who visited Sydney told me about the outlet store and where I could get an amazing deal on training gear.
She had family take her and I had to figure out how to do it from centre city.
That is when I came across Shopper Hopper. They would ferry you there and return you back to either Circular Quay or Darling Harbour.
By booking online, I was able to get a return ferry ride for AUS$20.
I could have caught the bus but I would need to pay attention. Plus with the heat and potential bags of things I would purchase, paying a few more dollars seem fine.
They pick you up from Jetty one on Circular Quay. This is generally about 2-5 mins walk towards the Sydney Opera House after getting off at Circular Quay station. It's the only jetty on this side of the harbour pass all the wharfs and ferries.
The generally have several pick up times starting at 10am from Circular Quay.
The two persons crew were welcoming and friendly. It was a gorgeous day and we got to see both the beautiful houses, Sydney Opera House, go under the Harbour Bridge and see the racing catamaran training on our way there and back.
Definitely an easy and relaxing way to get to Birkenhead Point where the outlet centre is.
Will definitely use them again when I return for some shopping.Written 21 February 2020
- This is a very busy area of Sydney. Apart from the ferry wharves there is Circular Quay railway station, which is directly above the wharves, and there are buses, trams, taxis and other modes of transport nearby as well. The famous Rocks area is only a few steps away. This part of the Harbour is the place to hop on a ferry and travel to several other parts of Sydney, or just go on a cruise. There are also many cafes, restaurants and Take Away food outlets to satisfy all tastes. And the views are absolutely fantastic. Worth a visit.Written 1 February 2021
- Ron was amazing, punctual and very professional. Arrived on time and knowledgeable about the harbour.
Would highly recommend him.Written 16 September 2023
- These are really charter boats for short distances, they need to be booked and cannot just be flagged down like a taxi. When we figured that out and called them, a boat was sent to our location quite quickly to pick us up. The service from the driver was fantastic, helping one of our older passengers to alight without issue. He also stopped the boat for a great photo. Not cheap though!Written 7 January 2020
- I relied on the ecohopper online timetable but it didn’t turn up at the Q station. Had to wait 45 minutes. The sign says to wave to ferry down which I did twice but it just skipped it. Be wary.Written 6 November 2018
- We used Water Taxis Combined for the service. I pre-booked and paid the trip online, so was aware the trip was expensive. I was told the trip was 15-20 minutes, but it took slightly longer than that. It is much faster than the River-cat service. The boat driver was most friendly and courteous and the trip very smooth.Written 20 July 2016
- What a magic way to start and end an evening on Sydney harbour. I had booked a restaurant for dinner for my husband's Birthday and I really wanted it to be memorable, so skipped the Uber and booked a water taxi instead to get us there and back. Lance was personable and prompt, making the entire process as seamless as possible. We are so fortunate to live in Sydney and having the opportunity to spend any time on the harbour is an absolute treat. Highly recommend!Written 22 November 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the best places for groups seeking ferries in Sydney:See more ferries for groups in Sydney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for ferries in Sydney:See more ferries for adrenaline seekers in Sydney on Tripadvisor