14 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This is a very walkable. as it doesn't seem to be a destination, for bikes, so peaceful enjoying the waterfront, it is especially lovely on a sunny day, also plenty of seating for a rest, also the the old navy cafe is worth a visit, as well.Written 1 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you can legally visit this venue during lockdown then your time will be well spent. Plenty of parking as well as an extensive kids playground area. The Kokoda Memorial walking track starts here and you get to enjoy the Parramatta River. Well worth the visit.Written 7 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A small, multi tiered park that also contains a couple of sculptures and a fountain, the Fitzroy Gardens is home to a local market on Saturdays.Written 11 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best park for young kids. We spent several hours on multiple days here. There’s several places to eat and a coffee stand right in the children’s playground for adults to sit and watch on the benches scattered throughout. Don’t be fooled, the scale up the rope and down the slide is fun for adults too! The closest stop is either Town Hall or Chinatown if you’re taking the light rail here. Close to Paddy’s Markets too.Written 19 July 2023
- This green space sits a couple of blocks north of King Street. There seems to be things for all age groups to do here. There is wide open grassed areas for people to let their dogs have a run. There are a number of park benches and a substantial enclosed childrens playground on the western side. Quite a few large, shady trees dotted around too.Written 23 September 2022
- Constellation Playground is a reasonably good area for children to have lots of fun, but also for parents and others to have a good time too. There is plenty for children to play with and there certainly is a lot of ground on which to run. Adults have also some really good spots to sit and relax and have a picnic or a BBQ, or even to walk around and may be run. The views are not so bad, if you can get them, as there are some obstructions in the way, but with a bit of effort you can have some lovely views. The Iron Cove bridge, over Parramatta River, is just metres away and there are other parks around as well.Written 19 December 2019
- I took my son on a saturday.
It was very stressful, and I saw many kids get hurt. I was not impressed and spoke to a few of the other mothers also that felt it was OVER capacity.
their needs to be more supervision from staff and less children in the place. Not a place for the adult to relax thats for sure!Written 27 November 2018
- Harbourview Park is an old and neglected area. It's about a hundred years old, most probably much older, but that is irrelevant really. We were passing by the area recently and stopped by for a bit. It is overrun by uncontrolled growth. You really would not want to go in there. There are areas where visitors are meant to sit and relax and for children to play. But it just did not look like a very welcoming place. As for the "harbour views".... well, there aren't any, not that we could find, anyway! I don't know why it has the name!Written 25 February 2020
- As for the playground, it's got a rocket, which is rare these days (they got rid of the tope pyramid, must have decided that was more dangerous). Otherwise it's a small basic playground. The rest of the park is good though, with well kept lawns and trees very popular for picnics, although unfortunately homeless have taken over a few of the prime spots.Written 18 September 2023