15 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great location for an evening stroll. Had the opportunity to have Easter lunch there too. Great atmosphere with many restaurants to choose from. Definitely worth the stroll.Written 29 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a nice area. It was best to go when you visit near circular quay. But for me, the shops were a little expensive and take care when choosing a restaurant. Some are just expensive tourist traps.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Chinatown Sydney, iconic Chinese inscribed gateway, some things haven't changed - haven't visited Sydney in a long time. Tram or walked, Market City, Paddy's Market: fresh vegs + fruit, souvenirs, clothing, yumcha, restaurants & more – great experience. (I have gait/walking challenges (stroke), wear a legbrace.)Written 27 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots of cool old buildings, shops, and pubs along this historic street of Sydney. Main artery of Sydney.Written 14 November 2023
- I'm not sure what areas the Sydney CBD encompasses but I'll assume its the area bounded by Dartling Harbour, The Rocks, Circular Quay, Botanic Gardens through Hyde Park and the Sydney Central Railway Station. Historic buildings, modern high-rise, transport services, monuments, museums, art galleries, the list goes on and all comes together to form a vibrant area in the city. We were lucky to enjoy the area over a seven day period and witness the throngs going about their respective interests, be it tourism, shopping, work or entertainment. Wonderful place to visit.Written 25 December 2022
- I end up at Cockle Bay at least once a year for my annual conference. On this occasion I took my wife in for dinner & drinks. Pretty easy to get to from either Town Hall or Wynard Stations as an easy 10 minute stroll or bus or car ! Or catch the light rail from Central & walk across ! Plenty of bars & restaurants to choose from , not overly expensive & fun to sit & people watch as you enjoy a drink or two. My pick is normally the Pontoon Bar but do a wander & enjoy several ? Or just stroll along the Harbour Front with the seagulls ?Written 9 January 2020
- Advertisements so bright and large you're taken to a sordid, dystopian nightmare. Landmark coca cola advertisement which is the only thing of character separating the concrete sky towers from depressive monotonyWritten 5 May 2023
- One of the many malls found along George Street . A mid size modern mall with a good mix of retail & dining. A decent size COLES supermarket adds to the attraction. Definitely one of the better mid range malls along George Street. Worth a visitWritten 3 September 2023
- Although the suburb is fearfully quiet and eerie this part of the suburb is splendid ....extremely opposite
The walk was refreshing and picturesqueWritten 7 August 2022
- A very nice, casual & walkable very long parallel street with tram lines running in the middle from Chinatown to Circular Quay stops. Lots of malls, shops, dining, even churches - along both sides of the street & within the intersections streets too ( include QVB).Written 3 September 2023
- This part of Campbell Street brings the Bangkok street markets to Sydney. A great selection of Thai restaurants as well as Thai grocery outlets for the expats and the cook at home lovers. Easy to navigate and well worth the visit.Written 29 March 2018
- I was in the area so thought I would see what the hype was about. There are some very fancy high rise buildings, restaurants, shops, and lots of concrete. It’s somewhere a little different to see just once.Written 10 June 2021
- Burwood Road is a very congested and busy thoroughfare in Burwood, New South Wales. It is always full of traffic and getting worse! The street is full of all types of shops, but the Westfield shopping Centre dominates the whole area. The lovely park along the road offers the chance for some respite from the noise of the traffic, but it is probably a little small, but a welcome presence. In more recent years Burwood has become much more congested with the increase in population and the construction of far too many multi-storey buildings. It is good for a day out if you have nothing better to do. Good for shopping.Written 8 January 2021
- This is a nice area that used to be the Olympic Athletes village during the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. Now a nice suburb tucked away off Parramatta Rd, there are a nice range of restaurants, cafes and bars as well a a small shopping mall.Written 19 April 2017
- High end boutique shopping to be had in salubrious surroundings, treelined with architecturally beautiful buildings, flavoursome coffee to be had, by the popular local cafes.Written 15 November 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the best places for couples seeking neighbourhoods in Sydney:See more neighbourhoods for couples in Sydney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking neighbourhoods in Sydney:See more neighbourhoods for groups in Sydney on Tripadvisor