37 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Lessons & Workshops • Educational sites
Central Business District
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 37
What travellers are saying
- I attended the Macro Photography workshop mentored by Brent and learnt a lot about technique and composition.
As someone very new to macro photography, the instruction from Brent was easy to understand and will form a great foundation for my personal macro photography sessions in future.
I highly recommend this workshop if you have any interest in macro photography at all. 10/10. Would do a workshop with Aperture Club again.Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Before joining Laura's class at Spanish Blackboard Academy, I was using language Apps to self-teach Spanish for several months with very little progress. On starting a course here I realised just how much I underestimated just how incredibly helpful a good teacher can be! Within several weeks my Spanish had improved dramatically, and I ended up staying in Laura's class for 2 years, progressing from A1.1 through to B2.3, and am about to start a C1 course in Colombia. I can now speak confidently with my partner and in-laws in Spanish and am so grateful to Laura for all her hard work and patience. She really has an incredible gift for teaching and an infectious energy that helps to bring anyone at any level out of their shell to give it a go without fear of judgement. The classes are always different, flexible, full of fun, interactive activities and are highly tailored for varying levels. Laura's method of teaching is really practical and follows a logical progression to get you speaking with confidence as quickly as possible.
The school was able to accommodate the shift to online learning during the pandemic with ease and we rarely felt we were missing out on anything during our online classes. They also provided great flexibility for those who lived further from the city.
The extra-curricular activities for the school are a fantastic bonus that you would never get with self-taught learning, including Spanish language picnics, group outings with games and topical conversational classes where you can practice with students outside your own level. These were a great way to meet people and to practice with our peers in a light-hearted environment,
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this as a language school for any level of Spanish. Muchas gracias Laura por todo!Written 19 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Let Nazli and the team help you to book a DIY or in class session, where you can make your own beautiful Turkish lamp.Nazli was fantastic to deal with, prompt and friendly. Super helpful and I got all my deliveries in a good time. I have purchased 7 “do it myself” packages and they are so easy to do and are beautiful piecesWritten 13 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very informative, not too stuffy, Jim and Laura knew their subject and delivered some very interesting new facts into a fun filled event. Good interesting selection of wine from France on this occasion, without the familiar sycophantic deference to all things French. Instead we were met with a well balanced assessment of their strengths. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would recommend to anybody interested in wine.Written 9 December 2020
- Sarah is very knowledgeable and shares her expertise & knowledge of photography in a fun and lighthearted manner. I would thoroughly recommend the iPhone photography course - my husband and I learnt a lot and feel more confident taking photos after Sarah’s course. Sarah creates a relaxed and friendly environment and provides hands on guidance during the session.Written 6 June 2023
- I was very happy with my experience of the Sea Safety and Survival at Sea course. Neil is a knowledgeable and approachable teacher. He helped to make the content relevant, interesting and memorable. Both the theory component and the practical activities were very useful. I highly recommend this course to anyone who sails on a regular basis, not just for those who are looking to go offshore. Even the most experienced sailors in the room noted that they had learnt valuable information. The MOB session at night time is a particularly good experience as it allows you to put theory into practice and also highlights just how important it is to keep yourself (and others) on board in the first place.
I don't know of any other training centre that provides this sort of training and I know that AABB run the MOB training as a seperate course as well so even if you aren't looking for the sea survival certification I would definitely recommend the MOB practical for all skippers and the family, friends or racing crew they sail with. I will certainly be approaching AABB when I want to do more training in the future.Written 7 September 2016
- We hired STS to run a 3 hour workshop at our school for 100 students during covid, as we couldn't come to them as a trip. They brought 10 staff and had 10 activities running at a time, meaning all the students were in small groups and were able to have many goes at everything. They did their own rigging in our gym, as they have a certified rigger, and brought all the equipment needed for the activities. The girls (and teachers) had an amazing time and I couldn't recommend them more highly!Written 18 October 2020
- Good ice, usually cut well enough to sort out the chasms cut by the hockey dudes! Brilliant skate shop run by Margaret who works miracles with skate fittings :) Good warm up and exercise facilities upstairs. Good warm cafeteria, but the toilets are cold, small and dingy and could use an upgrade. Staff can sometimes be missing in action when we are waiting at the window to pay and enter - need a doorbell !Written 20 August 2022
- Hi all, it’s such a delight to say honest and sincere things about the services and people we deal with as sometimes it just doesn’t happen. Well today I can say that Alfonso was an exception as he gave me a personal class that could not have been a more pleasurable experience. Not to mention I actually learnt things and have retained them. Anyway it’s time to start clicking away. GordonWritten 1 August 2023
- So much fun! We learnt how to make confetti filled balloons, Jay was a great teacher and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening, BYO wine was a plus and Bustle Studios is such a fab venue, very retro vintage. Will be returning, highly recommend.Written 16 January 2019
- I highly recommend the beginners sewing course. The beginners course takes participants through the basics of learning to thread their machine, choose stitches and adjust stitch length / width. The majority of participants are absolute beginners.
I first learnt to sew in high school. After six months of sewing, I put the sewing machine away and did not touch it for several decades! I went to Bobbin and Ink because I want to make clothes that fit me. My waist is wide and hips are narrow. Store bought (off the rack) clothes do not fit me well.
In the past twelve months, I completed four beginner sewing courses (6 weeks each), the “waste wear” workshop, the “stretch swimwear / activewear” workshop and the “caps and hats” workshop.
During these courses, I made two blouses, button front dress, invisible zippered dress, lined jacket, night dress (stretch fabric), hoodie, slippers, leggings and a tank top with built in crop top. I average making two garments in each course. I arrived knowing a bit more than the absolute beginner but not enough to follow a commercial pattern. I did not want to blunder through piles of expensive fabrics. With Susan’s supervision and advice, I learnt how to make mitred corners, sew princess seams, sew an invisible zipper, insert a side pocket, put lining in a jacket and remedy mistakes. Susan also advised me on how to modify sleeves that were too long on a store bought puffer jacket.
Susan is an excellent teacher. Knowledgeable, patient, friendly. Susan works hard to make sure each student knows what to do next. She does not hover over us like a bad smell. If we look like we need assistance, she will ask how we are going. Otherwise, we wait until she has finished helping someone to get her attention. This is how sewing classes worked when I was in high school: everyone has their own project. They work at their own pace. The teacher is always there if we need help with something. They are NOT there to do the cutting, tracing and stitching for us.
At the end of some sessions, I was invited to stay back to finish cutting my fabric. Whenever I stayed back, the children’s sewing class would begin. I observed Susan working from child to child non stop for two hours. Susan is equally comfortable working with children and adults. The works produced in the children’s class are exceptional. They make toys, hoodies, dresses, skirts.
The facilities are clean, spacious and well lit. If I forgot to bring something, I can find it in their shop. Their sewing products are high quality and reasonably priced. The other staff are always courteous and eager to help. They go above and beyond to achieve customer satisfaction.
I still have unused fabric in my stash. I look forward to using some of it in the “coats and jackets” and the “denim / workwear” workshops later this year.Written 16 April 2023
- Higher Jiu Jitsu has an awesome culture that is very welcoming to people traveling through Sydney and looking to train Gracie Jiu Jitsu. The gym is easy to get to from the CBD and has lots of class times.
Coach John is very welcoming and an awesome teacher who takes the time to explain the details and nuances of a technique. As an affiliate of Pedro Sauer there is a solid technical foundation and a structured curriculum that focuses on self-defence Gracie Jiu Jitsu.Written 29 January 2019
- I've sailed a lot in my life and after several years off the water I decided to do a refresher. Sailing J24's there was a mix of skills on the yacht of 3 to 4 students and one instructor. Really nice people at Pacific Sailing, however No lifejackets were offered and no safety talk was had over 4 lessons of their "Start Helming" course. Most students had completed a crewing course but had little grasp of the terminology or parts of the yacht. I found it a good refresher for me but I couldn't recommend it for novices wanting to learn about sailing. The post course promise of multiple sailing opportunities over 2 weeks resulted in one sail and one that had been cancelled when I showed up. PSS clearly has a lot of potential but I didn't see it.Written 5 January 2020
- Great introduction to complexity of crochet thanks Sophie.
Good cafe venue and a nice group who were friendly and keen to learn this skill.
Tuition was given generously and with patience.
I recommend this experience!Written 3 September 2018
- We decided to go for a ride on a short notice so I sent emails to 3 or 4 riding centers in Centennial Park. These guys were very prompt (and the only ones!) to reply and confirm a time slot.
The location of the Centennial Stables (hosting several riding centers) is extremely convenient, only 20' drive from the city center. Once we got there everything went on smoothly, in 15' my daughter and I were good to go, papers signed, helmets and booths, horses ready.
The horses were amazing, especially Winston, the kids' favorite as we were told, extremely calm and pleasant to ride.
The 1h tour around the park was great, we got to see the Australian bats flying during daylight, the black swans walking on the horse trail :), enjoyed a nice view of the city center buildings from the park, and were extremely lucky to end our tour just before the rain started :) The rain had us
Many thanks to Roberta for the tour and conversation!
Would definitely return if ever back in Sydney.Written 9 May 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These experiences are best for lessons & workshops in Sydney:
- Latino Dinner Cruise on Sydney Harbour
- See a Show: Live at the Sydney Opera House
- Magic Men Cabaret Show
- Virtual Reality Escape Room- Escape The Lost Pyramid (Assassins Creed Origins)
- Sydney Harbour BYO New Year's Eve Catamaran Cruise
- These are the best places for budget-friendly lessons & workshops in Sydney:See more budget-friendly lessons & workshops in Sydney on Tripadvisor