Food & Drink
10 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We completed our own brewery walk and this brewery was the last one. My husband liked the West Coast Hazy IPA and I had the apple cider. Both enjoyable. They have a nice area in the back for enjoying the beer with heat lamps.Written 19 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of our days in Sydney we chose to do our own tour of the microbreweries in Marrickville. This was our first stop and we really enjoyed the beer and atmosphere. We ended up returning before we headed home. My husband loved the Hazy IPA. I tried the lager with pea shoots and liked it but it became sour. Went with a plain lager and enjoyed it moreWritten 19 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great friendly atmosphere and very dog friendly. Wayward beer is excellent and they also have rotating guest beers and food trucks. Hard to fault. Love the place.Written 22 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great night here plenty of different beers to try and for those who don't like beer they have cider and wine. My husband and I enjoy going to breweries have been to so many aroud the world nice to try one in our home town. My husband is a fan of a black beer they had two on offer which enjoy both. Friendly staff great place for a few drinks.Written 26 July 2020
- Walked past as part of a small brewery trail in Marrickville, ordered a paddle (which I enjoyed) and then got a few Old Money takeaway's (which I enjoyed even more). I enjoyed the beers and will return for more...Written 8 January 2022
- Busy and lively venue with interesting menu and beers. Be prepared to wait awhile for food and queue for beer tastings but that’s okay on a lazy weekend afternoon. We liked the cauli cheese croquettes and basque cheesecake.Written 1 July 2023
- The range of own brewed beers is impressive and there are guest brews that seem to change regularly. The Cider was Pipsqueak last time and Willie Smiths yesterday.
One of the group prefers lager and the Crosswinds didn't disappoint, one preferred Freshwater Pale Ale, another good quaffing, session beer. Between us, we had most of the other limited brews, an IIIIPA at 12%, a dark Bock and other limited releases. Mosaic and the Bock were my favourites.
The things I like about the place is that there is a good rotation of beer styles, plenty of choice and someone likes brewing strong and very tasty beers - THANKS.
It's basically the same layout as most of the craft breweries that have sprung up: you are drinking in a warehouse next to the production area. That means that the industrial Aircon noise can be intrusive and masks one of the real joys here: the music.
One of the bar staff is a big music fan: specialising in early soul, blues and rock music. The curated playlist is full of obscure artists. Fortunately, Joy Division don't get played to bring the customers moods down - although he at least could remember their former front man's name. I blame the beer for my memory lapse. This man knows his music stuff though! Maybe they do get played at closing time: I don't know. The reason that I don't know is that we usually head off for a curry at the nearby "Dosa Hub".
If you are a craft beer fan, this brewery is an outlier: both in location and in the number of stronger than average brews (the ones I like). Unlike Marrickville where you can't move for craft breweries, Akasha at Five Dock is not going to be on any brewery crawl itineraries, you just have to savour it's products alone (or go for a curry afterwards to help justify the trip). There is, as usual, on site catering available: the menu photo shows what's left on a Sunday mid-afternoon.
Word of warning: the taproom is only taking bookings due to Covid restrictions. Saturday afternoon was sold out days before, We got in on Sunday at 2.30 when it was "Covid Packed" - i.e. half empty but the tables all taken. By 5 PM on a dreary Sunday afternoon though there was plenty of room - and quieter too so you could hear the music!Written 31 January 2021
- Loved the cocktails here. Cute vibe. New York feel. Service not great but not terrible either. Highly recommend & will go back soon.Written 13 December 2020
- I was travelling alone and stopped by for a beer at this great place. Although attached to the Rydges, it was a nice little bar in it's own right and had everything you need with an excellent selection of beers and good food.
The staff were friendly and the happy hour made the prices very attractive. A bar probably targeted more at the corporate market but would definitely visit again.Written 21 July 2019
- Friendly service and crowd. Had a really nice afternoon sampling the great range of beers and watching the world go by along Enmore Road. Highly recommended.Written 23 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney