28 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Hippo Co is a perfect hideout for a cold winters night in Canberra. After being in Canberra for almost 2 years I have finally found a whisky bar, not just another gin cocktail bar.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Delicious burgers and a great range of food. I always enjoy going here and playing the video games and stuff.Written 20 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mister bartender sir provided a excellent espresso martini when given cocktail tastes. He was very friendly and not at all depressed. PS he is named HamishWritten 6 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- nice spot to step inside and off the main street to find a hide away for non-pretentious, easy going fellow drinkers. The live music lineup looks great for our next visitWritten 2 January 2017
- Great setting. After busy days spent sight-seeing around Canberra, the Speaker's bar is a fabulous place to unwind with a couple of bevvys. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. Will be certain to visit this bar whenever I'm in Canberra.Written 13 September 2017
- Popular place. Saturday afternoon lots of ppl there. Nice log fires inside . Friendly bar staff. Food looked good. Burgers were big. Big outside area with small stage for music. A couple of other buildings for functionsWritten 31 October 2020
- I went there to see a band a few weeks back, i was very impressed with the renovations that have taken place. The place is looking more fresh and clean, had really great vibes about it. Can't wait to come back to Canberra again to another showWritten 16 April 2019
- Great times in 2006 with a hot woman. Muddle bar is now closed and it was the greatest setting off point in my life and the beginning of many adventures. Still so hot right now.Written 24 May 2022
- We don't normally hang out in this precinct but wandered by at lunchtime to find the 'Lamburger' special. Delicious, great chips (it's hard to find good chips in Canberra) and lovely atmosphere. Crockery and napkins are in tune with the decor, and all the tables have hangers for ladies handbags. I'm sure this place rocks late at night, but it's pleasant during the day too.Written 6 June 2015
- Joined the club which was a easy endeavour. Staying at the murcure. The service was fast and the Tucker was good. Prices were about what we are used to. This is not a Michelin star restaurant. I will be going back for another feed.Written 18 September 2023
- Live music while we eat. A nice pub with decent food offering. It does not have a lot of choices but enough for choice. Order your food at the pub and the food will arrive at your table.Written 7 April 2023
- Tiny bar, nice retro decor that's warm on a cold night
Lovely barman who was friendly and chatty
Great spot for a drink after work.
Excellent for a function - we had a group meet for a private event.
Meat and cheese platters good to share
Highly recommendedWritten 21 September 2019
- So four years after my initial review of 88mph, time for an update. It's become so popular that getting in on a Saturday night has become an issue. Get there too early and you'll be told there's a private function until 9pm. Get there after 10pm and there'll be a queue to get in. 11:30pm last Saturday and the queue was 25 metres long. Due to the capacity of the place, I doubt the people at the end of that queue got in much before 1am. The group that owns the place could surely relocate to a bigger site. Music is still good when it could be great. Not too many one hit wonders.Written 17 June 2021
- A smallish place but very cool. Good service from a knowledgable staff. Interesting cocktails. Decent beer and wine selection. Definitely a place I could chill in.Written 9 December 2015
- The chat was terrible, how dare this man question the narrative put forth by governments. they are in power and can never do any wrong, Dictator Dan is elected by the people. we are good and russia and china are bad, thats why we cannot question the narrative, or else they will get us. Thats why australia was unified to be a country.
I tried the fortune of wheel, i had to call up someone and do a chewbacca impersonation. Ridiculous! and everyone was laughing. (its not my fault! chewbacca is hard to imitate) i complained and the sign said NO P.C. zone, and was told that i had to learn how to deal with criticism because thats what adults do. RUDE!, its 2021 and feelings are more important than facts, Not the other way round! the operator, or more like a primary school dropout told me that he is trying to bring the fun back to hospitality because nobody is fun and everybody is so serious. We are born that way!!!! I Then tried the other featured menu item, known as Russian Roulette, with a cap gun. He immediately changed his accent to a terrible russian accent. and told me if i lose i get novichok. He said "dont worry, its not perfume, only in underpants, you live", then started laughing. thanks god i didnt lose. Much to my surprise, the craft beer selection was better than anywhere in the city. How did such a man with such bad english manage to get amazing craft beers from all around the world. his maple vodka was unbeatable, and polish inspired vodka shots reminded me of my trips to krakow.
he was spruiking actively and used the catch phrase "all the cool kids are doing it" and tried to make me tell them that im cool, by saying "quick tell them that you are cool" the people laughed and kept walking. I am Cool!!
if you are in canberra, you must go here, so you can see what im talking about!Written 15 June 2021