Popular things to do
- 4WD Tours
- Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Historical Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Walking Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Special Offers
- Yoga Classes
- Shopping Tours
- Theme Parks
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Top Attractions in Puerto Morelos
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Wife and I had a terrific time snorkeling at the reef in Puerto Morelos MX.
Hired some locals who make trips all day long.
Very affordable and safe.Written 23 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My friend and I had some time to kill between our resort check-out and our flight out of the Cancun airport. We decided to stop by he Tequila Factory and it was one of the *best* things we did! It was a slow time of day so we got lots of personalized attention and tasted some truly great tequilas and mezcals while being taught about them by an expert.
We each ended up buying several bottles, but there was no pushing to buy -- the tasting did that on its own! Really looking forward to sharing these (or not...) back home.
I fully plan to come back and bring friends and family with me. This is going to become an absolute must-do from now on.Written 30 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My husband and I enjoyed the underground cenote at Kin-ha! Upon arriving, they offered us a package deal to see 2 cenotes, but we opted for just the underground one. We loved getting to set our own pace and just enjoy the beauty of the cenote. We were the only ones there for about 20 minutes which was magical! The photo policy here is very confusing and changes depending on who you ask. We ended up going back to get our phone and take lots of photos and no one seemed to have a problem with it. We didn’t eat or do any other adventures here. I can only speak for our experience and we had a lovely time! We found our guide to be friendly and helpful. The cenote is BEAUTIFUL!Written 3 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went 2 days ago. Saw spider monkeys (6 during the walk) and iguanas and enjoyed wandering around for 1-2 hours..but sadly we found the swing bridge closed for repairs which was a shame. The small metal tower is still open however, so you can climb there to look out across the mangroves to Puerto Moralos instead.Written 17 December 2021
- We had a memorial ceremony for my fiance on what would have been our wedding day and it was absolutely magical and beautiful at Los Buhos Cenote.Written 25 August 2021
- For $132 Canadian, I got to interact with the dolphins, pet them, and hold their fins and let them pull me for about 20 seconds; I also learnt a lot about these wonderful creatures! Thai has always been on my bucket list and I was thrilled to have done it. The guides are friendly and knowledgeable.
1. There are lockers in which you can store your belongings.
2. The 15-minute briefing is simply a video you sit and watch.
3. I was with a couple and family of 4.
4. A lot of the time is spent posing for professional photos — you are not allowed to bring your own camera; although a good camera with a zoom can capture the view from the sidelines. Having read about the cost of these photos, I simply bolted immediately after the swim so as not to be harassed.
5. It’s a safe experience… fun for all ages!Written 23 May 2022
- Good for souvenirs. Lots of little shops with brackets and cheap stuff. The supermarket in the middle was some stuff also. A few restaurants and bars . Lots of snorkelling and diving places . Probable better value than in the hotels . Our hotel had a market one evening with MUCH inflated prices for the same stuff you can get for a fraction of the price, found a shop on the corner opposite supermarket, not pushy at all and a real nice couple running it.Written 9 August 2022
- Spent a few hours in Puerto Morelos and walked along the beach. Nice hot sun and sand. Locals were friendly and did not push when told politely that we were not interested. Kids can have fun with just water and sand!
The Sargassum is an ongoing issue, however the local folks work very hard to keep the area clean and deserve a huge thanks.Written 14 June 2022
- Great excursions and our tour guide Maurie was excellent! Priced right would definitely recommended. Zip-lining and ATV’s super fun.Written 21 July 2022
- The Puerto Morelos basilica is the center piece of the local Pto Morelos community Is just behind the square Births , deaths , great place for tourist weddings Regular church services. On fast days you will parades of Puerto Morelos residents marching behind a banner to the churchWritten 16 May 2022
- Great little brewery making beer you can’t find on the resorts. We took the tour and loved it. They only charged us $60 for 2 flights, tours and about a dozen pints. Highly recommend!Written 5 August 2022
- Fantastic experience! From beginning to end we were treated as if we were the most important people in the world. Snorkeling was excellent and we couldn’t ask for better service. Lunch afterwards was more of the same great service, food was excellent as were the margaritas we were served. Cannot recommend The Kay Club highly enough, absolutely top rate!Written 29 February 2020
- We took our first birding tour ever while visiting Puerto Morelos last Saturday with Karime Unda of Attila Birding Tours. During the tour we saw 34 species thanks to the good eyes and ears of Karime. She is working on her PhD with a specialty in raptors, and is a very pleasant, knowledgeable, and friendly guide. She picked us up at 6:15am we drove about 20 minutes to Reserva Toh where she led us down two track paths and pointed out birds along the way. Often she would hear a bird and call to it (using eBird) to better locate it. She then took us to another location where we spotted a Toucan, and a number of Black Headed Trogon and Turquoise-browed Motmot. She returned us to our villa just before noon. It was a great experience and I'd highly recommend it. Karmine has a Facebook account for Attilla Birding Tours, or if like me you don't use Facebook, she can be contacted
via text message at: +52 951 227 4530 or
email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWritten 26 April 2022
- This is a very wonky lighthouse on a gorgeous beach, well worth a photo opportunity. If you walk down the pier next to the lighthouse you might see some large rays like we didWritten 27 April 2022
- took a one day trip to this place , nice to see nature can do. kind of limited activity you can do at this placeWritten 8 October 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Puerto Morelos
- The best day trips from Puerto Morelos according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- ATV Circuit in Cancun, Horseback Riding, Zip Lines, Cenote Swim, Lunch
- Horseback riding in Cancun, ATV, zip lines, cenote, lunch, drinks and transfer
- ATV Tour, Zip Lines, Horseback Riding, Cenote Swim and Tequila Tasting
- Horseback Riding in Cancún with ATV, ziplines,cenote, lunch & transfer included
- Holbox Island Day Trip and Safari with Lunch From Playa del Carmen