Top Attractions in Mesen
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Great and thoughtful place and able to walk through to NZ Messines Memorial from this site. Great views across to Hill 63.Written 6 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The day we visited Messines Ridge there was a howling gale and intermittent pouring rain. Not good for sightseeing, you might think? On the contrary, it provided an authentic firsthand taste of what it must have been like for soldiers, fighting and trying to survive in the quagmire battlefields around Ypres. This is an important site and there is still plenty of evidence of the terrific series of mine explosions which blew vast craters across the countryside. So powerful were they that the tremors were felt as far away as London. As you survey the sweep of the land around here, it is not hard to imagine the opposing forces ranged against each other, laying waste to the landscape with a rain of shellsWritten 24 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went to visit my great great Uncles grave. It is a beautiful setting, really well maintained with lovely roses.Written 28 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited the New Zealand memorial and tried to imagine how it had been for those fighting there so long ago. It was good to have the information on site of where the different locations and troops of the battle were. A real peaceful setting now and fitting memorial to those brave soldiers.Written 9 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Mesen
- The best day trips from Mesen according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- From Ypres, The Christmas Truce to Passchendaele Ypres Based WW1 private tour
- Fromelles and Ypres Day Tour from Arras and Lille
- Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Fromelles and Flanders from Lille
- From Arras, The Christmas Truce to Passchendaele Ypres 1 day WW1 private tour
- Private New Zealand Battlefield Tour in Flanders from Bruges