Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- It was stunning, glorious and pretty..a great place to spend a hot day..or just to reflect..quiet unique and underrated..and steeped in history.Written 22 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great park for the kids to speak an afternoon and burn off some energy.
Plenty of things for all ages and multiple equipment to keep them entertained.Written 30 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a brilliant little community facility! Some nice, well-lit spaces, a good cafe and some sculptures in the garden. The two exhibitions when we visited were both brilliant focussing in entirely different ways on urban architecture. With the amazing Ian Strange exhibition make sure that you watch the video which explains how the artworks were created - not digital art or computer-enhanced but all real. Fascinating and interesting. Highly recommended.Written 30 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The lake has been awesome the last few days. So flat with a beautiful autumn sun. Almost too perfect...except we also caught fish. Magic timesWritten 24 April 2021
- I would like to thank Sarah and her team for opening the house to the" Illawarra Outdoor Club". The location is beautiful and the team very knowledgeable and only too happy to answer all our questions about William, his life, and wonderful paintings . Great place for tour groups or just to wander in by yourself. Can't recommend it highly enough.Written 12 February 2023
- Went there with my kids. Good place to walk on low tides - good discovery of tiny crabs. Dogs could play as well.
Very scenic to take photosWritten 9 May 2021
- What a stunning Np this area is. We recently busted parts of the Watagans with a family member... thank goodness he had a 4WD although we did see “ regular” sedans / cars driving up there, some of the roads are definitely not suited for anything other than a 4WD IMO.
We visited lookouts at Monkey Face, Gals Credk Lookout, Heaton’s Lookout for fabulous views over the Lake Macquarie area and also Boarding House Creek Picnic area which was stunning.
The great thing about this NP is that there are camping areas and lookouts so many can visit the Park but you can also have an area with few people there .. it never feels crowded.
We saw several people on trail bikes and several more on mountain bikes too .. something for everyone.Written 19 November 2021
- Very popular Park for families with BBQs provided, Dog off leash area and Local the shops with Gr8 Chinese, fish and chips , PO, Chemist, and IGA, great fishing spot and people are friendly and when you walk the park , lots of smiling facesWritten 23 December 2020
- Beautiful western views of Lake Macquarie as the sun sets. Stunning location for a restaurant and many delicious meals to choose from.Written 20 March 2022
- We went to Blacksmiths beach three times during a recent holiday. The beach is clean and wasn’t crowded. The highlight was some of the best bodysurfing waves we have ever found. Consistent, clean and safe waves right near the flags. Good facilities including car parking beside the lifesaving club.Written 25 December 2021
- Surf life savers patrolled sandy beach, where littlies can walk into and through caves during low tide.
Adults can patronise cafe for light refreshment. More parking at Caves Beach lookout with short walk to beach if the carpark if full.Written 2 April 2023
- This is a relatively small market with a good concentration on fresh food. Only a sunny cool morning, it was a wonderful way to spend an hour or so. Vegetables look fresh and most stalls were doing some trade. There was a 2 year old having a tantrum about being denied a ride in mum's wheeled stopping basket. Most engaging. Twice a month..... Easy parking, nice level walk, free live music...... Go at least onceWritten 22 August 2020
- This oasis set in a concrete jungle, takes you by surprise located right by CN tower etc, it’s strikingly different, apparently an old working shunt yard, it as maintained some of it character, there are a number of Train engines and coach’s for you see, and in some case get on and feel the cloth as the saying go’s, you can’t really miss having a look round as it bang in the heart of the attractions around the CN tower.Written 2 November 2018
- We only did part of the walk but included the boardwalk section. Very interesting presentation of information on the boardwalk. Lovely way to watch the sunset across the bay.Written 23 June 2022
- Great walking tracks around the grounds and to the summit. Lots of seating for a picnic or BBQ but TAKE THE AEROGARD, the mozzies will attack!!Written 18 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Macquarie