Ancient Ruins • History Museums
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Vilamoura
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This museum gives good insight into how the Romans lived. The entrance fee is also not expensive, at 3 euros for adults and only 1.50 for pensioners.Written 11 March 2020
- you can get there from the bus terminal at Quarteira passing several cafes and restaurants or round the fishermen’s harbour.Written 21 December 2021
- We had a great experience renting paddleboards from TOP Algarve, reasonable price for 24h hire. Lots of information from the kiosk which made it an easy and exciting experience! Thank you TOP Algarve!Written 7 October 2021
- Stayed at Tivoli on the Marina and although overall an excellent hotel, it was a little noisy in the early hours.
However facilities were excellent overall and the resort is ideal for all ages with choices of bars and resteraunts catering for everyone.Written 3 July 2022
- I was in Vilamoura for a week and I noticed the Golf Academy was nearby and highly recommended on Tripadvisor. I rarely get golf lessons but after a round at Monte Rei where I started very poorly, I thought why not get a lesson - it was nearby and what better way to spend an hour talking golf swing.
Neil has a great setup with a nice range on the Pestana golf course to hit into. He all the latest Trackman type equipment.
Neil has so much experience and I only had to hit a few balls before he had lazered into the key issue in my swing - lack of rhythm. He was able to back up his eye by showing me the data about my club and ball speed. He was honest that I would need to up my practice to train my swing before i could expect consistency on the course. But he gave me great confidence that I am on the right track and by focusing on rhythm and not going 120% every shot I would get consistency.
My only regret was that I was only in Vilamoura for the week so could not start a lesson plan but i hope to be back next summer for a check up and hopefully with a lower handicap!Written 5 August 2021
- Friendly helpful and welcoming staff. We purchased blocks of 10 hours in each of our four weeks there which gave us a discount and could book specific times as we went. Lots of courts although busy on club days. Courts in good condition.
We ate at the restaurant a couple of evenings, good food and great value.Written 14 March 2022
- Booked in for a solo programme as basically a beginner having done a few lessons in the Uk, and let me be very honest; Peter is genuinely the best you could get as an instructor without a doubt. He is actually passionate about teaching you the game and improving - and as a lady golfer i must say he really appreciates the difference in men and women golfing techniques/swings.
Without overreacting, my golf swing and ability to hit the ball consistently has drastically improved, alongside my confidence and actual enjoyment of golf.
He is personable, friendly, methodical but also very unique in the way he teaches, really analysing your swing, body and even how you think/ approach your game. I cannot recommend him enough for both beginners and professionals.
As a plus, Peter and Clare sorted EVERYTHING for me - a golf lesson itinerary, airport transfer, hotels, breakfast - the works!!! Much more organised and efficient than any others i had contacted in the algarve when initially planning.
If you actually are looking for a few refresher lessons or a whole learn to play week he is definitely the ONE to go to and i can assure you it will be worth it and enjoyable at the same time. Thanks very much to peter and clare for a great trip to the algarve and golf skills i will be taking back to the UK!!!Written 27 May 2022
- On arrival we were informed that the course was closed due to the Bobby Robson Classic being held at the resort.
Fortunately we had our confirmation with us and after a mildly panicked half hour with phone calls back and forth we were given slightly later tee times (45 mins)
Many thanks to the management for working with us to get us onto the course.
The course is totally tree lined with a mixture of tough or easier holes. Greens were good and rolled very well. I'd totally recommend a visit here though it's a tricky ask for higher h/caps or shorter hitters.Written 27 June 2022
- Very difficult to find as it is quite a way outside Vilamoura but if you want a nice secluded place for a peaceful game of bowls contact Amadeus and book an hour play for €10.
It is about 1.5 miles out of Vilamoura in the opening between the main carriageway and some high rise dwellings, we seemed to walk for ever before we found it and local Vilamourans have never heard of it so asking the way is not great, one green seems to be out of use due to Ring Disease which I am sure the owners are treating as it is a very infectious disease and easily spread to other bowling greens just by walking on it.Written 22 May 2016
- We had a good time here, nice venue, staff were great, drinks and food were also good. During COVID not the same atmosphere as usual but very nice all the same. Would certainly recommend a visit when in the area.Written 2 October 2021
- My husband, daughter and I had a beginners 3 hour sailing lesson with André. It was a fabulous experience. André is an excellent teacher and the conditions were ideal. The yacht is beautiful and very comfortable. All three of us would like to take another trip on the ‘Awakening’.Written 27 June 2021
- I personally highly recommend these guys. What we like about their service is Always on time no matter what time is it.
Recently our stays in Vilamoura, Portugal and these guys are by far the best one can get in vilamoura.Seriya,the owner always comes on time and takes us to our destination on time. We loved our day trip around Vilamoura side seeing and the owner book best restaurant for us to eat out in the night and day time,the owner and rest of the drivers are very professionals. Really comfortable and reliable service.Written 7 August 2022
- What a fantastic experience we had on Yolo One. We pre-booked from England before we arrived in Vilamoura and had no issues at all.
We opted for a 3 hour tour and honestly it did not disappoint.
Claudio and James are fantastic hosts and nothing was too much trouble. They were both very attentive and topped up our drinks throughout the trip.
The boat is immaculate, it has a toilet is downstairs and plenty of space for sunbathing or shade if you prefer.
They have a paddle board and also a dingy that took us through the caves.
We enjoyed the afternoon so much we hoped to book the sunset trip but sadly ran out of time.
We would 100% recommend this as part of your holiday memories.Written 10 July 2022
- Best Tour that you can make. Profesional Teacher, perfect Quads, nice Tour and a mot of fun. When you want to see more from the Algarve then go with him (Rui) and he will show you some nice places.Written 10 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Vilamoura
- The best outdoor activities in Vilamoura according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Vilamoura on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Vilamoura according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Benagil Full Day Cruise from Vilamoura by Catamaran
- Private Speedboat Hire with Crew near Albufeira up to 11pax!
- Amazing West Day Trip: Silves, Fóia, Lagos & Cape St. Vincent
- Complete tour of the best tourist spots in the Algarve
- Silves and Monchique Wine Taste Premium - Shared small group > VTours Algarve