Tours near Calais
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Very nice collection and interesting demonstration. Visit takes 1-1.5 hours. The temporary collection of Yves Saint Laurent was beautifulWritten 27 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice homemade type dinner
good quality, a basket of soda bread on every table for a euro more a ticket would help coping with everyone arriving at once
great entertainment following
really good musicians and dancer
great plan if you have an overnight stop in Dublin and no time to make plansWritten 7 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- £7 euro for two.There is a guide but there wasn’t one on a Sunday when we went.Nonetheless there are lots of signs.u enter the hotel , go to the 4 th floor where u buy a ticket, then you can either walk the stairs or go in a lift to the top.It’s a great stop especially if u have a hour or more before boarding the shuttle bk to the ukWritten 2 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a lot of history associated with this statue, going back to the 100 Years' War. This has iconic meaning to the inhabitants of this region.Written 5 January 2023
- Very good museum, although space on wall for additional languages almost all in french, I was saddened to be unable to read about the members local resistance. staff very helpfulWritten 6 August 2023
- A must see a Calais final time filler for families. Quite spectacular,I have never seen anything like it.My son is very interested in dragons and this huge mechanical dragon was perfect to fill in the last day before departing. It cost euro 48 for four over 12’s.
From the ground in approach it was spectacular and whilst also a great experience on the ride, you have to be at the very front to really get the best view of the direction, heads, fire belt watching and such.
The ride itself could be 15 minutes instead of maybe like 25 or 30
Mins as that is perfectly
The pilot is great and the machine incredible really.
Great value for money. If it is less windy the wings come out 7km on each side too apparently.
Overall superb, kids under 12 will go bananas !
We got skirted 2x and the was lots of steam and several fire balls breathed out. Very very good.
A must I think.Written 30 July 2023
- Nice view of Calais, North Sea and the cliffs of Dover. Guide present. About 260 steps; steps were in good shapeWritten 27 July 2023
- The Pioneer is very modern technically , but the plastic open lounge pillars don’t half creek when it’s on anything other than a millpond and no crew control of hordes of small screaming children on a 9:05 pm ferry from Calais to compliment the extreme wind whistling made it a bit of a nightmare journey to be honest , come back tunnel all is forgiven …Written 4 November 2023
- They had warned me at the tourist information office that the church wasn't always open. Luckily for me, it was when I got there.
Extensive garden. A little overgrown, but pleasant to walk through. Imposing church building, viewable from several different angles. So far, so good.
Inside, it FELT old. Not unpleasant, just as though it had seen a lot of history and, unlike many churches in the area, not been strongly affected by it. Old,old stones, still in their original places. Old pictures. Some comfortable modern touches, but not so far removed from its medieval origins that I couldn't imagine them.
Fairly, plain and simple compared with other churches we had encountered in France, but bags of atmosphere.
Blinking back into the daylight, like arriving from another time. The gardens again. Quiet neighbourhood. Not many tourists make it here, it seems. Glad I did.Written 2 February 2020
- Nice looking statue, situated in the center of town, on a big square... relaxing to hangout here...check out the nearby tour de gouet, a medieval watchtower, located just next to itWritten 21 August 2021
- Saw this when on my way to a restaurant nearby. Great piece of history. Small plaque nearby tells you all about it.
Worth a visit if you’ve also got something else to do nearbyWritten 31 January 2023
- Lovely quiet park just opposite the majestic townhall and bellfry. Flowers and shrubs are well maintained and there is a beautiful fountain. There is lots of seating and a few groups of men were playing a game of bocce on the weekend. Children were enjoying the playground equipment. But the best hidden treasure is War Museum tucked away in the foliage. It was E6 for seniors and we thoroughly enjoyed the viewing of all the displays in the 22 rooms of the largest German bunker in Europe, we were given a free audio guide. The closest public toilets are across the road at the town hall.Written 19 May 2019
- Went over to Calais for the day and popped into the Musee des Beaux Arts which is near the railway station.
A spacious and nicely designed space with a few nice surprises, In addition to a strong display of Rodin sculptures, some interesting surprises in the displays a nice Derain, sculpture by Barry Flannagan, Anthony Caro and several good Debuffets. At the moment there is a very evocative exhibition on about Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsburg
Worth a visit if you are in Calais or just fancy a stopover on your way to somewhere else. There is a small admission charge.Written 23 August 2018
- Incredible view over a very flat area...you can see 50 km around, including the cliffs of Dover on clear sky. Nice and passionate explanations from a young native guide. But they are not very well organized and the visit slots are quite limited. try to be on time, they are not!Written 22 August 2021
- This park is centrally located in the town of Calais, not far from the railway station... it's nice and green and clean, very well maintained...check out the statue of Churchill and de Gaulle here, quite impressive!Written 21 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Calais
Calais Attractions Information
|Wednesday 12:51 am|