Top Attractions in Doi Saket
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It was the second time we visited these gardens, still again surprised by its beauty and diversity. Greet park to cycle around and enjoy nature.Written 17 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You might be forgiven for thinking that you are approaching another beautiful Thai Buddhist temple. The architecture, the Buddha statues, the view over the plain below ... it's lovely.
But its uniqueness resides in the main hall where there are some remarkable modern wall paintings. The central figure in each is a naked man, not Buddha, and he is depicted in prayerful poses combating the temptations of earth. They are beautiful and well worth a visit/Written 30 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We wanted to see celadon being made as well as have the chance to buy a few souvenirs so made the trip to Chiang Mai Celadon in DoiSaket. On arrival we were invited to watch a short video before looking around the workshop where you saw the various processes in operation. There was also a stunning showroom of beautiful pieces, suitable for all budgets, but really nice quality. All the buildings are grouped in a lovely green compound which makes it a particularly nice place to visit and there are several traditional wooden buildings full of beautiful pieces which you can look around. Also, the lady owner was particularly welcoming.Written 16 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you travel to Doi Saket or drive to Chiang Rai , you can visit. Doi Saket Hot Spring is not very big , Outside the city.The best time is the morning and evening. But during the day is hot.The area around the tree-less and have few restaurants. But Inside, there is room service. Hot spring bath, Mineral pool and Thai massage .
ถ้าไปเที่ยวดอยสะเก็ดหรือขับรถไปเชียงรายสามารถแวะเที่ยวได้ เป็นน้ำพุร้อนไม่ใหญ่มาก อยู่นอกตัวเมือง บรรยากาศช่วงเช้า-ค่ำดี แต่ช่วงกลางวันค่อนข้างร้อน มีต้นไม้น้อย ร้านอาหารค่อนข้างน้อยแต่ภายในมีบริการห้องพัก ห้องแช่น้ำร้อน สระน้ำแร่ และนวดแผนไทยต่างๆWritten 7 January 2020
- I cycle out here frequently. Recently my wife and I toured around the reservoir and then had lunch at a local restaurant. A good day out.Written 6 May 2019
- The variety of beautiful orchids was amazing, a plant lovers heaven. The butterfly area though was a little disappointing, maybe the wrong time of the year but still worth the visit. We also had lunch here, excellent buffet, certainly couldn't leave hungry.Written 29 April 2018
- Tabzii was a really good, professional and funny teacher! We really enjoyed the class with her and the food we cooked was gorgeous! Highly recommended :)Written 10 August 2019
- we followed the GPS directions, which brought us to a municipal building.
The people there confirmed we were at the advertised address, but knew nothing about any galleryWritten 4 January 2020
- it was perfect! Da is such a nice guy! it is really an amazing experience! thank you Da for this day!Written 21 November 2019
- Great place to learn Thai Massage, away from the city hustle, in a true family atmosphere environment. Met some lovely people, eat some delicious food, and most importantly learned heaps about that massage. Mac is a great teacher and an all-around fantastic human being. This was one of the most fun and rewarding learning experiences I've ever had.Written 29 February 2020
- My husband and I made arrangements to visit the Little Kitchen only a day in advance. I am vegetarian, my husband is a carnivore and they completely accommodated all our specific requests. We were picked up at our hotel, visited a market to buy ingredients, greeted with magic drinks and made 5 delicious dishes. The food was the best Thai I've ever had. We were sent home with a recipe book but I don't think we can ever re-create the deliciousness. A must-do!!Written 20 September 2016
- Me and my wife were always looking for this adventure and had plan to do it in Turkey. However, ever since we know this can also be done in Chiang Mai, we kept in our list for this Thailand trip.
We have done this with Balloon Adventure Thailand and they are the first started this balloon ride under the thai aviation license. I contact with Peach and she is so helpful that you cant imagine. Very prompt and helpful. My daughters were scared to stay back alone in the hotel. So we took them with us and they nicely stayed with them.
The van picked up from hotel by 5.45 and its around 20/25 mins drive to Balloon Clubhouse at Horizon village and resort. They offered free refreshments like juice, cake, tea/coffee, sandwiches and biscuit. After a short brief by peach of do’s and don’ts, soon we started the journey with a professional pilot. We were around 2000M up from the ground. The view was magnificent and the silence was peaceful. We tried to release our stress up there!
The going up was very smooth but landing gave us bit trouble due to the wind direction. But our pilot is very experienced that we had a very good landing in a filed, but far from main road. But crews reach there before we land and make ways to take the basket near to the road. This professionalism just amazed me.
Later we celebrated our flight with drinks. And got our certificate. This completes our bucket list as well. You can keep this baloon ride in your must do thing. Here is the contact of Peach: +66 89 685 1188.Written 16 May 2022
- We found Danny at the airport. His van is new and well kept. He speaks good English and was very pleasant. His price was reasonable also. We saved his number and via WhatsApp we asked him to drive us back to the airport. He also provided our friends with a driver to Pai. He arranges great tours and can personalize. I highly recommend him in Chiang Mai!Written 7 January 2020
- We wandered upon this place after finding it on Trip Advisor. Very friendly staff, main person spoke English well and the oil massage was great. Nice little cafe attached too although we didn't go inside.Written 18 June 2019
- Maat's class was such a great and fun lesson in Thai culture! In the short half day class, I felt I really had the chance to both experience and learn real Thai massage. She is a wonderful and very patient instructor, and her kindness makes you feel like you really can be good at Thai massage in just a few short hours. It is an extremely clean massage space, with delicious Thai breaks of homemade tea and a traditional Thai lunch. I'd highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to experience Thai culture and learn a unique skill at the same time!Written 1 August 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Doi Saket
- The best outdoor activities in Doi Saket according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Doi Saket on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Doi Saket according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Suan Lahu Coffee and Tribal Experience from Chiang Mai
- Private Tour Chiang Mai Ancient Village Waterfall and Local Crafts
- Private Half-Day Tour Ultimate Chiang Mai Countryside