City Tours • Historical & Heritage Tours
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- It was so much fun!!! We are overwhelmed by the beauty of Oman and had a fantastic day with Hamood. We drove at first to the desert and could enjoy here for a while. After that we had a chitchat with the bedouines and went to the wadi. It is very beautiful. After a quick swim we went for a walk and hiked a little bit through the stones and could take many pictures. Hamood is very friendly and kind and tried to help us in every way he could so we had an awesome day and tries to tell you a lot about Omani culture while you are on the way. I can definitely recommend Sunshine Tours and Hamood for your stay in Oman! Thanks a lot!!Written 28 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Tiwi is definitively my favorite place in Oman and it's partly thanks to our amazing guide ! As a local, he perfectly knows the place and thanks to him we have been able to discover much more deeply the place as he allowed us to find the way and go down with the rope safely to access to several naturals pools with no one else than us. And it was nice to spend time with Khalfan, our guide, as he was nice, open minded, and interesting to learn about omanis with him. We hope to come back to do more adventures with him, either hiking or discover canyoning !Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The trip out of Bandar Al Rowdhar with Captain Salim was nothing less than excellent. Right from the start the communication was amazing and that continued right through. He is a master of his trade and at no point did his professionalism as an expert fisherman and host wain. We finished the day with 13 Sea Bass caught and went to so many different marks. I've been fishing now for 5 years and this is by far the best fishing trip I have been on. I will be returning very soon. Thank you so much Captain Salim. Oh and it was my Wife's very first fishing trip and she caught 4 Bass on one single line!! Wow!!Written 17 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had our Tour Fatima last 23-24 Mar 2022. Tour guide Majd, an Omani local, was exceptional! We definitely recommend him as a guide.
He did not only show us the culture and beauty of Oman, he showed us what Omanis really are: humble, hospitable, hard-working, and patriots.
We visited Bimmah sinkhole, Wadi Shab, Wadi Tiwi, Ras Al Hadd turtle sanctuary, dhow factory and many more. More than that, we camped in the sur. Majd was really hands-on throughout the camp! He was also truly supportive in the wadis whenever we had difficulties in the hike and swimming. He was very knowledgeable about every place. He would explain bits of history even in the areas that you pass by in the road.
If you have a plan to take any package from Oman Day Tours, we 100% recommend Majd. No doubt you will have a fantastic Oman experience.Written 27 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- we had wonderful trip with this Company And the guide was great > He make this tour for my family Amazing> Thank sulaiamWe had amazing time with Majan Views And the Guide was great Sulaiman And The weather so so Nice in jabel Shamse where you can feel the pace really Thank you for nice trip with my familyWritten 3 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was overjoyed to finally visit Alia Gallery earlier this month after I had been wanting to for over a year, ever since I heard of its opening during the panedmic. The gallery is absolutely stunning—very spacious and well designed— and the paintings displayed are breathtaking. They beautifully capture Omani society and culture and show the artist’s world class skill. I can easily see her paintings exhibited in some of the world’s most famous museums. The gallery also has a cozy cafe on the second floor, as well as a warm library with a great selection of books and magazines that all visitors are welcome to look through. By the entrance/exit door, there’s also a great gift shop, were you can even purchase some of Alia Al Farsi’s art. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Th space is a haven for art lovers and is not to be missed. I haven’t seen a space like it in Oman before. Would definetly recommend it.Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.