- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Moroccan bath at Castle of Beauty
After reading so many reviews and finally being convinced to try the Moroccan bath here, I finally fixed an appointment for today. Ellen welcomed me at the salon.
I was given a fresh robe and asked to be ready for the bath. Generally, you go commando, but in case you are not comfortable with that, a fresh disposable under wear is given to you. once undressed, put on your robe and go to meet your hammam attendant. For me it was Rani.
What is a Moroccan bath you ask? Moroccan bath is popularly known as Hammam Maghribi. The bath consists of a black gel cleanse, skin exfoliation using a scrub or loofah, a body masque and complete rehydration of the skin.
So Rani started by pouring some warm water on me and applied the black gel soap. Once that was done I was asked to sit in the wet steamed room for a minimum of 15 minutes. A fresh disposable plastic sheet is put over a soft mat and kept ready for you. Post 15 minutes, I was asked to lay down while the while she vigorously scrubbed my entire body using an exfoliating Glove.
When I saw the amount of dry skin shed at this stage, it made me wonder if I am doing something wrong in my daily bath routine. Haha!
Once that is done after almost 25 minutes, she asked me to sit while she worked on my hair. Shampooed, washed and left on a hair mask, I was asked to lay down again while she used some yummy smelling smooth body scrub or mask all over again!
Finally, I was ready to wash it all off. This service took almost 1 hour 15 minutes. So relaxing, deep cleansing and hydrating! Unless you try it, you wouldn’t know what I mean.
Post bath, I did a quick pedicure and waxing session. Rosalee does a great bikini wax. Pain free and thorough just FYI.
Now this is the best thing to happen in this salon.
Janet. She is the jewel in this castle. I opted for the therapeutic massage for 45 minutes. The best I have had in Muscat to date. The massage room was prepped with aromatic oils burning, lights off, spa music on low. I lay down on the massage bed and Janet started her magic. She knew exactly which point was stressed or knotted. Thus relieving pain and soreness. So perfect in pressure. Generous oil used to smoothly glide through while she works on your body. Also did a bit of massage on my head. Ended it while the soft timer buzzer beeped. And some hot towels to wipe off the excess oil from my feet and hands .I actually felt more flexible after it.
Since I got home, I feel so relaxxxedd ! going to fall on my bed shortly with a guaranteed good night’s sleep.
Do check out their fabulous Ramadhan promotions on for now!
Don’t think twice, just try it, if you haven’t yet!
The staff make you feel so comfortable in this spa salon!
I wish Ellen and her team the best. Truly deserved and appreciated.Written 7 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Absolutely perfect experience. Amazing staff and they made the experience extra memorable. Special thanks to Cristelle.Written 25 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very nice massage experience, it really relived the stress and muscle tension . Very professional staff and very friendly . I strongly recommend it for anyoneWritten 12 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had a friends dinner. We sat outside in front off the fire pits. We had got sushis . It was my best tasting experience in Muscat. The dessert, a tarte tatin bakery , was literally delicious !The service was excellent ! The chef Quintric came to welcome us and asked us if we need anything. I ll recommend the main restaurant for sure.Written 20 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are back for a treatment yesterday. I and my wife had couple massage (together in one room), my late valentine gift. I must say that they remind us of our experience 8 years ago. I usually don’t snore during any theraphy but the calmness of her hand sliding through my muscles is hypnotic.
We were ask first to choose from the three massage oil, the aroma of which were all good that it’s difficult to choose. I opted for the hint of lavender which has the calming effect. Then we are led to their treatment room where both the foot bath and massage bed co-exist. Contrary to other treatment, they pay importance to the footbath just as they do with the body. Rubbed with a mixture of ginger, lemon and salt, we know we are in for a Balinese trip.
Ambar and Intan are not just from Bali, they brought with them the ancient Balinese technique which we instantly recognized the ritual with the gentle hovering of their fingers all over the body before the massage. This is contrary to other techniques where the therapists started to assess the tension we had in our body. What follow was their immaculate execution of fingers and hands sliding as if they had more than two, very relaxing.
Being treated in the same room with my wife is one of the most romantic gift a man can give to his wife for I will know how she is delighted with my present.
I strongly recommend to go straight to The SPA at the Chedi for more of the best authentic Balinese massage, it’s ancient!Written 5 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very professional service, I really enjoyed the massage. They make sure it meets your needs and that you are having a relaxing time. The staff is very friendly. Definitely recommend themWritten 18 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very professional and clean spa, I got a well trained service provider for the Morrocan bath. Great experience and worth the money.Written 17 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Muscat