- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
13 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- There's nothing else that better says Christmas than this. Walking in the cold drinking mulled wine while looking at varieties of local shops was the cozy and wonderful.Written 22 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We like it all. The atmosphere and the feel of the whole place. We walked had 2 different kinds of hot mulled wine. Love it bought a few little thing( have to get it back on plane). a bit to eat.Written 27 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- half a dozen stages offer rock, jazz, childrens program, and many more music styles for free during these 3 days. it is only once a year. lot of carousing, crowded, not fun with children at night - you will get separated !Written 13 March 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- After my initial troubles with the booking, which were eventually properly resolved, I'm glad to say the actual occasion delivered a very special and enjoyable evening. The venue is simply stunning and the musical entertainment fitting for such a place, creating a beautiful atmosphere. The dinner was surprisingly high quality for a large event and there was no shortage of decent wine included (in fact we drank a bit too much!).
My only (very slight) negative is that the food service ran a fair bit behind schedule, so that the last course or two converged with the main show and dancing. As many of the diners broke off to enjoy the entertainment, the food service got a bit forgotten by the staff and came a bit late to be properly appreciated. Nevertheless, this is only a small point and did not spoil our evening at all.
We were seated in the balcony, which I would recommend as a great vantage point with the added bonus of being more private (we got our own table) and less expensive than the main hall. It does feel a little bit detached from the main throng, however this suited us as avid people watchers and you are free to go downstairs to join in the dancing anytime if you wish. We, along with some other couples, enjoyed dancing up on the balcony where there is ample space to enjoy.
Overall then, a wonderful experience if you want to dress up and feel like a VIP for a special occasion. Not cheap, but worth the money for a treat.Written 3 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The outside set up for New Years was great! You could walk around the City Centre with a drink in your hand. There was live music and DJ's playing and the pop up stands were serving great ranges of alcoholic beverages. However, when it came to the fireworks we were a bit dissapointed. The internet said to gather around the Centre infront of the cathedral but the firework displays were actually on the opposite sides of the city. Apart from that we still had a great time and this city is just beautiful :)Written 1 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We found about this festival from our driver in Hop on Hop off bus. It was huge and great festival in Rathausplatz full of vendors from good restaurants and cafes and amazing drinks. Went there twice for lunch and dinner. Enjoyed our dinner from different vendors.Written 24 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were in Vienna in 2019, but just missed the Christmas markets, so we decided to come back just for the Christmas markets. It was awesome. We had made reservations for dinner for each of our nights we were here, but we ate sausage sandwiches at the market instead. Everything sold at each of the Christmas markets is the same. You won't find anything original, but it still is fun to look at everything.Written 3 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vienna
- These are the best places for couples seeking events in Vienna:See more events for couples in Vienna on Tripadvisor