1,000+ places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
Admission tickets from AU$22
Speciality Museums • Children's Museums
Admission tickets from AU$50
Admission tickets from AU$35
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 1,077
What travellers are saying
- Iconic. Beautiful. Majestic. Imposing. I'm at a loss for wards on how insanely sculpted the Matterhorn is. I went during sunrise and that was a sight to see, the Matterhorn above the clouds. You never see such a sight like that at a normal day!
If it was foggy in the area, don't worry, its just clouds passing through. In my case, the clouds passed and it eventually burned off after two hours. So feel free to explore the area even if it's foggy. The view will clear up eventually!Written 21 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lake Geneva is beautiful and picturesque, upon which shores lies Lausanne and Geneva. As the largest lake in Switzerland, it’s difficult to miss and worth a visit.Written 11 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This part of the world is just stunning, cruising on this lake was just majestic. The scenery was superb I didn't know which way to turn.Written 24 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While the star of the attraction is the Matterhorn, don't forget the glaciers surrounding the Gornergrat train station! They are massive and the sense of scale in person was unfathomable!
If the view in the morning is foggy and the forecast says it's sunny, don't panic! It's just clouds moving over and eventually they will burn out in a few hours. Feel free to stay in the area. There are plenty of exhbits in the area including the owlr'd largest chocolate Matterhorn! Swiss forecasts are pretty accurate. But they're very localized in nature and that's how mountain weather simply works.Written 21 November 2023
- When I was in Zurich and had a couple of hours to kill ahead of a business meeting I walked down to the Burkliplatz and took the Short Lake Cruise. This 1.5 hour duration cruise costs just CHF8.80 for an Adult and was a very pleasant trip that went down as far as Erlenbach on the NE shore of the Lake and then across to Thalwil on the SW shore of the lake. The boat makes 8 stops during the 1.5 hour trip and food and drinks can be purchased on the boat. It is certainly great value for money and a nice way to see the beautiful Lake Zurich (Zurichsee).Written 3 November 2023
- The views are amazing and unbelievable. A must do in Switzerland. Coming down the mountain by the cogwheel train was incredible.Written 15 October 2023
- An old wooden bridge in Switzerland that has significant historical significance; the bridge was previously destroyed and then rebuilt; the bridge is kept clean, the stream running under it is pristine, and the bridge is adorned with flowers; it is a popular tourist attraction that practically all tour operators recommend.Written 27 November 2023
- what i did in Zurich is shop taking pictures old buildings eat, i went also to Lucerne in Mt PilatusDon't get me wrong i like Zurich it is a small place you can explore in 2 days. if i go next time i would like to go Berne, Lucern, Interlaken and do it on septemberWritten 20 November 2023
- A lovely old castle on the shores of Lake Geneva, which can be accessed by boat, or a short bus ride from Montreux. The Castle has been renovated in parts, back to the original appearance and it is both interesting and historical. Audio guides are available, which provide a clear perspective of what you are seeing.
Beware, there are plenty of steps, but the climbs are worth it.
There is a cafe near the entrance which offers good snack food at very reasonable prices. Seating is inside and outside.Written 24 October 2023
- A very beautiful waterfall that can be appreciated both from a distance and up close. You can make reservations in advance for a boat excursion, and then decide how long of a cruise you would want to take. They will take you quite near to the waterfall, and some of them will even go downstream a little bit, giving you the opportunity to see the cascade in its entirety. In addition, there is a restaurant where you can eat; however, you will need to make reservations in advance.Written 27 November 2023
- Insanely beautiful downtown of Switzerland's capital city. No wonder why it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site!While planning for my Swiss trip, I wanted to go straight from Zurich to Interlaken, but I realized that the train there goes via Bern, the capital. I knew that Bern was the capital but what was in there? I felt shocked that I almost missed a shining gem such as this old town! It truly deserved its UNESCO World Heritage Site designation because it's just so stunning!
So if you're going from Zurich or Geneva to Interlaken and the train stops at Bern, get off the train and explore the city for a few hours! You will not regret it!Written 19 November 2023
- This is another of those amazing mountain scenery trips, especially on a clear sunny day. Give yourself half a day to get here and spend some time at the top. Depending on where you are based, Mount Rigi can be reached by various means. It's close to Lucerne and can also be reached with a train and bus ride from Zurich main station - get to Vitznau station and then take the cogwheel car up to Rigi. All covered by the Swiss Travel Pass if you have that.
You can wander around at the top for a while and take in the views. There are plenty of benches if you want to do a lunch stop here.
Suggestion for the trip back down, if you have time, is return on the other cogwheel line which goes to Arth-Goldau. From there, make your way to Schwyz (by train) and then a bus to Stoos. Mount Stoos is then reached by the steepest funicular railway in the world. Two great mountains in a day!Written 29 October 2023
- This is our revisit after our previous visit back in 2014. And it's really good to be back here and the scenery remains amazing and stunning!
In order to reach the top, visitors will need to take 2 cable cars up, with the 2nd, rotair, that provides visitors a 360-degree turning view. Upon reaching the highest point, it's snowy white landscape despite being summer! Titlis snows all year around.
However, we realized that this place is no longer as cold/freezing as before, probably due to climate change. We used to dress heavy with head gear and gloves to stay warm then but not this time round! We didn't feel that cold (only with windbreaker on) and some how we felt it's colder in Japan's Mount Fuji! Having said that, it's wonderful feeling here (as it was so hot and sunny everywhere).
We walked outside in the snow, tracked the bridge and also the ice gallery inside.
There are souvenir shops, restaurants and ice cream parlour here and you can enjoy them especially after trekking outside in the snow. We spent about 3 hrs here before coming down by 4pm.
It's great to come back here and the scenery here remains so nice and we felt we were closed to our mother's nature!
Highly recommended.Written 28 June 2023
- Hour-long lineup to get up, another hour-long line up to get down. Spent only 5 to 10 minutes at the viewing deck.While this funicular has a very interesting ride and pretty thrilling ascent, the lineup to ride took two roundtrips before I was able to get on. Same thing with coming down. The views are indeed spectacular, but my time at the top only took like 5 to 10 minutes. There's nothing much else to do at the top other than do strenuous hikes, which is not of my interest, or to eat, which is pretty expensive to begin with.
If the lineup is already an hour-long at midday, what more during the sunset?
If you're short on time or if you're pressed in scheduling in the Jungrfau region, I would let go of Harder Kulm first.Written 21 November 2023
- Breathtakingly beautiful. Yes, go for another cruise, but drive around this lake - as we did on the Bernina Express Bus to Tirano - which is nestled between Lake Como and Lake Maggiore and ask yourself, is this one of the most beautiful spots in the world. My answer is yes. The mountains, the water, the villages - so photogenic. It's just glorious.
There's plenty of boating activity on the lake at the town end and plenty of cafes or bars to sit there and admire it.Written 19 October 2023