Popular things to do
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Wine Tastings
- Historic Sites
- Walking Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- Dining Experiences
- Cooking Classes
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Culinary Tour
- Historical Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Architectural Buildings
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Speciality Museums
- Kayaking Tours
- Special Offers
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Assisi
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Extremely interesting and important historic site
You have to have some agility to navigate stairs. The tomb and the lower Basilica were both very impressive.Written 16 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'm glad I got to see this, even though it was extremely crowded. I wish we had requested a tour because there is so much to see and it's overwhelming. I am not a Catholic, but I can appreciate the history, the art, and the architecture, as well as the spirituality of this place. Be prepared for a lot of walking and a lot of stairs.Written 9 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's incredible to realize San Francesco lived here. You can see places where he prayed and slept. The doors/corridors are very narrow - the place is definitely different from others. Around - there is a holy forest with many paths dedicated to certain frairs. It's about 4-5 km away from the city centre.Written 23 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A real gem in midst of a wonderful environment. so well maintained. the occasional bronze sculpture suit so well.Written 20 September 2020
- I preferred this church to many others visited in the city . A much more enjoyable experience, even compared to the Cathedral of St. Francis. The people are much better managed, there are no crowds and you can enjoy the beauty of the church and the relics in it.Written 7 October 2021
- What an amazing day! We had so much fun learning to cook and then tasting our masterpieces after. We also did wine tasting trying some beautiful varieties. My favourite is still the Pinot Noir combination. I recommend everyone who is interested in a traditional Italian environment to learn how to cook should choose Tili Vini. They are very welcoming and make you feel like you are at home or at your grandmothers house, the organic vegetables are also grown on site! Marias house will be my frequent destination as they are wonderful people! I will be back for that balsamic vinegar and the chocolate tasting. Thank you ladies once again, you are amazing!Written 7 August 2022
- This is worth the hike and the ticket to see how they lived and to get to the very top. You can see both sides of the mountain and a special art installation of olive trees in a grove called "Third Paradise" from above. You can feel how guards may have been stationed and see both the slots for shooting arrows or pouring out hot liquids on attackers. Inside a very narrow spiral staircase leads to museum displays of ancient life in picture and floating floors still allow a sense of the majesty of the space.Written 1 September 2021
- No need for guided tour on this one. Go with proper attire and don't make too much noise, this place is very solemn and respectful, no photos can be taken inside, The church is beautiful, and I liked the intimacy of its interiorWritten 6 July 2022
- The church itself is not exceptional, but the peculiarity is that just nearby there is the place where he was born and grew up St. Clare. Moreover, the baptismal font is the one where St. Francis was baptized. E' moreover present the crypt of St. Rufino.Written 7 October 2021
- As soon as I can I come back to do another tour of Assisi!
I love the city and I love its people.
I have never regretted staying in Italy despite problems and now we will get up together,
I will stand by your side!Written 6 May 2020
- Dolce vita ... the obstacles are the tourists (oops, we are some ourselves!), but away from this: sit down, take your espresso, ice cream and enjoyWritten 30 October 2021
- A beautiful city with a lot of sights, many angles, more than enough places to stop for a break. Assisi is perfectly organized for the narrow: multi-storey car parks, tunnels into the city for pedestrians, elevators, relatively clean, an absolute mustWritten 30 October 2021
- You need to spend enough time to visit that incredible spiritual site!
it's full of ancient story, the pray location built by S.Francesco
is a small Catholic church located within the Papal Basilica of Saint Mary of the AngelsWritten 5 July 2021
- Temple of Minerva, was built in 30 BC. and was originally dedicated to Hercules. Six massive Corinthian columns in the front testify to its ancient origin. I was really impressed by these ancient columns. Among the medieval architecture, the facade of this temple looked strange, as if this building was from another world.
In the late Middle Ages, the Roman temple became the Christian church of Santa Maria sopra Minerva with a bell tower called "Torre del Popolo".
The interior is richly decorated, the ceiling is very nice. Free entry.Written 1 August 2022
- This is well worth your time. There is someone there to tell you of the significance of the art installation which is both beautiful and highly symbolic. The Tao that is also now housed there is truly an icon. We were very moved by our visit. It is not large so it didn't take long.Written 1 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Assisi
- The best day trips from Assisi according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Assisi and Orvieto Day Trip from Rome
- Assisi Day Trip from Rome with Transportation
- Assisi and Cortona Day Trip from Florence
- Small-Group Tour: Assisi and Orvieto Full Day Tour from Rome
- Assisi and Orvieto Full-Day Semi-Private Tour from Rome
- The most popular things to do in Assisi with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Basilica Papale e Sacro Convento di San Francesco d'Assisi
- Assisi Galleria 6C
- Basilica Superiore di San Francesco d' Assisi
- San Damiano
- Eremo delle Carceri