Popular things to do
- Cultural Tours
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Historical Tours
- Historic Sites
- Film Tours
- Art Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Speciality Museums
- Self-guided Tours
- Photography Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Sporting Events
- Art Galleries
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Walking Tours
- Architectural Buildings
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Special Offers
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Shopping Tours
- Scuba Diving
Top Attractions in Glasgow
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- What a gorgeous building, with stunning and wonderful exhibits. Was fortunate enough to arrive at 1pm when the organ was being played, and it would rival any cathedral. The exhibits on early Scottish history are very interesting, as are the works of art (lovely, beautiful and precious). Must see this place when in Glasgow!Written 12 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well worth s visit especially if you are on the sight seeing bus from the city centre, it’s free as well so great in the current cost crisis.
Well laid out, great range of exhibits. Shop ok if tad expensive, but worth a hour or soWritten 10 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cute small distillery with lovely people and a decent dram. Well worth the visit if you're in the area.Written 9 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a fantastic stadium and atmosphere, the lights on evening games is phenomenal and what an entertainment show of footballWritten 29 July 2022
- Well worth a visit. This is a lovely area of Glasgow for visiting with all the family. The Kelvingrove museum is nearby and well worth a visit too.Written 12 August 2022
- This makes for a lovely walk in Glasgow, with the cathedral to one side. Definitely a must in this Scottish city.Written 11 August 2022
- Outstanding brewery tour and tasting. Rich history, artfully told by multimedia and friendly, knowledgeable guides.Written 31 July 2022
- his is a review of Clydeside Distillery’s exclusive venue hire service.
We hosted a farewell party at the Clydeside Distillery for 35 friends and family. We chose the Clydeside bc it’s a beautiful historic building with large glass windows, looking onto the River Clyde (a romantic view on a summer evening). It’s also sentimental to Glasgow, a city getting back into whisky making.
It being a distillery made it a novelty, not your standard hotel/restaurant party. The distillery tour was a hit. Built-in entertainment, enjoyed by even our non-whiskey drinking guests.
I especially appreciated their pre-planned event packages and the helpfulness of the event coordinator, Rhona. I spent no more than an hour planning what turned out to be an amazing night. My only part in the planning was to provide 1) a guest list, 2) food choices, and 3) a seating chart. Clydeside and Rhona took care of the rest.
We could not have asked for a more perfect party. The Clydeside staff provided 5 star quality attentiveness. No glass was empty and every need was met in a low key manner. The 3 course dinner was delicious and well presented. My mother-in-law and her friends are still talking about that salmon appetizer. The staff took note of individual dietary restrictions and went out of their way to accommodate (gluten free/vegetarian, non-alcoholic beers, and mocktails).
Guests noticed and complimented the extra level of detail. There was a welcome message projected onto the walls, a personalized note on the menus, name cards, tasteful background music, and beautifully set tables with flowers. Our guest really enjoyed the parting gifting (a package add-on). All of this was the work of the Clydeside and made for a special and memorable night for all.
We were very impressed by the staff, event planning and execution of the Clydeside Distillery.Written 28 June 2022
- Went for a football match a wonderful experience. Made to feel really welcome by the Rangers fans. The Loudon Tavern was great place to visit with loads of Rangers memorabiliaWritten 29 July 2022
- Enjoyed walking by between the hotel and the University. Lovely grounds and fun events. We attended Bard at the Botanic and enjoyed Much Ado About Nothing.Written 1 August 2022
- A fab visit to Glasgow Science Centre with kids aged 5-11. There was something for everyone, including the adults. There's so much to see and do, and every time we visit we see and learn something new.
Friendly staff greeted us just inside the door, showed us where to go, and reminded us to pay for parking at the ticket desk as it's cheaper than at the machines if you're visiting.
We love the Planetarium and this time we went to a fantastic show on the night sky and the neighbouring planets. We'd never been into the theatre before and managed to see Flame On with Richard, who was excellent. All the kids were fascinated by it, and it was entertaining for everyone.
One one of the upper floors that day there was a special area focusing on soil and what it's made up of, which the kids loved.
As always,the exhibits are interesting and hands-on, and the staff are enthusiastic and engaging. Thanks for a brilliant visit.Written 9 August 2022
- This is a must during your visit to Glasgow. It is a stunning building both inside and out. You can appreciate Glasgow's rich history here. It is close to many beautiful buildings and also the necropolis which is also a must.Written 12 August 2022
- This is a very lively area with many shops and restaurants. Here you can feel the pulse of the city. Unfortunately you can also quite a few homeless people. Still this is where is city is most vibrant.Written 24 July 2022
- The Pollock House is fantastic - if you are an art lover, if you love history and books, this is definitely worth visiting. The collection of Spanish paintings is incredible. And the guide- Jill- is very knowledgeable, kind and funny. The garden outside the house is very beautiful, and same is the river next to it.
Apart from the Pollock House, if you are lucky and they come out, you can see the highland cows. They are very cute.
I will definitely come back to Pollock park again.Written 31 July 2022
- Oh My - what a gem! We were in Scotland for 2 weeks and ended our trip in Glasgow. We saw a mention of it (The Tenement House) in Rick Steves' Scotland book and figured it was a good tip! To actually step back into the period and experience life in the early 20th century was fascinating - We moved from room to room and I felt absolutely transported. Every question we posed was answered with enthusiastic skill and knowledge by the docent. It was clear the young folks that staff the museum feel a connection to the habitant's legacy and protect it with great regard!Written 9 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Glasgow
- The best day trips from Glasgow according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Whisky Distillery Trifecta - Macallan - Glenfiddich - Glenlivet - Private Tour
- Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Small-Group Day Tour from Glasgow
- Oban, Glencoe, Highlands Lochs & Castles Small Group Day Tour from Glasgow
- Loch Ness, Glencoe, and the Highlands Day Trip from Glasgow
- Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond and Whisky Trail Small Group Day Tour from Glasgow