Piers & Boardwalks • Lookouts
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This circular walk is simply stunning, so good we did it anti-clockwise one day and then came back to do in reverse the next. Beautifully crafted with wooden steps and walkways interspersed with benches and viewing platforms. You can also take your four legged friend on leash as well.
So many great vantage points where an abundance of wildlife can be observed, along with the power of the ocean crashing into the impressive gorge. We spotted whales close to shore, dolphins, white-bellied sea eagles, wallabies, 'roos and a variety of smaller birds.
There are many interesting information boards en-route, but also a protest site where indigenous locals are objecting to a proposed new information centre. My own personal opinion is that this development is definitely not necessary within an area of such environmental and cultural significance. Pay a visit and decide for yourself.Written 20 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great beach with lots of parking. Busy in peak holiday period. Still great for swimming in July - water temp was 19deg. Can grad a coffee from the van. Can swim, kids can play on beach or in the play ground. Can walk to Pt Lookout along the beach from here. Life savers on duty all year. Shady areas off the beach for lunch with table, seats and electric BBQ. Can surf if conditions are right.Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a beautiful piece of Australia just a 45min barge trip from Cleveland Qld. Great views, pristine water, whales, dolphins, kangaroos and cheeky kookaburras. Wonderful fishing. Happy and helpful locals. Great for families and the private get aways.Written 30 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Starfish Studio is a unique Point Lookout gallery selling special Stradbroke Island art which is practical, functional and really lovely to have in your home. I have sent gifts and cards around the world as they do capture the sunshine and Straddie colours, plus the flora and fauna unique to the Island. Check opening times as the artist/owner is a busy Mum too.Written 20 January 2020
- Awesome days diving with Manta Lodge, Captain James ensured the best dive experience possible and Tyler and Emma showed us the underwater sites, really fun operation with a strong emphasis on safety. Definitely the choice when diving in Brisbane.Written 13 September 2021
- Every time we visit Straddie, we do a surfing lesson. Stacey is fabulous (Murray too!).
It’s always great to have a refresher when surfing is not something you do very often. Lots of fun.Written 6 November 2021
- By all accounts Aunty Margaret was a formidable human. As one of the last Aboriginal missionary women on Mingerribah (North Stradbroke Island), she worked hard to educate herself in European ways and then used that knowledge to document thousands of years of oral understanding of the uses of nature found on this beautiful island. Now, you can travel with her grandaughter, Elisha, and untap some of that wisdom. Starting at the bowls club at Home Beach, you will scoot around the pretty headland on a zippy little electric scooter (that alone is FUN!), stopping to find rope stronger than that sold at Bunnings, identify bark used for its antiseptic qualities, and find berries with a remedy more powerful than what is dispensed at Terry White. Inside Elisha's backpack is a signed copy of her Nana's book - always at the ready to verify the knowledge she herself heard as a kid walking the island with Nana. A great tour ... and the scooters are a novel way to get around. Just be mindful of the cars swishing by on some of headland roadways. And, if you don't want to do the tour (shame on you), the scooters are available for hire.Written 19 September 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Point Lookout
- The best day trips from Point Lookout according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- North Stradbroke Island SUNSET Tour
- North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah) Day Trip from Brisbane
- Stradbroke Island 4WD Day Trip from Brisbane
- North Stradbroke Island Private Tour with Pickup
- North Stradbroke Island - Scenic Flight & 4WD EcoTour with Lunch