Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- 4WD Tours
- Day Cruises
- Bodies of Water
- Ports of Call Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Photography Tours
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Hiking Trails
- Horseback Riding
- Lunch Cruises
- Sunset Cruises
- Historical Tours
- Walking Tours
- Culinary Tour
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Special Offers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Water Parks
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in St. Lucia
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Pigeon Island offers a number of experiences. The history of the area is unique and well preserved. A walk to the top of the fort offers magnificent views
The beach offers a perfect place to cool off with a swim or snorkelWritten 9 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The unique blend of Caribbean and African influences makes this cathedral spectacular and one of the most interesting and most unique churches I have seen in all my travels.Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lively bay with beautiful views, bars, and restaurants. It’s definitely nice to see by boat or visit in person. We had a nice dayWritten 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very similar to street parties I've attended elsehere in the Caribbean. Plenty of food stands and spicy rum.Written 29 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- WOW the temps in the mud baths are bone melting and your body just melts under the warmth of these baths. The mud itself felt therapeutic and smelly of course. My only complaint is the showers did not work. Great photo op if you mud yourself up well and create some patterns all over your body. Lots of laughs from all who took the plunge.Written 19 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As mentioned in other reviews... this water park requires a lot of strength and stamina. This 40-something Mom probably should have just floated in the ocean and watched her kids... I could have done without participating, but my kids (Ages 8 and 10) LOVED it. We were originally going to do a 1/2 day, and after reading the reviews settled on 2 hrs. That was a perfect amount of time. My kids wouldn't have been ready at the end of an hour, but after 2 -- they were exhausted. Really unique and fun thing to do when you're in St. Lucia!Written 10 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The gardens are beautiful. The tour of these gardens are done with a guide (who work for tips). Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the plants. Although, he seemed almost robotic and rushed in the way he described everything. Probably because he's done the tour many, many times before. While walking around, we saw other people enjoying the gardens without a guide. Going at their leisure. Which made me wonder how that came about, since I felt we were somewhat rushed through. Perhaps they stayed after their guide left? Perhaps they had been there before and requested not to have a guide? I don't know. Had this not been the last stop on our taxi tour for the day and we were tired and still had a 1.5 hour drive back to our hotel, I may have asked if we could spend more time. We ready to get back to the hotel and hit the pool.Written 27 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Despite the negative reviews we had breakfast this morning fruit salad for the missus I had full Irish breakfast both delicious service prompt staff friendly,definitely coming back five starsWritten 16 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had many RED FLAG days in our 7 days. Huge waves that will knock you down and spin you around if you are caught by one. Not very big, lmaybe half a mile. Water temp was perfect as was the weather.Written 11 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Nice local community church with beautiful fresh flowers and some colorful windows in the middle of Gros Islet.Written 8 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Know all about the ground from TV in the UK but nothing treats you like a visit. Ground looks amazing and staff were very friendly. Well worth a little detour espies you like cricketWritten 2 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I saw this view twice. Our taxi driver both ways stopped here and saw tge view of castries harbor in the evening with a little overcast and leaving to airport while being sunny, its just a quick stop, you can see the capital surroundings and cruise ships dockingWritten 24 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I booked the Gros Piton Nature Trail hike through my resort, which partners with Superior Tours Services for transport to/from the trail. Once we arrived at the Welcome Center, I was greeted by my guide, Mitchell (“Mitch”). Before heading on the trail, Mitch went over the hike with me using a rendering of the trail, explaining what to expect, the level of difficulty, resting points, etc. The hike usually takes 2 hours to get up and 2 hours to get back down, of course this may vary depending on the individual.
The trail is VERY STEEP with rocks and steps along the way which made it extremely challenging to climb. The level of difficulty is strenuous. There were a number of times that I considered turning around, but was determined to make it to the top.
Things I found helpful:
1. Having an experienced and personable guide: Mitch was phenomenal! He was very patient, kind, and encouraging. He was also very knowledgeable about the history of the trail, St. Lucia, and other general topics. We had great conversations and laughs. Not sure if you can request specific guides, but if you can, definitely ask for Mitch.
2. Being in shape: I am an avid hiker and I keep physically fit (I work out 2-4 times per week) so was in decent shape to do the hike, it would have been far more challenging if this was not the case. The trail is very challenging/difficult/strenuous or any other synonyms you’ve read in these reviews. The trail goes straight up; I was expecting hiking switchbacks. The path is not smooth, there are rocks, roots, and steps along the way.
3. Bring as much water as you can carry: You will be sweating and depending on the time of day it may become too hot to continue without water. Bring snacks, too.
4. Be prepared for all kinds of weather: It’s tropical climate, so it might be very sunny on your way up the trail and rain on your way down (this happened to me), which can make it quite slippery and muddy.
5. Rest at each resting point: There are four resting points (including the top), be sure to stop and rest, even if only for a few minutes.
6. Bring insect repellent: I forgot to bring insect repellent and now I have insect bites all over my legs.
7. Wear hiking gear that works for you: I wore moisture wicking, light weight hiking gear (Bermuda shorts and trail tank top) and hiking shoes with ankle support; some hikers had on long pants with long sleeve shirts, others had on workout shorts and workout tank tops.
8. Bring trekking poles: I did not travel with my trekking poles so had to rent one on site ($5 USD). I always find these to be super helpful, especially on the way down as help to take the pressure off your joints.
9. Enjoy the moment: The scenery is stunning, be sure to capture the moment.
10. Bring cash: They have ice cream and light refreshments on site, but you will need cash for purchases.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Gros Piton Nature Trail hike.Written 14 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited this art studio. The sculptor does amazing work with just a chisel and no power equipment. He produces different themed sculptures of all sizes. There is a gallery and gift shop in addition to the workshop. A must see,Written 23 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Lucia
- The best day trips from St. Lucia according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- St Lucia Full-Day Catamaran Sightseeing Cruise With Snorkeling
- Land and Sea Tour in St. Lucia
- Private Full Day Charter: St Lucia Boat Tour to Soufriere
- St Lucia Diamond Mineral Baths, Mud Baths & Waterfall Adventure
- St Lucia Private Island Tour
- The most popular things to do in St. Lucia with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Joy's Adventure Excursion and Coastal Cruise
- Rising Sun Taxi Service Saint Lucia
- Israel King Water Taxi Private Tours
- Island Man Tour and Taxi Service -Private Day Tours
- Sugar Boat Charters and Taxi