Top Attractions in Gigondas
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- I was introduced to the Amadieu's wines at a London restaurant and was surprised by the delicious half bottle of the red 2015 Gigondas. I have visited the Domaine twice this summer, buying wines on both occasions. I am not a huge fan of wines from this area but was delighted by the red wine that I purchased. I guess the reason was that it was much lighter and fruitier than the usual wines in the area.Written 1 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Up there with the best Gigondas wines. The earlier drinking Tradition and the “superior” Ventabren cuvées are both “references” for the best the region can offer.
I’ve tasted with two different people here. Both very knowledgeable but one smoked on and off through the tasting which wasn’t great .Written 29 August 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This winery produces some of the finest wines in Gigondas. My wife and I enjoyed a great tasting and purchased wines to take home.Written 5 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We visited the tasting room in the Village of Gigondas. It was an outstanding experience with wonderful wines!Written 22 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Several trails and walks in the area. Find the French walking association maps and follow the yellow markers for nice hikes. Also saw a number of bicyclists on the roads/larger trails, but you wouldn't appreciate the scenery as much.Written 18 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Enjoyable tasting with great choice for everyone's budget and taste. Free parking outside and qualified personnel.Written 6 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Absolute „trouvaille“!
Top chocolaterie, great choice of different very sophisticated chocolat. All homemade. Great quality!
The perfect place to go after too much wine cellars...Written 3 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- In the past, we’ve made the mistake of visiting wine regions only to leave feeling we hadn’t gotten a true feel for the area. So, on our recent trip into the Provence/Southern Rhone area I thought I'd check to see what professional tours were available. Decouvertes Vigneronnes was the first search result and had great reviews, so we called Julien and booked for the day of our arrival there.
Julien was great! He picked us up at our B&B (the highly recommended Le Mas Terre des Anges near Sarrians) and took us on what turned out to be a slightly more than 4 hour tour of wineries and vineyards in the area.
We started in Châteauneuf-du-Pape with a tour of Domaine de Beaurenard. Since our visit was during harvest, we were lucky enough to see grapes coming in for de-stemming and crushing. We saw their wine caves and sampled wines in their tasting room. Julien then took us to the old church at the top of the beautiful little town for photo opps and an optional self-guided stroll down through the village. After meeting Julien at the base of the village, the next destination was a beautiful vineyard to see the impressive rocks surrounding the vines that typify the growing conditions in the area.
Next up was the gorgeous village of Gigondas. After another self-guided tour down through the town, we headed into the impressive Caveau du Gigondas to taste multiple wines from the area (all very good, BTW).
The highlight of our day was a visit with the matriarch of the Domaine La Bouissiere winery, Genevieve in her tasting room. Julien knew her well from his days living in the village. What a lady and character!.. and the wines were excellent. We left with multiple bottles and smiles on our faces.
We also had an enjoyable time sitting down and tasting wines at a shop near the Caveau (on their terrace) before heading off to Vacqueyras.
In Vacqueyras, we stopped at the biodynamic winery, Domaine La Ligière. Julien took us through a tasting of several of their wines in their intimate tasting room. All very good. We left with more bottles.
As Julien dropped us off at our B&B, we thought that our day had been spent in the best way possible. If you’re into wine and want to tour the area, book with Julien! He tailors the day to your wine interest and knowledge. Highly recommended!Written 19 September 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Gigondas
- The best day trips from Gigondas according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Châteauneuf du Pape Wine Day Tasting Tour including Lunch from Avignon
- Provence Cru Wine Small-Group Half-Day Tour from Avignon
- Small-Group Full-Day Private Wine Tour from Avignon
- Half Day Great Vineyard Tour from Avignon
- Provence at your own pace and at your leisure!