Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We did the Great Walk from the Baroon Pocket Dam, very nice! Unfortunately, there was not much of a waterfall left. The rocket pool offered a refreshing swim.Written 7 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Super friendly lady on the counter who gave us some great suggestions e.g. Mary Cairncross scenic reserve and lookout over to the glass mountains etc. p.s. we loved your town - so quaint.Written 24 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a first visit to this gallery,I was impressed with the variety of art by different artists on different materials and some framed pieces too. Many of the final works look realistic, as good as picture.
There is also the small tiny piece if art on a matchstick which was interesting to see (through a microscope).
Enjoy.Written 23 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A real gem of a place to “discover” whilst driving around the hinterland area between Maleny and Montville.
Driving to the Dam area is not difficult and when arriving there are bbq’s, covered eating areas and a few tracks to walk.
Only non-powered craft are allowed on the dam.
Also there is the Secrets Dining on the Deck restaurant and accommodation chalets, which at the time we were there was very busy.
Really enjoyed this deviation from our intended route.Written 18 April 2023
- A friend and I did the 7.6km return walk to Baxter Creek Falls & loved it. It was lush & secluded and not many people were around. For me, the tall falls, swimming hole at the base & suspension bridge were the highlights. The walk forms part of the Sunshine Coast Great Walk but you can do this as a separate hike. We did the Southern Approach (Northern approach is also an option) which is accessed via Flaxton (turn into Flaxton Mill Road & follow for 1.5km and entrance is opposite Old Mill Lane). Wildlife was on full display - We saw a big blue tongue lizard, butterflies, blue dragonflies & heard lots of interesting bird calls. The start of the walk is open forest on an old access road and as you head down to the falls the track narrows as you enter tropical rainforest. The walk is a moderate 7.6km return with quite a bit of uphill on the way back, though it is not too steep. We enjoyed a rejuvenating swim at the base of the falls, which was gushing with water after the recent SEQ weather event, and enjoyed walking over the suspension bridge crossing Baxter Creek. The plantlife was amazing too. This is a little piece of paradise in the Sunshine Coast. We enjoyed breakfast at the The Barn cafe in Flaxton on the way in.Written 5 March 2022
- Anne’s pottery studio was amazing! Her genuine passion for pottery is clearly expressed in her meticulous skill and creation of some of the most beautiful products I have had the pleasure of seeing. I greatly look forward to returning to try my hand at one of her pottery classes as she is a natural teacher who I would learn a great deal from. I cannot recommend Anne’s pottery studio enough to anyone who finds themselves in beautiful Montville, Queensland and wants to see true craftsmanship in the making.Written 19 March 2022
- I did this during December 2020 wet season when the creeks and falls were flowing after lots of rain, the mist was thick and the plants were lush and green from plenty of water. The walk was magical and because it was deceptively overcast with light rain I had this beautiful oasis to myself. The plant & tree life was amazing with diverse species (many explained with interpretive signage). I spotted lots of birds and many white cockatoos near the Gorge.
The start of the walk is the car park near Lake Baroon and is part of a 10km walk to Kondalilla Falls that also marks the start of the 59km Great Walk. I clocked about 5km as I did the offshoot walks to Obi Obi Creek & Narrows Lookout as well (the latter had a pretty waterfall that I swam under). Baroon Lookout is spectacular and gives you an awe inspiring view of Lake Baroon and Obi Obi Gorge from a towering height. The walk is not difficult but has a few moderate uphill sections and will give you a bit of a workout. I felt like I was in the remote jungle and the smells after the rain were intoxicating.
If the first 2-3kms of the Great Walk is as good as this, I’m keen to give this monster of a walk a go!Written 18 December 2020
- Words are inadequate to express how these photographs moved me. Beautifully displayed and many options with purchasing. I could have spent all day gazing in wonder taking it all in.Written 22 October 2022
- The Tina Cooper Gallery is unique, the setting is without parallel, floating over Lake Baroon. Murano has many galleries but none compare to this as you can embrace the environment and refocus more closely on a huge range of exquisite pieces of such a wide variety of themes. The Australian Indigenous inspiration runs through many items, the presentation is measured and exciting. Don’t expect to leave empty handed.Written 8 January 2020
- A wonderful collection and array of crystals and stones, as well as all sorts of other items. Worth a visit, and best collection (widest range) of stones in Montville.Written 3 January 2023
- Very very slow service - took half an hour to bring wine and then another half hour to bring food. Food was ok but a bit cold. Very over priced.Written 16 November 2023
- The perfect place to shop for a wedding gift or an original piece for someone special.
Must pay a visit when in Montville.Written 11 April 2017
- Unfortunately way out of the average person's price range but just gorgeous work and designs. Thank you for showing your art and skills, its inspirational.Written 3 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Montville
- The best outdoor activities in Montville according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Montville on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Montville according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Sunshine Coast Hinterland and Noosa Day Trip from Brisbane Incl Eumundi Markets
- Hinterland Cheese & Wine Tasting Tour - with 2 course lunch included
- Full-Day Guided Tour to Montville Village with Lunch
- Full-Day Guided Hinterland Adventure Tour in Queensland
- Glass House Mountains, Maleny and Montville Tour from Brisbane
Montville Attractions Information
|Friday 12:53 pm|