We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohio Renaissance Festival

Review Highlights
Bellwether Music Festival

The organizers of this festival on the Renfair grounds did an outstanding job. Parking was easy in... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Simpsonville, South Carolina
A trip in time!!!

Perfecty orchestrated shows!!! Grest food Bourbon Chicken is the best!!! Amazing games and kid... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2018
Joe E
via mobile
Read all 84 reviews
All photos (190)
Full view
Certificate of Excellence
Traveller Overview
  • Excellent61%
  • Very good25%
  • Average9%
  • Poor5%
  • Terrible0%
Travellers talk about
“turkey leg”(7 reviews)
“period dress”(3 reviews)
Local Weather
Powered by Weather Underground
State Route 73, Harveysburg, OH 45032
+1 513-897-7000
Reviews (84)
Filter reviews
84 results
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
All reviewsturkey legrenaissance festivalperiod dressgreat eventfree showsspend moneypretty funwhole familylabor daythe past yearsworth the tripgreat funall agesfood and drinksbourbon chickenunique shopsfair food
Updating list...
1 - 10 of 84 reviews
Reviewed 2 days ago

The organizers of this festival on the Renfair grounds did an outstanding job. Parking was easy in and out, the venue was secure, there were plenty of portable restrooms for everyone, and there were many vendors with souvenirs, food and drink. Many of those vendors...More

Thank 999ursulaa
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Perfecty orchestrated shows!!! Grest food Bourbon Chicken is the best!!! Amazing games and kid shows!!! Best Joust around!!

Thank Joe E
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The place is really improving over the last 2 years. I already have a review from the 2016 season and it didn't change much from 2017 other than a new building or 2 and more improvements. This year I went on a Saturday for the...More

Thank ThreeWiseMen1998
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Our family has been coming here for years! Very well run events! In addition to the various Renaissance weekends, there are various festivals throughout the year. We’re currently attending Celtic Fest Ohio, which has an amazing lineup of varied performers. This is well worth the...More

Thank Trolltoes1972
Reviewed 7 June 2018

The Ohio Renaissance Festival is a renaissance-themed fair located in Harveysburg, Ohio on Ohio State Route 73. The fair has over 20 acts performed on 14 stages, artisan demonstrations, street performers and a full armored joust included in the price of admission, although tips are...More

Thank Adelheid1964
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

This visit was our 5th year, has become an annual tradition. We always make a weekend of it! Must see "Kamikaze Fireflies", our very favorite! Also, try to plan your visit when "Albannach" is there! Food, beer, and entertainment is excellent. Many visitors dress up,...More

Thank Rebecca I
Reviewed 25 February 2018

My wife and I go every year and love it. However, unlike Ren Fairs in other parts of the country, this one has very little to do with the Renaissance. About 10% of the people put together an historically-informed costume, the other 90% wear fantasy...More

Thank Road_to_paradise
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

If you like swashbuckling and jousting you'll love this place!!! You can get your family Crest certificate while eating a turkey leg and drinking a beer!!!/:0) There's song and dance, games and plays, & etc Go early when it's cooler that way ya don't get...More

Thank mark h
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Loved it! they have mil discount when you buy tickets so make sure to ask for that. i am a seasoned renaissance fair visitor, i try to go to as many as i can during the season and i love to dress up and be...More

Thank 502ericaf
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This is truly a fun & entertaining festival. Each theme weekend draws a different crowd & puts a different spin on the festivities. It's kid friendly, but no dogs allowed. Read other reviews as to what it's about, but definitely check it out!

Thank Stacey J
View more reviews
Questions & Answers
Ask a question
12 June 2018|
AnswerShow all 2 answers
Response from Rebecca I | Reviewed this property |