This is a great tour, john our driver was very polite and extremely knowledgable, his driving of the bus was very careful and considerate. £6 pp maybe a little expensive but is... read more
Alpine Travel’s Great Orme Tour uses vintage coaches to transport guests...
Alpine Travel’s Great Orme Tour uses vintage coaches to transport guests around the famous Great Orme in Llandudno. The tour lasts for one hour and departs at 11am, 1pm and 3pm daily all year round. The tour is a four mile scenic drive round the Great Orme headland to Llandudno’s West Shore. During the tour you will enjoy spectacular views at every turn. By travelling on the vintage coach, you will witness the Great Orme from an elevated position and observe this wonderful natural asset from a comfortable seat.
There are stunning views in all directions, all year round, from the brilliant flora and fauna of the summertime to the crashing of the waves below on a stormy winter’s day.
Some of the tours features include:
• 12th century St Tudno’s Church
• The Great Orme Lighthouse B&B, from 1862
• The “Rest & Be Thankful” Cafe with fine sea views and good food
• Ffynnon Gaseg or “Mare’s Well,” a rare natural water source
• Ruins of the WWII Royal Artillery Coastal Gunnery School
• Legend of Helig`s Palace and the lost Land of Tyno Helig