We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts is an inspirational public art museum where you can see outstanding art for free. The Centre, which opened in 1978 to house the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Collection, is a world-class building designed by Norman...more
Hours Today: Closed
See all hours
Norwich Research Park Earlham Road, Norwich NR4 7TJ, England
All reviews francis bacon permanent collection uea campus henry moore east anglia faberge exhibition works of art visiting exhibitions excellent exhibition art lovers wonderful collection current exhibition on display interesting objects special exhibition modern building worth a visit
I found 95% of the art v. forgettable. The other 5% just terrific.
That's modern art for you. UEA is surprisingly beautiful architecturally and set in woodland. Gorgeous.
The cafe has the most amazing view and the vegan food was lovely.
This is such a beautiful space and setting for exhibits both inside and out. Historical artefacts sit comfortably with modern and contemporary design and images. This is a carefully curated permanent exhibition which creates links across timelines and cultures.
A great permanent display, with all periods and places juxtaposed so you can make links around the globe. We went specifically for the Elizabeth Frink exhibition which was superb. Be warned though, it is a University campus so parking is at a premium. We arrived...More
Not having visited the Centre before we were delighted to catch the final day of a retrospective exhibition of one of our favourite sculptors Elizabeth Frinck.
A superb exhibition enhanced by the commentary of the guide who took us round.
Whilst the cafe was slightly...More
Recently visited to see the Elizabeth Frink collection. This in itself was a great experience. However the whole centre is nicely laid out with some very interesting pieces of art and sculptures. Nice little coffee shop too.We will definitely be back.
What a treat to enter a modern listed building that is immaculately kept. Everything is clean and with so much glass. Exhibits amazing and very accessible and good food in the cafe. The space is just excellent for the exhibition and study area and very...More
We visited on a Saturday morning, arriving just after the centre opened. We were able to view the huge heads and larger than life size sculptures alone which emphasised their size and strangest. Liked the Green Man and the drawings and watercolours, The small size...More
We recently moved to Norwich and have been exploring and came across this gem. Wonderful exhibition on the ground floor and other paid for exhibition's on two other floors as well as larger structures of interest outside the building. Two cafes, both with outstanding views...More
Not every exhibition trips my trigger. However, you can't argue with the way they are displayed. The hall is spacious, light and it is a pleasing place to be in. The food hall served really good food, so you can make a day of it.