Come and spend some time with our beautiful Cheetah, her keeper and learn first-hand about these incredible animals as well as the zoo’s breeding programs for these rare and endangered species.
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- No food or beverages are provided. We have a cafe on site for any food and beverage purchases
- Departure details
- Monarto Safari Park, 63 Monarto Rd, Monarto SA 5254, Australia Please meet at the Monarto Safari Park visitors centre 45 minutes before tour departs
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 6433P27
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 6433P27
About the operator
Monarto Safari Park
- Meg02900Bucket List for everyoneWhen all the animals arrive and motel finished next year it will be worth a two day stay… Disappointed I did not see the Lions up close but Lioness’s were just as impressive… We paid extra to feed the Lions but it was very disappointing as the people that didn’t pay extra had just about same experience.
- Road56244000The chimpanzees will make you love them.This place is cool! Loads of animals there in a comfortable, as close to natural setting but within lens distance. A baby chimpanzee in the loving care of his mum was a highlight, ever popular meerkats, lions, giraffes, coyotes, cheaters and more; this is pretty much guilt free zoo viewing. The entire set up is a charity with all funds help various environmental research projects.
- Y5131ZVjeanetteb00another way to see more animals apart from the busWe were a bit disappointed as from the new reception we were straight on the bus (1 1/2 hour ride) and wanted to see giraffes (my granddaughter's favourite) We got off at the giraffes (great) but therefore missed the chimps and Meerkats. To see this exhibit, we would have to go on the bus again for 1 1/2 hour, but a bit much for a 3 year old as driving in the bus a lot of the animals were only in the distance. I think a viewing of a few animals, walking distance to reception would improve this experience.
- eeyoreBrisbane00Exciting AdventureBeautiful new visitors centre. Easy to drive to from Adelaide. Reasonable price for entry. Lots of animals to see. Can see most from the bus. New hotel looks spectacular. A fantastic thing to do while in Adelaide
- larrykP7755ME00Great Day at Monarto Safari Park.Took the grand kids to Monarto Safari Park and had a great day. The park is huge with an impressive number of animals and displays. The animals were a fantastic sight roaming around freely with plenty of room. The guides were very knowledgeable about the animals and conservation etc. The buses were great and made for a wonderful interesting day. Highly recommended
- Wendybel00A must do if in Adelaide.This is the best place to see animals up close. Take the bus ride around the park, then go around again and get of at the stops with the platforms to see the animals for a longer period. Take in a ranger talk, they are very knowledgeable and passionate about the animals. We purchased a two park deal, went to Monarto and the zoo but would recommend spending the two days at Monarto.
- rosca00Memorable Monarto with Oliver.I recently visited Monarto Safari Park and had an amazing experience. The park's vast open spaces and naturalistic habitats created an immersive environment. Oliver, our volunteer guide, was exceptional. His passion for wildlife and conservation was evident, and his knowledge about the animals and their behaviors was impressive. Oliver's enthusiasm and dedication made the tour educational and enjoyable. I highly recommend visiting Monarto Safari Park and experiencing the incredible guidance of Oliver. Thanks also to Liz the bus driver, who allowed us to take great photos.
- Newton O00Monarto Safari Park, An awesome day and one to do over and over!!A beautiful 1 hour drive down the Princes Hwy through amazing rolling hills and green pastures. The Safari Park is easy to find, plenty of parking close to the entrance and lots of guides to help if you need it. We caught one of the tour buses in top the park proper. Our guides were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the park and made the bus tours very enjoyable. We saw animals in every enclosure and up close, which was fantastic and made for some excellent photo opportunities. We arrived at 10.30am and left at 3.30pm and were never bored or looking for something to do. All of the park staff we spoke to were very friendly and helpful and we had an awesome day.
- 284debs00Interesting AttractionI would rate seeing the animals at this park as 4 star, but the overall experience only a 3. They have buses that take you around the park and actually into some of the enclosures where you get to see the animals up close (such as giraffes), but we thought you caught the bus to the next stop along the way, got off the bus and walked to the viewing platform. We did not realise that you get to see some of these animals closer if you stay on the bus. I think this should have been explained better to us at the time of boarding the bus. They have wonderful plans for this safari park including building a facility for the public to stay and to introduce new animals to the park. We wish the park well with all of this and one day would love to go back to see this. The gift shop is amazing but expensive.
- eljaney00A park the truly caresWe bought general admission and then decided to do the Meerkat experience - it was wonderful as was the whole park. The keepers who looked after the Meerkats were very knowledgeable and friendly - they made sure we had the best experience but also protected the animals. I was so impressed with this park . So much space for the animals whose health and well-being was clearly a priority. The bus drive around the park enabled us to see all animals quite closely - highly recommend a visit.
- barbarabG8793ID00A fantastic taste of Africa without the travel!What a wonderful place to see these beautiful wild animals without having to go to Africa. The buses run frequently so you can hop off to see whatever you want to spend a bit of time at. The chimpanzees were fun!
- katrinabW9301TP00A day in safariWe had an amazing day exploring this safari park. The day was very windy and overcast but this did not take away from our experience. Our guide on the first bus we took ‘Kate’ was amazing she explained things very thoroughly and was very entertaining. The cafe whilst a little expensive was nice food. All in all a great day and recommend it to all.
- SportingDad201500Adelaide/Kagaroo Island TourWow - what a find and value for money. A well spaced out facility and well maintained. The guides are great and knowledgeable. You ride on an airconditioned bus and can hop on/hop off many times to spend more time with the animals. Looks like a near new facilty. Fantastic way to support their efforts in animal conservation. Would visit again.
- Waiske00Another Gem found in Australia backyardAbsolutely delightful experience seeing animal so content and roaming around at their spacious environment. With very close encounter with both friendly giraffe and wild animals, like Lion & lioness in herd, making visit it two days in a roll very very worthy. Another extoric animal like cheetahs, black/white Rhino (just to name few) are all very relaxing doing whatever they like. I feel for their happiness. Volunteer drivers & guides are extremely helpful. I have longing to go Africa but visiting this like having an Appetizer already. Very satisfying.
- Chad O00Loved itWe’ve been of safari in africa. It was amazing. And to be honest, nothing could quite compare to seeing animals in their native environment. Having said that, Monarto is more affordable, easily accessible and a big notch up from your typical zoo. We visited as it was our boy’s 2nd birthday. He enjoyed it. We simply hopped on the bus and did a guided loop of the park. 6 stops. It took about 90 minutes. We didn’t get off the bus, but there’s the option to do so if you want to spend some time on a viewing platform or go for a walk. We saw a bunch of animals including rhinos - black and white, cheetah, lions, giraffe, ostrich, gazelle, hyeena, buffalo, meerkat. Our tour guide, Anna - was brilliant. Knowledgeable, experienced and good humoured. We visited mid-week. The park was around 25% capacity. No issues with queues or waiting for buses - albeit we were told bus running every 30 mins, not 15 mins - owing to weekday. Consider avoiding peak periods if you have any concerns.