Ice Fishing experience on Abisko lakes is one of our favourites. The activity begins with transport by car or snowmobile to one of the frozen lakes that surround Abisko. Our guides are choosing the lake based on time of the year and weather conditions. After a detailed explanation of "how to" Ice Fish, we proceed to try to catch some fish. If you are lucky and manage to get one (or more!) we will help you process it and also give you some tips on how to prepare your freshly caught dinner. The amazing scenery and possibility of just laying in the middle of a frozen lake are just added bonuses.
Ages 1-99, max of 16 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Fishing equipment
- Clothing; Winter suits/overalls, hats, gloves, socks and boots
- Hot beverage and light snacks
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Please provide the exact pick-up location during your booking process if different from the departure point (Reception Abisko Guesthouse, Kalle Jons väg 5, 981 07 Abisko, Sweden). Starting time of the tour depends on the time of year and weather conditions that day. Please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your activity so we can arrange pick-up or meeting point and time.
- Abisko Guesthouse, Kalle Jons väg 5, 981 07 Abisko, Sweden Meeting point is at the reception of Abisko Guesthouse (Kalle Jons vag 5, 981 07, Abisko, Sweden)
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 285261P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 285261P6
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Dec. 2021 • Solo
It was a great experience! My guide Oscar was a super cool guide. He told me a lot of interesting facts and we had a nice time.
Would recommend it definitely!
Would recommend it definitely!
Written 18 December 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.