Behind the scenes fully immersive tour of the Mitchell Wines Estate Your guide will be a Mitchell family member Access to rare back vintage wines Mitchell Wines is situated in one of the most picturesque parts of the Clare Valley - the Skilly Valley
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 18-100, max of 30 per group
Duration: 1–2 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Cheese board
- Departure details
- 246 Hughes Park Rd, Penwortham SA 5453, Australia Please meet at the Cellar Door
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 277497P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Estate Tour from Soil to Glass?
- Estate Tour from Soil to Glass price starts from AU$121.91. Discover and book Estate Tour from Soil to Glass on Tripadvisor
- What is the Estate Tour from Soil to Glass cancellation policy?
- Estate Tour from Soil to Glass cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Estate Tour from Soil to Glass on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Estate Tour from Soil to Glass?
- Estate Tour from Soil to Glass is hosted by Mitchell Wines. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mitchell Wines on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Estate Tour from Soil to Glass on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Estate Tour from Soil to Glass?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Estate Tour from Soil to Glass on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 277497P1
Reserve your spot
- You'll start at246 Hughes Park Rd246 Hughes Park Rd, Penwortham SA 5453, AustraliaPlease meet at the Cellar DoorSee address & details
- 1Mitchell WinesStop: 75 minutesEstate Tour from Soil to Glass From soil to glass, come with us behind the scenes on a fully immersive tour of the Mitchell Wines estate. Starting in our cellar door, we will take you on a guided tour through the vineyards where the magic begins, all the way through our winery and barrel hall to show you how we create the Mitchell wines you will come to know and love. We end with a private tasting of our wines, giving you a chance to enjoy the end-product after learning how it makes its way to the cellar shelves.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in April 2008
- Lynette H00Wine tasting experienceSpent a very peasant morning wine tasting some very fine wines. Hilary was exceptional with her knowledge and friendliness made us want to linger and chat
- Global4608603511800Do yourself a favour!! 😍5!!! Omg Edwina was the best Cellar Door hostess I’ve experienced at any cellar door and I’ve been too a few 😝 And the Wines!! My goodness, absolutely loved them, joined the members club and will always be ordering a dozen at a time!! Thank you for making our day so fantastic Eddie!! Xx
- Christine M00Family owned fantastic winery.Wine tasting was unhurried and hosted by a cheerful lady who knew her stuff. Family owned winery with an excellent product. Platters are available here too.definitely one to visit.
- YourFrequentFlyer00Amazing each and every timeMitchell is phenomenal winery that always is always a pleasure to come to! The service is always second to none - on our most recent trip the fire, the cheese platter and the lovey wines all added to an amazing experience!! We will be back again!
- WombatTraveller00Relaxing VisitAlways been a fan of this winery and their wines and we chose to visit the cellar door on a recent visit to the Clare Valley. Range of wines has been expanded with the Kinsfolk Reds a welcome addition. We sampled the entire range which probably took the best part of an hour which was made all the better with our host Gayle, who was able to guide us through the range in a professional but down to earth manner. A very enjoyable experience.
- da_lil_oneoc00Tucked away in the valleyBeautiful outdoor seated area, great wine selection, loved the dessert wine . Friendly staff that were welcoming . A must visit when in Clare!
- matthewd91600Little oasis on a busy Clare weekendMitchell Wines was recommended to us by our bike hire guy and it didn’t disappoint. The service was excellent and friendly without being overbearing or pushy, cheese platter was delicious and we very much enjoyed the wines taking one home with us. There is a $10 tasting surcharge but you get that back if you buy one which is pretty fair as in total there was about a dozen bottles to try. We sat outside under the shade and it made for the most pleasant afternoon. Would recommend Mitchell Wines to friends and will probably pay return visit.
- Paul S00low key excellenceThe wines were all really good, but it was the fortified that got my attention. A lovely little spot next to the road.
- Wayne B00EnjoyableMitchell wines was recommended for a cheese platter lunch break. The wine tasting had a $10 fee but that enabled you to taste as many wines on the list as you wish. Of course I obliged by tasting them all and then made a purchase which negated the purchase. The tasting area is quaint, probably an old barn, with a fire in the corner. It was a very pleasant experience and recommended.
- draculas_mum00Nice cheese platter in a cosy settingStopped here for a Cheese platter on a recommendation from Garrick at Kilikanoon. Nice selection of cheeses with a glass each of their GSM. Didn't do any other tasting as we had already done enough tastings for the day and were heading out for dinner that night.
- BitterHops00Good people, good wineIt was the first weekend when the cellar doors could do wine tastings and Mitchell Wines was well set-up. The staff were friendly and the wine good. In the afternoon it was extremely popular with the sun out and the fires going to ward off the chill. Very good.
- Brett B00It’s all about the PeppertreeA fantastic winery on the Clare valley with a friendly cellar door to welcome you in and try the wines ... a favourite that keeps me coming back after many many years just for the fabulous Peppertree Shiraz - such a pleasure to sample and enjoy the flavours of the Clare valley
- 483sandyr00A great little winery off the beaten parhThis winery is just off the beaten path. We were served by one of the owners and she was really helpful and able to give advice on other places to visit while we were in the area. The wines available for tasting were really nice, and a there was a really good variety. There was also a beautiful dog who came to say hello. You can also build your own cheese and meat platter which includes a lot of yummy local produce.
- podrozniczka6000Great tasting riesling and shiraz.This establishment seems to be one of more prominent wineries of Clare Valley. It is a family business. They take pride in their riesling but offer also a selection of red wines like shiraz, granache and cabernet, They are open basically every day morning till afternoon. It is a good choice for a stop in Clare Valley for wine tasting and visit.
- jerryskc00Excellent relaxed and generous tasting, extremely friendly and helpful Cellar Door experienceWe were on a cycling "tour" on the Riesling Trail. "Tour" is grandiose term for three of us hacking along the trail in hot weather but this stop was the highlight. We are in Clare for a couple of days and didn't realize that the few days before Christmas is a quiet time here for the wineries, from which we benefitted greatly. We were greeted here by Gail (or maybe Gayle, I apologize if I misspell her name) and also by the friendly welcome from Helen the dog. We were offered a very generous tasting of up to 11 wines - 3 whites, 1 rose, 5 reds and 2 "stickies" which were uniformly excellent. We bought quite a few to take with us and they have a lovely and quirky sparkling Shiraz that you really have to try. We were offered cheese and crackers to compliment the tasting and we also bought some provisions from the winery too so that we could have a snacky lunch outside. It was hard to get back on a bike after all that! Definitely a great place to visit, wines are a delight, so is the welcome. Very glad we stopped here