Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price Guarantee
Udawalawe National Park is located approximately 230 km south-east of Colombo city and is a major eco tourism destination in Sri Lanka . The 30,821 hectares dry zone game park has an annual rainfall of 1524 mm and an average temperature of 29.4°C. It is most famous for the many Elephants that live there (about 400 in total).
- You'll start atUdawalawe Main entranceOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Udawalawe National ParkStop: 3 hoursUdawalawe National Park lies on the boundary of Sabaragamuwa and Uva Provinces, in Sri Lanka. The national park was created to provide a sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the construction of the Udawalawe Reservoir on the Walawe River, as well as to protect the catchment of the reservoir. The reserve covers 30,821 hectares (119.00 sq mi) of land area and was established on 30 June 1972. Before the designation of the national park, the area was used for shifting cultivation (chena farming). The farmers were gradually removed once the national park was declared. The park is 165 kilometres (103 mi) from Colombo. Udawalawe is an important habitat for water birds and Sri Lankan elephants. It is a popular tourist destination and the third most visited park in the country. During a visit, it is not unusual to see whole herds of adults and young elephants – feeding or bathing and playing in the water! In addition to this main attraction, the park is home to many Water Buffalo, Water Monitor, Lizards, Sambar Deer, Monkeys and the occasional Leopard, as well as being an exciting location for Bird enthusiasts. Udawalawe is famous for Sri Lankan Elephants, which are relatively hard to see in its open habitats. Many Elephants are attracted to the park because of the reservoir. Morning or afternoon departure options let you choose your own itinerary to fit your vacation schedule. A private guide means you and your party will receive personalized attention and have plenty of time to ask questions.Read more
- You'll end atUdawalawe Main entrance7th Mile Post, Sri LankaUdawalawe National Park GateSee address & details
Udawalawe Main entrance, 7th Mile Post, Sri Lanka
Returns to original departure point
- Transport by Private Safari Jeep.
- Entry/Admission - Udawalawe National Park.
- Water Bottle Per Person.
- Experience Driver (Also your tracker).
- All taxes and service charges.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 5km of entrance gate.
- Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings (entrance fees to be paid in cash)
- Food and Beverages.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Ceylon Travel Dream
Was a very interesting day trip starting from our hotel in Negombo. Everything was running best. Driver was very fr…
6 days 5 nights Around Sri Lanka
I had come to Sri Lanka to attend my best friend's wedding for three days, when you're in another country and had j…
7 days 6 nights in Sri Lanka
This was our first time in SriLanka. What an amazing place and people.The teas was fantastic, accommodating, flexib…
My selection for Ceylon Travel Dream was the excellent choice. The team is awesome and very cooperative. My trip in…
I selected CTD for a 4 night trip to Wadduwa in srilanka - Everything was properly planned and they were flexible w…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently Asked Questions about Udawalawe National Park Private Safari
- Udawalawe National Park Private Safari price starts from AU$25.12. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Private Safari on Tripadvisor
- Udawalawe National Park Private Safari cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Private Safari on Tripadvisor
- Udawalawe National Park Private Safari is hosted by Ceylon Travel Dream. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ceylon Travel Dream on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Private Safari on Tripadvisor
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Udawalawe National Park Private Safari on Tripadvisor