Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Take a bite out of the French Quarter on this walking food tour in New Orleans. A foodie guide shows you how to dodge the tourist traps and find authentic Creole and Cajun favorites such as pralines, shrimp and grits, po’ boys, and French pastries. This tour is a great way to satisfy your appetite while learning tidbits of local history along the way.
- You'll start at816 Decatur St816 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USAHead to Toe fashion shopSee address & details
- Pass byTastebud Tours Food Tours
- 1Tujague'sStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 2Laura's CandiesStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3The Court of Two SistersStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4NOLA PoboysStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 5700 Bourbon StStop: 25 minutesSee details
- You'll end atFrench QuarterFrench Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USASee address & details
- Taste classic New Orleans cuisine on a French Quarter food tour
- Try authentic Cajun and Creole dishes at five renowned eateries
- Pass landmarks and learn local history on this walking tour
- All food tastings included for a hearty meal
What to Expect
Meet your guide at The Shops at the Colonnade in the French Quarter and set off by foot to explore some of the neighborhood’s best dishes, served up with a side of local history. Near the historic French Market, savor shrimp and creamy cheese grits at Cafe Fleur De Lis. Try cajun red beans and rice at Tujague’s, housed in a former Spanish armory, and sink your teeth into a savory muffaletta sandwich in a quiet Creole courtyard. Try famous southern sweets including sticky pralines and handmade chocolate at Laura’s Pralines and Candies, New Orleans' oldest candy store that dates back to the 18th century. Taste the city’s French influence with fresh-baked pastries at the Croissant D’Or Patisserie. All together, the five food stops include enough samplings to make up a satisfying lunch. The tour ends in the French Quarter.
816 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Tastings at 5 eateries- Dine at Tujague’s, celebrating 160 years of serving Creole cuisine in NOLA.
- Visit New Orleans’ oldest candy store with hand-dipped chocolates dating back to the 18th century
- Visit The Court of Two Sisters - the only jazz brunch spot in town famed for its beautiful courtyard
- Lead by a professional tour guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities are greatly appreciated
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a walking tour, please be sure to wear comfortable shoes
- Tours provides substitutions for vegetarians and those with shellfish allergies, but cannot make substitutions for any other food allergies (such as gluten-free, dairy-free, etc.) or food lifestyles choices (vegan, low-carb, etc.). Due to the fact that all tastings have been prepared in advance (based on information provided to us at the time of bookings) substitutions must be requested in advance with your ticket purchase. Please make a note in your "special request" portion at checkout
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour will not be able to accommodate last minute changes
- Most travellers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of cancellation, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Our foodie guide, Tish, was amazing! Perfect for people who want to taste good amounts of different types of food. Alcohol was available for purchase, but it wasn’t the main attraction which I enjoyed. Perfect for those who do drink with a big appetite.
Date of experience: March 2020
Tour guide-Richard,was superb. His knowledge of of the history of New Orleans,related to each restaurant is fascinating. The food portions at each stop are nice size portions.We were full by the end of the tour. Got to explore areas of New Orleans we probable would not have…
Date of experience: February 2020
Bruce was our guide. He was great. We learned a lot of the city and of course the different foods we ate. We were diffentialy full after the tour.
We took the Flavors of the French Quarter tour and our guide was Linda. She was fantastic! A wealth of information regarding New Orleans cuisine and history. We had a great time, great food, and it was a perfect start to our NOLA weekend. We were able to use her…
Date of experience: February 2020
Rich was a great tour guide! We had a group of 40 girls and arrived late. Rich and our other guide quickly got us back on schedule. The tour wasn't to much walking and just the right amount of stops. I enjoyed that most of the stops had small private rooms for our groups. …
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tastebud Tours Food Tours
Ourguide Susan was wonderful
There was so much history that she proved, the food almost became an after thought. I say almost, but not quite. W…
Great Birthday Visit
I LOVED this tour and would recommend it it to almost everyone. Our guide was kind, knowledgeable, patient, and hum…
Great sampling of New Orleans food with history
We had Barbara as our guide. She was very knowledgeable and excited to share history and guide us. This tour had a …
So much fun and so much good food
My coworkers and I did this food tour and it was awesome. Our guide, Tish, was very knowledgeable and happy to answ…
Great food & history
The food tour was awesome and the history of New Orleans was amazing! All of the food was absolutely delicious and…
Where do I start? Our tour guide, Tish, was wonderful. She provided a great deal of historical information much of …
Great tour even in the rain!
On a rainy grey day my friend and I did the tour and had a great time! The stops were well placed and the foods del…
Delicious food, local history and the best tour guide! Our tour guide has lived in New Orleans most of her life an…
Leap year tour was awesome
My wife and I took this tour on leap year. Can not say enough about this fun event. Great food at local restaurant…
Good evening tour with great bites
We booked this tour as a way to experience many New Orleans flavors in a short amount of time. We appreciated the b…
The History and Food Sunset Tour was nothing short of fantastic. Our guide was knowledgeable, very friendly and p…
Dinner with Tish
Enjoyed the French Quarter food tour with Tish. She had great history, not just about the food, but about everythi…
Not for the old who cannot walk fast
This was a good tour for the able bodied who can walk fast. We had one poor man in a wheelchair who had to sit dow…
This was my second tour with Tastebud tours and I have never been disappointed. Knowledgeable guide (Lyndel) and th…
Tish was awesome! Such a wonderful experience! I even found a pearl in my oyster on the first stop of the night.
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
from A$62.68* A$69.64
Popular: Booked by 28,091 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 9,114 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour
What time does Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour start?
Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour will start at 11:00 AM. Discover and book Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour?
Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour price starts from AU$93.68. Discover and book Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour cancellation policy?
Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour?
Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour is hosted by Tastebud Tours Food Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tastebud Tours Food Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Famous Flavors of the French Quarter Food Tour on Tripadvisor