Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Go Behind-the-Scenes on this Special Access Shopping Program in the legendary NYC Garment District. Meet a designer in their private showroom, and get exclusive access to apparel and accessories for less than wholesale price. As you explore this high-pace neighborhood, your guide gives you the scoop on the New York fashion world and other relevant trivia.
- You'll start at220 W 38th St220 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018, USAMEETING LOCATION Pacific Trimming, 220 West 38th Street (between7th & 8th Aves) Please meet your guide just at the front door to the store Guests MUST arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled tour time. Tours Start ON TIME For issues, call 917-599-6650See address & details
- 1Shop Gotham NYC Shopping ToursStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 2Garment DistrictStop: 3 hoursSee details
- You'll end at220 W 38th St220 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018, USAMEETING LOCATION Pacific Trimming, 220 West 38th Street (between7th & 8th Aves) Please meet your guide just at the front door to the store Guests MUST arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled tour time. Tours Start ON TIME For issues, call 917-599-6650See address & details
- Gain access to showrooms not open to the public
- Get exclusive discounts on this season’s designer styles
- Guide points out landmarks you might not have noticed on your own
- Small group size ensures a personalized experience
What to Expect
Meet a guide in Midtown Manhattan near Fashion Avenue, the 10-block strip of Seventh Avenue located in the heart of the Garment District. As you walk through the neighborhood, your guide points out landmarks you might not have noticed on your own, including local fashion scene hangouts, buildings where top designers are creating next season’s styles, and the residence for Project Runway contestants. Over the course of the tour, you'll visit six wholesale showrooms not open to the public, and enjoy discounts on this season’s apparel and accessories. The guide takes you to meet one or two designers for an exclusive look into how their collections are produced from start to finish. As the tour comes to a close, receive a guide to public sample sales all throughout the city. Use this to extend the day’s shopping trip, or rest your legs in nearby Bryant Park.
220 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018, USA
Returns to original departure point
- 3-hour guided walking tour
- Special access to wholesale showroom shopping
- Courtesy list of all New York City sample sales
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 17 years
- Tour maximum: 12 people
- It is recommend that wheelchair bound guests have an assistant
- Stores carry traditional US women's sizes 0-12 (and comparable for other countries) and a wide selection of accessories
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- There ARE places to try on Apparel
- You will walk approximately 8-10 blocks in all. Not recommended for those with Walking issues
- Best for Women ages 17- 70.
- This is a SHOPPING Program. NOT a sightseeing Program. NOT a Fabric tour
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Surprised my wife for her birthday! Designer handbags and scarves. Marla hooked it up with a great agenda and recommended a bunch of other sample sales and shops to check out!
It was a great tour! It was my 7th time! I love going to the showrooms! Great guide! Great fines! Each time is just exciting as my first!
Date of experience: December 2019
Response from ShopGotham, Owner at Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour
Responded 19 Dec. 2019
Vickie,.. was it 7!? wowie. Thank you ever so much for being such a loyal follower of our program! And thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. happiest of Holidays
If you're in the city to shop, you really need to book this Special Access shopping tour. Not only will you have fun, but you'll be getting outstanding prices on great quality designer items. Our guide Camber was a joy: upbeat and charming and an absolute wealth of interesting…
Date of experience: October 2019
We took this tour with Melanie last week and couldn't have been happier! We visited a purse showroom, jewelry, scarf and two clothing type places. The items were beautiful and the discounts were great! I think what we enjoyed the most is we never once felt obligated to buy…
Date of experience: October 2019
My friends and I signed up for a shopping tour with Gotham when we visited NYC. We had heard through countless others that this was a fabulous activity. It absolutely was so much fun! We each found things that met our own personal styles at hugely discounted rates. Our tour…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours
We spent the morning in the SoHo area learning about marketing, fashion, concept shops and the history of the area.…
Wonderful tour and owner!
I had the pleasure of introducing my corporate group to Marla and her hospitality while we were on a NYC working tr…
Great Shopping Experience
This was our second shopping trip with Shop Gotham. We visited different designers each time, which is nice. One …
Great New York Shopping
Tge tour was great and Marla was awesome. She was very knowledgeable about New York fashion. The boutiques we visi…
Excellent Day of History & Shopping in Soho and The Garment District
I was charged with arranging something for a group of visiting relatives with varying interests this past weekend. …
Amazing tour in the garment center
Last Friday my friends and I went on the garment center tour and it was exactly what we hoped it would be! Melanie …
FAVOURITE PART OF NEW YORK!!!
My boyfriend and I did the tour. He doesn't like shopping much, but he LOVED the tour! It was everything and more. …
Always a fun time!
This is my second tour with Gotham, and I lucked out and got Marla! She was knowledgeable and fabulous! She took …
great tour. Wonderful company
1st trip to NYC and I Wanted to give my girlfriend a special moment,so shopping it was. she absolutely loved the Ga…
So much fun!!
Had so much fun visiting show rooms of variety of designers. Our tour guide Sarah was awesome. She made the thre…
Perfect shopping adventure for girlfriend
Took my girlfriend on the garment center tour last week and she loved it! I even enjoyed the history portion and of…
Fantastic tour . We loved every minute!
Camber was the best !!! My daughter and I had a great time. We bought a lot, the prices were great, but our tour …
Great way to spend 4 hours in NYC!!!!
We loved our experience. Loved Keve our tour guide and also loved meeting the designers in the showrooms. The opp…
Behind the Scenes Shopping
My friend and I love to shop for anything and anywhere that’s “different” and the Garment Center program definitely…
Marla provided our family with the names of the BEST stores to visit based on our interests and personal informatio…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:0061 (87) 2285 255
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 78,040 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 43,354 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 56,858 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 13,363 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour?
Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour price starts from AU$90.26. Discover and book Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour cancellation policy?
Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour?
Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour is hosted by Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Garment District Special Access Shopping Tour on Tripadvisor